Arrma Granite, Senton, Typhon, Big Rock Crew Cab and Vorteks shock upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. I don't even think I need them, I think just like having random packages show up from China 3 months later... :ROFLMAO:
I've been averaging 2 weeks from China lately.

Took like 2weeks for mine. Wasn't too bad. Good luck

11 days China to NZ for my 2nd buy of the ZD Racing 1/8 shocks but this time just the front ones for my Typhon. I shorten them to the same length as stock. The rear ZD racing shocks when I shorten them they get too springy and kick the rear up to much so I stick with stock in the rear ZD up front.

11 days China to NZ for my 2nd buy of the ZD Racing 1/8 shocks but this time just the front ones for my Typhon. I shorten them to the same length as stock. The rear ZD racing shocks when I shorten them they get too springy and kick the rear up to much so I stick with stock in the rear ZD up front.
Oh yea made the spring too tense....i ended with stock rear up front. Rear ZDs on Rear. But gonna go ZD front on front and stock rear. This is with 60wt shock oil. Doing this to take out some of the extreme rake to the driveshafts and such

Oh yea made the spring too tense....i ended with stock rear up front. Rear ZDs on Rear. But gonna go ZD front on front and stock rear. This is with 60wt shock oil. Doing this to take out some of the extreme rake to the driveshafts and such

Yeah pretty much what I did. Shortening the ZD fronts by around 10mm is easy and improves its action over all IMO.

Thank you for the updated information @slick2500! I've just ordered the Mojave and Kraton front shocks from Jenny's. I've bent a few of the ZD Racing shock shafts (about $12 a pair Canadian) and have decided to take the plunge on the 6S shocks.

Here's a pic of the jumping spot I frequent. Image by Google User Jensen Smith.

AF1QipNTWUYGHNy3RMfDwf4IxZw9LItAUYZdhzJ2waGr=s1538-w824-h1538

Thank you for the updated information @slick2500! I've just ordered the Mojave and Kraton front shocks from Jenny's. I've bent a few of the ZD Racing shock shafts (about $12 a pair Canadian) and have decided to take the plunge on the 6S shocks.

Here's a pic of the jumping spot I frequent. Image by Google User Jensen Smith.

AF1QipNTWUYGHNy3RMfDwf4IxZw9LItAUYZdhzJ2waGr=s1538-w824-h1538

Dang bro that looks like a sick spot.

Are the shocks from the Kraton, Kration EXB, and the Notorious from Jenny’s RC all the same shocks basically? They seem to be but the prices vary a bit. Is any one of them preferred for usage on a Granite in the rears?

Are the shocks from the Kraton, Kration EXB, and the Notorious from Jenny’s RC all the same shocks basically? They seem to be but the prices vary a bit. Is any one of them preferred for usage on a Granite in the rears?
Yes the Kraton, Kraton EXB, Notorious and Outcast EXB all use the same shocks last I checked.

Need advice. What would you go with Typhon 6s/w stock springs. VS Pro-line but you gotta buy the tuning kit. $ matters so anythoughts on durability, performance.

T

Thanks. Any idea why Jenny’s prices then a little different?

I've always wondered this as well they will have the same part that fits 5 different vehicles listed under each different vehicle at different price. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Need advice. What would you go with Typhon 6s/w stock springs. VS Pro-line but you gotta buy the tuning kit. $ matters so anythoughts on durability, performance.
I’m sorry I cant advice you on your question but I was wondering what is the pro-line tuning kit? Is that required?

Dual rate springs, from what i understand is two springs one shock multiple options for spring rates. tuning springs extra.

Not sure how I missed it but I added the eye to eye measurements for the shocks to the first post.

I've always wondered this as well they will have the same part that fits 5 different vehicles listed under each different vehicle at different price. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
JRS breaks buys and breaks down the rigs right?

I would say the different prices proceed from the different prices of the rigs. Maybe... 😋

Arrma Mojave shocks.
The best place to source these is from Jenny's Rc. Use the Axial bushings in the upper mount to take up the space.

Am i blind... I can't find these Shocks at arrma-rc.com.
Is it just possible to order them in parts?

JRC isn't an option here in germany, thats why i am searching for an alternative.

I’ve just ordered the proline shocks for big rock. I do bash hard and was wondering what shock oil will be best. I know stock is 40wt is that the best for this truck bashing wise? I have a bottle of 40 and 45.

Back