Granite Arrma Granite Voltage... transmission upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, sorry don't think there ever will be any metal gears made for the platform unless someone gets very creative and experiments on their own.

What @Cheapbastard said. I've looked extensively, even tried a couple ideas of making one out of other parts. The drive gear that engages the idler gear is 32p/0.8mod 15T pitch so I tried making something up using a 15T pinion gear but I've yet to find a way to make up a shaft/spur/slipper combo that works. Even if I did figure out a way odds are the diff output shafts would snap from the torque with brushless power if driven hard. The diff output shafts are the next weakest link after the plastic diff output cups.

I own a voltage and found the best things that you can upgrade are tie rods (Traxxas adjustable metal ones), metal diff outdrive cups, 12mm hex wheels and tires, servo and servo saver, and shocks if you can find a pair that fit (80-85mm that are no wider than the 3s shock width). If wanting to convert to brushless go with a 2s system with a moderate KV motor but not too high of a KV paired with a decent radio and receiver. Oh yeah, T-Bone racing also makes bumpers for the voltage and are usually in stock because nobody really buys anything for the voltage LOL.

But yeah, no chassis upgrades, no ability to use a bigger battery in the stock battery tray, no replaceable motor mounts, no better spur/gear combos ☹

I started back in RC a couple months ago with a Granite Voltage and it quickly became apparent to me the voltage is a Starter RC. It’s built to meet a price point Low enough to get people into RC. It’s not meant to be a platform that can grow with you., unfortunately. For $99, it’s fantastic, but throwing a bunch of money at it really isn’t’worth it, IMO. I decided to purchase a Typhon 3S, and am happy with that platform so far. I still like the Granite and drive it though.

What @Cheapbastard said. I've looked extensively, even tried a couple ideas of making one out of other parts. The drive gear that engages the idler gear is 32p/0.8mod 15T pitch so I tried making something up using a 15T pinion gear but I've yet to find a way to make up a shaft/spur/slipper combo that works. Even if I did figure out a way odds are the diff output shafts would snap from the torque with brushless power if driven hard. The diff output shafts are the next weakest link after the plastic diff output cups.

I own a voltage and found the best things that you can upgrade are tie rods (Traxxas adjustable metal ones), metal diff outdrive cups, 12mm hex wheels and tires, servo and servo saver, and shocks if you can find a pair that fit (80-85mm that are no wider than the 3s shock width). If wanting to convert to brushless go with a 2s system with a moderate KV motor but not too high of a KV paired with a decent radio and receiver. Oh yeah, T-Bone racing also makes bumpers for the voltage and are usually in stock because nobody really buys anything for the voltage LOL.

But yeah, no chassis upgrades, no ability to use a bigger battery in the stock battery tray, no replaceable motor mounts, no better spur/gear combos ☹
This is good information! Any chance you could break down your suggested upgrades with part numbers or links to items on Amazon?
Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back