Arrma Granite, Senton, Typhon, Big Rock Crew Cab and Vorteks shock upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: the new Tekno SCT410.2 comes with shocks that could be a great shock for the 3s line. The shocks are 13mm (not 16mm like on the original SCT410). Fronts look to be ~98mm and rears are ~108mm. The pictures of the shocks show them with a droop set, so I'm guessing they are a few mm longer than as pictured (see screenshots below). Here is the manual (page 21 & 22). I just ordered my kit and I'll measure the actual length when I build it. I hope Jenny's will carry these!

If you want to upgrade them further, you need:
  • TKR6708 – Shock Cartridge Guide Set (CNC, Delrin, 8pcs, EB410/ET410) x 1
  • TKR6712A – Shock Caps (7075, emulsion, black ano, 2pcs) x 2
  • TKR6740 – Shock Pistons (CNC, 5×1.2, flat/flat, 13mm, 2pcs) x 1
  • TKR6739 – Shock Pistons (CNC, 5×1.1, flat/flat, 13mm, 2pcs) x 1
And of course, spring options:

Front:
  • TKR6103
  • TKR6104
  • TKR6105
  • TKR6106
  • TKR6108
  • TKR6109
Rear
  • TKR6035
  • TKR6036
  • TKR6038
  • TKR6039
  • TKR6040
  • TKR6045
Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 8.40.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 8.39.57 PM.png

UNRELATED TO THIS POST (but relevant to the thread). Regarding the Axial bushings that are used to upgrade the 3s/ 4s line to Arrma 6s shocks, I was not satisfied with the amount of play in the eyelets of the shock. I am currently testing out adding pivot balls to the Axial bushings. I'm using pivot balls from the MT10. They take all the slop out.

Update: the new Tekno SCT410.2 comes with shocks that could be a great shock for the 3s line. The shocks are 13mm (not 16mm like on the original SCT410). Fronts look to be ~98mm and rears are ~108mm. The pictures of the shocks show them with a droop set, so I'm guessing they are a few mm longer than as pictured (see screenshots below). Here is the manual (page 21 & 22). I just ordered my kit and I'll measure the actual length when I build it. I hope Jenny's will carry these!

Front:
  • TKR6103
  • TKR6104
  • TKR6105
  • TKR6106
  • TKR6108
  • TKR6109
Rear
  • TKR6035
  • TKR6036
  • TKR6038
  • TKR6039
  • TKR6040
  • TKR6045
View attachment 328209

View attachment 328211

UNRELATED TO THIS POST (but relevant to the thread). Regarding the Axial bushings that are used to upgrade the 3s/ 4s line to Arrma 6s shocks, I was not satisfied with the amount of play in the eyelets of the shock. I am currently testing out adding pivot balls to the Axial bushings. I'm using pivot balls from the MT10. They take all the slop out.
Nice find!

As far as the bushings- these traxxas are what I used. Very good fit for my mp9 shocks. I believe I had to file the length of them down ever so slightly. I don't know the diameter off the top of my head. Ill have to take a shock off my big rock and measure one.

Screenshot_20231023-211540_eBay.jpg

Front:
  • TKR6103
  • TKR6104
  • TKR6105
  • TKR6106
  • TKR6108
  • TKR6109
Rear
  • TKR6035
  • TKR6036
  • TKR6038
  • TKR6039
  • TKR6040
  • TKR6045
View attachment 328209

View attachment 328211

Those dimensions look right in line with the Vorteks.

I don't have the measurements for these mp9 tki4 but I can tell you i sat them next to the stock big rock shocks and they are close enough it doesn't matter. Rears are prob 10mm longer but once on they settle perfectly.
I used traxxas shock bushings trimmed down up top and a small spacer on bottom between the shock and arm to keep them away from the cv's.
Fits absolutely amazing.

View attachment 306899

View attachment 306900

View attachment 306901

Those mp9 shocks look real nice. I really like the blue springs!

There is a lot of information in this thread and to be honest overwhelming at the moment. Being pretty green to the Arrama stuff. Could I get some help please
Granite 4x4.
Kid full throttled into the cargo trailer landing gear and right front shocks is more taco then hotdog
suggestion for direct replacement? I’m ok tossing on all 4 or just fronts. Thanks you so much

IMG_1922.jpeg

There is a lot of information in this thread and to be honest overwhelming at the moment. Being pretty green to the Arrama stuff. Could I get some help please
Granite 4x4.
Kid full throttled into the cargo trailer landing gear and right front shocks is more taco then hotdog
suggestion for direct replacement? I’m ok tossing on all 4 or just fronts. Thanks you so much

View attachment 335496

Sounds like your kid is learning the Arrma way -to go Full Send ,right off the Get Go..

Don't just bash. BLAST!😁

If you're willing to try and experiment, there's these at JennysRC.com

Screenshot_20231205-065730.png

You may need to make some tweaks to the length with some rubber tubing.

Curious for those with Granite 3s BLX running Kraton 6s shock in the rear and Mojave 6s shocking in the front . What did you find to be the best setup when it comes to
-Shock Oil weight
-springs
- modifing shock length

Thanks

Front: 330507 springs. Both front and rear 1000cst. Rear shocks original but sorry did not write down part number for harder shock. My body is heavier due to silicon renforcment so the harder shocks make sense when driving in wet sand / mud as it gets stuck in body and that becomes heavier. But the shocks are not that much stiffer than stock ones.

Used this chart to find Arrma springs. Just measure the length of the rear spring and find the hardest one from the chart.

I find more improvement on handling results from diff oil changes: Front 50k, center 200-300k, rear 20k oil in differentials. Seems many here have that setup. Stock tires give very good handling and durability. Spring changes are not so significant.

Shock length, see picture. Left is original Mojave. Right Mojave chassis but Kraton suspension.

20220405_203205.jpg

Last edited:
Front: 330507 springs. Both front and rear 1000cst. Rear shocks original but sorry did not write down part number for harder shock. My body is heavier due to silicon renforcment so the harder shocks make sense when driving in wet sand / mud as it gets stuck in body and that becomes heavier. But the shocks are not that much stiffer than stock ones.

Used this chart to find Arrma springs. Just measure the length of the rear spring and find the hardest one from the chart.

I find more improvement on handling results from diff oil changes: Front 50k, center 200-300k, rear 20k oil in differentials. Seems many here have that setup. Stock tires give very good handling and durability. Spring changes are not so significant.

Shock length, see picture. Left is original Mojave. Right Mojave chassis but Kraton suspension.

View attachment 357238
Great advice. I will give that a try next. I appreciate it

View attachment 357238
He's running the 6s shocks on his 3s car.

Recently tried a few shock/spring combinations in my (widened) Granite and my final choice are the Tekno SCT 410 version 1 shocks (not the 410.2).

They are 7mm longer than stock, both front and rear. Provides extra shock travel for jumps AND in a ground performance setup, provides extra room for sag.

Springs for jumping: Mojave in front Kraton fronts in the rear.

But for high speed bumpy terrain, the jumping springs are too stiff. I’m using Team Associated RC8 yellow springs. Definitely the best springs I’ve found for ground performance. Perfect stiffness for a parallel arms setup. Tighten the collars for bigger jumps.

To optimize ground performance, I recently tried Arrma shocks with shafts to match stock length perfectly. I thought lower stance should improve performance. And it does in some respects. But for my style of driving, i ended up liking the dive and squat of the slightly longer Tekno shocks.

Last edited:
Back