Granite Arrma Granite Voltage Brushless Upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Buckley

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Hi all,

Recently my Arrma Granite Voltages Mega 540 20t motor got a rock stuck in it and jammed up. I cannot find this rock but I can see that it has bent one of the fans. A friend gave me a new motor however it is not for monster trucks so is slower with less tourque. I was wondering if it was possible to upgrade this system to brushless for more speed and talk without replacing the ESC and other electronics, and if so, does anyone have any motor suggestions for around $30 USD. I have been looking for a 10-15 turn, 540 brushless motor but this is the first motor problem I have had so am not sure of the motor that would best suit.

Thanks, Tom

No the esc is for brushed motors only and is a 3 in 1 unit that has the radio built in ive found even going the the arrma 15t motor is too much for it usually, to go brushless you need a brushless motor and esc and a new steering servo and radio, Ive converted my sons voltage to brushless with a cheap gool rc 3300kv motor it runs well but you will definitely strip out the drive shaft cups , ive up graded my to metal but then you start breaking the diff or spur gear, i would just get another 20t brushed motor and save yourself the money

Hi, I was just wondering whether a 17 or 18 turn motor would be suitable for this vehicile as I am keen for a slight speed upgrade without buying lipo batteries.
Also, does anyone know how many Kv the Arrma Mega 20t Brushed Motor is?

I Honestly wouldnt bother with a 17 or 18 turn motor the stock esc is very weak, mine started smoking a few runs after using the stock arrma 15t motor from the megas, the 20t motor in the voltage equals out to about 2200KV , you should just change out to the 19t pinion gear from the stock 16t and you will see a decent increase in speed instead of going lower turn motor

I Honestly wouldnt bother with a 17 or 18 turn motor the stock esc is very weak, mine started smoking a few runs after using the stock arrma 15t motor from the megas, the 20t motor in the voltage equals out to about 2200KV , you should just change out to the 19t pinion gear from the stock 16t and you will see a decent increase in speed instead of going lower turn motor
Ok thank you,
I will get back to you with the results as soon as possible

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back