Arrma Granite Voltage only steering response and no throttle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thef91gundam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
So while i was waiting for a rear tower for my kraton to arrive, i decided to have fun on my lil brother's granite voltage under the rain.

Suddenly it doesn't have steering response but that's impossible because i change the servo with a aftermarket 20kg servo €35 (original was useless). I decided to open the ESC and god it was full of sand. So i cleaned it op with a tootbrush and test it again before assembly. This time i got only steering and no throttle at all. Light keeps blinking green.

It's still under warranty but yeah... at this moment i can't even trust the ESC. I want to upgrade it to brushless but again, it's not mine and i don't want to spend €100 on a €130 car. It's my lil brother's car.

I kinda fixed it. Seems like i can't use the Nimh port anymore (one S2 chip is fried and idk how and why). I know it's dangerous to use Nimh battery on Li-ion or Lipo port but it's just a temporary fix. I'll bought him a brushless upgrade this christmas. Just don't want to spoil him.

Edit: Li-ion port works but only for a couple seconds and then no throttle response. Guess it can't be helped.

Last edited:
I kinda fixed it. Seems like i can't use the Nimh port anymore (one S2 chip is fried and idk how and why). I know it's dangerous to use Nimh battery on Li-ion or Lipo port but it's just a temporary fix. I'll bought him a brushless upgrade this christmas. Just don't want to spoil him.
I'm curious... what do you mean by Nimh port and lipo port? On the truck? Got a photo?

Nvm esc is just done for. Kinda sucks. Fried ESC on Granite Voltage and heavily bended rear shock tower my Kraton. Waiting for part atm.

Attachments

• 20180926_222109.jpg
    20180926_222109.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 70
Oh, I got you. Didn't realize it had pins to set stuff. I'm guessing that's just turning on or off the LVC for lipo, so running Nimh in lipo mode shouldn't hurt anything, but it will stop running before they are dead dead.

I guess it could have also been a punch limiter too as lipo's allow more current flow than lipo's. Not sure how big of an issue that would be as the packs will only give up what they can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back