Arrma granite upgrade to 3s brushless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WydRN

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Replacing my sons brushed motor and ESC with a factory Arrma 3S 3250kv and BLX100.

Both parts came today and I’ve discovered our pinion year does not fit the motor shaft.
Also discovered our lipo packs have ic3 connectors and the new ESC has ic5.

Suggestions? Any other surprises?
part numbers? Links to parts I can order?
Thanks for any help!

Replacing my sons brushed motor and ESC with a factory Arrma 3S 3250kv and BLX100.

Both parts came today and I’ve discovered our pinion year does not fit the motor shaft.
Also discovered our lipo packs have ic3 connectors and the new ESC has ic5.

Suggestions? Any other surprises?
part numbers? Links to parts I can order?
Thanks for any help!

If you plan on running 3S you are going to want to upgrade to the 3S BLX driveline....spur, pinion, slipper, diffs and input gears. You want the 3S motor mount too. IC5 is going to be better than the IC3's (if I'm right in thinking the 5's are larger.) Of you stick to 2S you can get away without upgrading the complete driveline.

If you plan on running 3S you are going to want to upgrade to the 3S BLX driveline....spur, pinion, slipper, diffs and input gears. You want the 3S motor mount too. IC5 is going to be better than the IC3's (if I'm right in thinking the 5's are larger.) Of you stick to 2S you can get away without upgrading the complete driveline.
I replaced everything but the differentials and shafts.
The pile of parts I bought today didn’t come with the black sleeve that goes over the red anodized piece that connects the slipper to the center driveshaft.
Also all they had was a 13T pinion gear. The thing was doing wheelies like crazyyyy!
I don’t thinkthe slipper clutch was working at all didn’t seem like we had four wheel drive.
but man it was twice as fast as it was before!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back