Arrma Granite Motor Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donovan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I'm considering getting a new motor in my Granite. I want something with lots of torque rather then speed (I'll take both too😀). I'm running the stock BLX100 esc.

I run 2650kv 4068 surpass motors on both mine and my son's 3s trucks. Both on the stock blx100. Recommended by me.

Reminder that you'll need to change gearing to accomodate kv change. I run an 18t on mine.

I run 2650kv 4068 surpass motors on both mine and my son's 3s trucks. Both on the stock blx100. Recommended by me.

Reminder that you'll need to change gearing to accomodate kv change. I run an 18t on mine.
Do you get cogging with that gearing?

Do you get cogging with that gearing?
Not really that I can tell. No more than the stock motor at least. 18t brings the speed back basically to stock and now it has extra torque from the bigger motor.

I'd probably only run this setup with decent batteries like I do though, cause it's going to pull slightly more amps than stock.

Could put the 4s motor in it 3668 - 2400kv. I guess the questions is why are you looking to replace the motor? Running too hot? Driving conditions? Base motor has failed...blown bearings? I'm just not sure you would see much difference with lower kv and higher gearing. One kinda cancels out the other. I would understand if you were looking to go 4s as the lower kv would be needed to accomodate the additional power.

I'm considering getting a new motor in my Granite. I want something with lots of torque rather then speed (I'll take both too😀). I'm running the stock BLX100 esc. I'm considering a 3670 3050kv motor or maybe a 4068 2650KV one.
Just get the v2 kraton motor from jennyrcs. If you want more torque. From 120€ to 55€ pretty value to me lol. I've been running it on my Senton on 4s and it has plenty of torque to lift my Senton at 75% punch 2 with 30c batts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back