Granite Arrma granite v3 delay cogging throttle from standstill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, I have got an arrma granite v3 (last model) and the model has a little throttle delay when the model starts from stand still. I knew the previous version had this problem (v2) but how is possibile also last version? I set punch to maximum but nothing... I read that with dumbo rc radio and trsmitter this issues can be fixed, is it true or no?

Hello to everyone, I have got an arrma granite v3 (last model) and the model has a little throttle delay when the model starts from stand still. I knew the previous version had this problem (v2) but how is possibile also last version? I set punch to maximum but nothing... I read that with dumbo rc radio and trsmitter this issues can be fixed, is it true or no?
It depends on what the issue is. Is your gear mesh set correctly? Is your slipper clutch set correctly? What pinion are you running?

If it is actually motor cogging that will sound different than just a transmitter delay. Which transmitter do you have, to be clear?

It depends on what the issue is. Is your gear mesh set correctly? Is your slipper clutch set correctly? What pinion are you running?

If it is actually motor cogging that will sound different than just a transmitter delay. Which transmitter do you have, to be clear?
Is all stock, the problem is a little delay from standstill, i'd Like to solve it

No need for a new radio IMO. The stock one on the V3 is decent. First check: calibration. Second check: Knob TH in middle position?
Haven't had such problems with my V3 myself. How long is the delay? The Granite isn't a dragracer. ;)

It's normal cogging with BLX setups. These are not Crawlers dude. Just stomp on it. You wont see the cogging. Over gearing will always make cogging worse. But cogging does no damage, just when it it's over geared it can become more of a nuisance if anything.

Definitely check your motor's (3) Phase wires. They can get cut up or damaged or disconnected in the Granite. Corrosion can contribute to a bad connection also. That's all.
I don't know how/ where you drive it.

It's normal cogging with BLX setups. These are not Crawlers dude. Just stomp on it. You wont see the cogging. Over gearing will always make cogging worse. But cogging does no damage, just when it it's over geared it can become more of a nuisance if anything.

Definitely check your motor's (3) Phase wires. They can get cut up or damaged or disconnected in the Granite. Corrosion can contribute to a bad connection also. That's all.
The model is new, i I bought it a month ago, i have used it four times

Then you are not familiar with BLX motors. Cogging is normal. These are NOT Sensored BXL motors and ESC's. Back EMF is not well regulated and refined enough.
But being fairly new doesn't mean wire connections shouldnt be looked over carefully. Even out the box Arrma screws them up. Wires are usually a mess and not laid out carefully enough. Wire management is usually in order when you first get them. Examine all and zip tie as needed. Just preventive maintenance that will prevent electrical issues down the road. If you search this forum well enough, you will see what I mean regarding your Granite.

I have a granite I converted to a blx100 3200kv system and a typhon 3s and both do it. I have reset them and messed with other settings and they still do it. It's the most annoying on hills.

I just start with a little bit of throttle to get it going then punch it.

My other granite has a Onyx 3000kv brushless system and stock radio and it goes right away so its definitely the ESC and not the radio IMO.

Hope this helps.

Adam

efinitely check your motor's (3) Phase wires. They can get cut up or damaged or disconnected in the Granite. Corrosion can contribute to a bad connection also. That's all.
The model is new, i I bought it a month ago, i have used it four times
I thought that with the v3 version they solved instead .... Anyway, can you confirm that the problem persists with the dumbo radio?

I have a granite I converted to a blx100 3200kv system and a typhon 3s and both do it. I have reset them and messed with other settings and they still do it. It's the most annoying on hills.

I just start with a little bit of throttle to get it going then punch it.

My other granite has a Onyx 3000kv brushless system and stock radio and it goes right away so its definitely the ESC and not the radio IMO.

Hope this helps.

Adam
Yeah it's just cheap RTR electrics. Poor Back EMF control at the ESC. That motor would be better/smoother with a REAL ESC.
But this is just normal cogging. Get used to cogging or just $$upgrade$$ to a Sensored BLX setup ( motor and ESC), if you want cogging to disappear. ?‍♂️
I hope the OP understands it.
:cool:

only way to get rid of clogging is gear down 13t,smaller tires,or bigger esc,6s 2050kv motor ,sensored system..if you want to go slow with lots of torque id do 13t an 40mm motor around 2000kv

Thx for the post.....I never noticed this on my Infraction/Felony nor knew about this....now I am sure it is there....but as SrC said...hell I always punch it.... ?

Last edited:
Get a lower kv motor and a higher c battery. It should solve your issues. Especially with a stock blx. I had cogging issues when I put a cheap esc in mine. It wasn’t until I upgraded to a higher quality esc did it go away. But I upgraded from a Mega to a brushless. But it could also be your gear mesh and slipper are too tight causing too much strain on your motor. Currently I’m running a Surpass 120 amp esc and Surpass 2900 kv motor and 15 tooth pinion.

Back