Arrma Granite MEGA wheel issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
Anyone else have issues with the stock Granite wheels cracking around the hex? At first, i thought maybe i over tightened it, but, on the 2 new wheels i got, i made absolutely certain i didnt do that, and after a couple runs, they still cracked. Other than the Typhon 550 arms and links, and the BL combo i did (Hobby Wing 60A ESC and 3650 3250KV motor), and the sealed bearings, everything else is original.

I have the Granite BLX 3S model and never had an issue with the rims cracking. Someone might be able to correct me, but Ive been told the rims are different on the Granite MEGA, comapred to the BLX model? They have the same design, minus the crome, but maybe its a different plastic?

Ive owned both and think it’s just a different finish (chrome)

Very well could be. I never had them off the rim.
You just have to feel them. The mega tires are much softer. I had both at the same time so this isn't conjecture. It's fact ?

You just have to feel them. The mega tires are much softer. I had both at the same time so this isn't conjecture. It's fact ?
Im starting to think maybe i did over tighten them. Either that or the cheap clamp on hubs had something to do with it. I keep forgetting i even put them on it (they arent even a true clamp on, they just have a set screw in them to hold them on the axle). I usually put wheels tight, and i have never had them crack before, so, now i just need to get the tires off, and put them on some different wheels. These are the hubs i used: https://www.ebay.com/itm/STRC-ST365...210371&hash=item4d8b0af28d:g:T5QAAOSwdZBcKGRh I had a wheel come loose, and lost the hub, which is why i got those.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back