Granite Arrma Granite Typhon Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N0isyknuckles

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I am considering putting the Typhon RPM arms on a granite. My question is how much width does this add and can the stock granite tie rods and turnbuckles just be let out a bit to accommodate this. On Jenny's it shows granite in the description of the Typhon tie rods and turnbuckles. Any pics on a rig like this would be awesome!

I am considering putting the Typhon RPM arms on a granite. My question is how much width does this add and can the stock granite tie rods and turnbuckles just be let out a bit to accommodate this. On Jenny's it shows granite in the description of the Typhon tie rods and turnbuckles. Any pics on a rig like this would be awesome!
You will need the arms and turnbuckles. The Typhon turnbuckles are 48mm and the Granite are 36mm. The driveshafts are universal, except the axle at the ends are different. The Typhon uses 17mm hexes instead of 14mm like the Granite

You will need the arms and turnbuckles. The Typhon turnbuckles are 48mm and the Granite are 36mm. The driveshafts are universal, except the axle at the ends are different. The Typhon uses 17mm hexes instead of 14mm like the Granite
Ok, so the overall width gain is about 24mm/.94 inch?

Ok, so the overall width gain is about 24mm/.94 inch?
Granite width: 342mm
Typhon width: 306mm

What you don’t see is the overall width of the hexes and the wheel offsets. I’m not entirely sure if that helps.

Here's a rear granite vs Typhon arm for comparison. Additional width can be gained with wider hex adapters. If staying with 14mm granite wheels you can extended hex adapters from GPM.
20200331_220453.jpg

Here's a rear granite vs Typhon arm for comparison. Additional width can be gained with wider hex adapters. If staying with 14mm granite wheels you can extended hex adapters from GPM.
View attachment 72579
Thanks, that pic helps alot. Im looking to stay with the stock sized tire for now but wanted a little more width. I think i'd prefer to lengthen the arms rather then hub extend.

Thanks, that pic helps alot. Im looking to stay with the stock sized tire for now but wanted a little more width. I think i'd prefer to lengthen the arms rather then hub extend.
I’m not trying to talk you out of the arm swap, but if that is the route you go, be sure to get the RPM arms, not the stock ones. The stock Typhon arms will break very quickly with MT tires.

I am considering putting the Typhon RPM arms on a granite. Any pics on a rig like this would be awesome!

RPM rear arms on my son 3s Typhon (LWB chassis);

IMG_2004.JPG

And I suggest Typhon/Senton 6s turnbuckle. Useful on inside SCT track;

IMG_2chhgchgc695.jpg

Interesting. So I am guessing that the typhon widths is based on the wheels outer edge to outer edge. Since it is buggy tires they are narrower. Whereas the granite has shorter arms but a wider width than the typhon due to the mt tires width.

Interesting. So I am guessing that the typhon widths is based on the wheels outer edge to outer edge. Since it is buggy tires they are narrower. Whereas the granite has shorter arms but a wider width than the typhon due to the mt tires width.
Exactly. The hexes may come into effect here too. The Typhon hexes are 17mm and might be narrower too.

Does the granite sit lower with Typhon arms?I put mx28's on my Typhon and the chassi is closer to the ground compared to my granite?

If any it should be higher.

The arms doesn't effect the height as they are both similar design (straight), but if angle of the arms is the same, the longer arms will result in a higher ride height

Does the granite sit lower with Typhon arms?I put mx28's on my Typhon and the chassi is closer to the ground compared to my granite?
The shock mounting point/angle is the same between both Typhon arms and the granite arms so as Yonic said it maybe will gain a little, like a few mm.

I installed the typhon 3s rpm arms on the granite. Before installing the typhon 3s axles I tested it with the hr 17mm +10mm extenders/adaptors. The combo of typhon 3s arms (rpm) and hr 17mm +10mm gained a noticeable amount of width. Tires were way further out from the body vs stock.

I then installed the typhon 3s axles and hubs and lost some width. Tires sucked in closer to the body.

So If you wanted a really easy width extension on the granite just use the typhon 3s rpm arms AND the hr 17mm +10mm extender/adaptor on the granite axles. The stock turnbuckles can be turned out to accommodate this but you lose a range of adjustability until you get the longer turnbuckles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back