Granite Arrma Granite roof protection - 3D printable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caracal RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello,

I designed, 3d printed and installed a pretty good roof protection for my Arrma Granite. I hope this may interest and help someone.
It is thing:4808243.
Here is the copy/past of the description:

Summary
This is a strong roof protection for the Arrma Granite that I designed for my car. I think that it is compatible with all versions of the Granite, at least before the V3 (please someone try on V3 and report in comments, it would be great).
You will need:
  • 4 x M3 screws
  • 4 x M3 nuts
Print Settings
Printer:
BIQU Thunder

Rafts:
Doesn't Matter

Supports:
Yes

Infill:

Filament brand:
Any

Filament color:
Any

Filament material:
TPU or TPE

IMG_20210327_212435.jpg

IMG_20210327_212346.jpg

IMG_20210327_212337.jpg

IMG_20210327_212407.jpg

IMG_20210327_213429.jpg

What the body REALLY needs is some guard rails on the tailgate specifically on the back corners where it WILL get torn up if you don't drywall tape and silicon the body haha

What the body REALLY needs is some guard rails on the tailgate specifically on the back corners where it WILL get torn up if you don't drywall tape and silicon the body haha
I use shoe goo and duct tape, works amazing! Adds a little weight but nothing the granite can't handle, I just preload the springs a little.

You can modify a Traxxas Maxx tailguard. Cut out the middle and Dremel out the screw supports. Otherwise you can just use heat moldable plastic, like I used for the roof guards. Cheaper and better than a tail. Tails are the first thing to break. I also used 2 layers of drywall tape and shoe goo.

With the added support, the V3 Granite body is rock solid. Arrma also added some extra side support where the cab meets the bed. Those indentations make a difference. The V2 Granite body folded at that stress point. After constantly patching up my V2 body, going through 2 Ford F100 bodies (one with 4-5 layers of drywall tape/shoe goo in the problem areas), I'm really happy with this V3 body.

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is doing OK after the drywall tape and silicon, but i think I'll add 2 layers next time just for that extra reinforcement haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back