Arrma Granite, Senton, Typhon, Big Rock Crew Cab and Vorteks shock upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that the recommended front is 100mm and the rear is 115. Is there are any real difference other than ride height if this was different? I've noticed that the arms give more free play movement when the shocks are removed does anyone know if this plays a negative part on performance or can the extra space be used with longer or more dense shocks like 6s compatible ones? I want to make sure before I take the plunge. For example, the 6s typhoon front shocks I'm looking at are 115mm double section springs where the rear ones are 135mm. Would this not fit? Or be too wild if I did try to fit them?

I noticed that the recommended front is 100mm and the rear is 115. Is there are any real difference other than ride height if this was different? I've noticed that the arms give more free play movement when the shocks are removed does anyone know if this plays a negative part on performance or can the extra space be used with longer or more dense shocks like 6s compatible ones? I want to make sure before I take the plunge. For example, the 6s typhoon front shocks I'm looking at are 115mm double section springs where the rear ones are 135mm. Would this not fit? Or be too wild if I did try to fit them?
The issue I find with shocks longer than stock ones is it has a negative effect on the drive shaft angles and makes it easier for them to break.

Thanks Slick, would you also recommend using the same shock sizes upfront as rear? I have changed my cvds to steel/aluminium ones already.

Thanks Slick, would you also recommend using the same shock sizes upfront as rear? I have changed my cvds to steel/aluminium ones already.
I would recommend keeping them at or as close to stock as possible to be honest. I would not run the same length shocks front and rear the front will be higher than the rear.

I've just purchased a full set of typhoon 6s shocks from jenny's for my BRCC, they just updated their website with restock and are almost out already. I'll let you guys know what they are like wh n everything arrives.

@slick2500 Thank you!! I have these ZD Racing shocks (see picture), will the axial bushings work on them?

Screenshot_20210916-010346_eBay.jpg

I would recommend keeping them at or as close to stock as possible to be honest. I would not run the same length shocks front and rear the front will be higher than the rear.
Yeah but then our trucks would look like all the Yeah Boys with the Carolina Squat trucks.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I finally had time to install the 6S shocks I ordered from Jenny's. The Mojave shocks were a little long so it gave my Granite a reverse rake upon initial install. I shortened it by placing a spacer under the piston as advised in the first post. Filled them with 1000 CST shock oil to match the Kraton viscosity in the rear.

PXL_20210918_054342279.jpg

PXL_20210918_054511070.jpg

Thanks @slick2500 for the updated guide! 👍🏼

So I stuffed up and order Mojave rear shocks from Jenny’s instead of fronts. Could someone tell me the length of the Mojave rears? as I may still be able to use them. Please 🙏
So I stuffed up and order Mojave rear shocks from Jenny’s instead of fronts. Could someone tell me the length of the Mojave rears? as I may still be able to use them. Please 🙏

All good. Found it.

Mojave 6s
- front length (eye to eye): 108mm
- rear length (eye to eye): 133mm

Last edited:
Has anyone come accross a better solution than the axial bushing for mounting the typhon 6s shocks? They work okay…but there is a solid amount of play in them. Ive been debating a hard spacer with washers on each side but struggling to find an off-the-shelf spacer that will fit. Starting to think ill need to 3d print some through ProtoLabs or something.

Has anyone come accross a better solution than the axial bushing for mounting the typhon 6s shocks? They work okay…but there is a solid amount of play in them. Ive been debating a hard spacer with washers on each side but struggling to find an off-the-shelf spacer that will fit. Starting to think ill need to 3d print some through ProtoLabs or something.
Nitro fuel line works.

Poly tube maybe for bushings. I used medical hose. She was great. I mean it worked great. Like whats on a nebulizer machine.

*Question*
What's the diff between the 3 diff listed shocks from kraton kratonexb noto?

Back