Granite Arrma Granite Voltage -Upgrade Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieDayDream

Reaction score
I have the smaller version of the Granite Voltage 4x4. And I'm wanting to upgrade my tires to be bigger. Mostly everything that was stock is upgraded. Anyone know what my limit on size I should go with that my Granite could handle? I can run up to a 3s battery.

i'm confused. you said granite voltage, that is a 2wd car, and then you said 4x4, which is not the voltage.. but a completely different car.

What car is it? the 4x4 or the 2wd?

Look for something cheap on amazon or save you money and pickup a BLX. If you like to work on RC cars there are used options on ebay that normally sell for about $250 ish. They normally need a little tlc to get up and running.

For either the 2wd Voltage or the 4x4 Granite, stay with the 2.8MT tires. If voltage, you need 12mm hex, if 4x4, you need 14mm hex. Either way, if you want bigger than 2.8 tires, you will need to make the truck wider so the tire will clear the body and chassis.

Hi Guys,

One of the rear hubs has a sliding pin. Do replacement aftermarket wheel sets come with a slot to fit the pin? The other side is a 12mm hex, so this is clear.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

One of the rear hubs has a sliding pin. Do replacement aftermarket wheel sets come with a slot to fit the pin? The other side is a 12mm hex, so this is clear.

Thanks!
That’s not making full sense, I have a couple of voltages and both rear hubs are the same. Got a picture to clarify?
Wait…Are you possibly talking about the small pin that the wheel hex fits on to secure the hex to the axel? Did the hex stick on one side of the axle and come off on the other side? I know they’re plastic and they will stick like their part of the axle, but if you pull on it it will come off and you’ll see another pin And at that point they will look the same

Hello,
That’s not making full sense, I have a couple of voltages and both rear hubs are the same. Got a picture to clarify?
Wait…Are you possibly talking about the small pin that the wheel hex fits on to secure the hex to the axel? Did the hex stick on one side of the axle and come off on the other side? I know they’re plastic and they will stick like their part of the axle, but if you pull on it it will come off and you’ll see another pin And at that point they will look the same
Yes, I think you described it right. Sounds like one of the wheels has the plastic hex piece connected to it, while the other side, the hex piece stayed on the axle, exposing the metal pin.

Should the hex plastic piece stay on the wheel? Or should it stay on the vehicle? I don't want to force any piece off until I know where each piece is intended to be at.

I tried to pry off the hex piece from the wheel, but I started damaging the plastic hex piece, so I decided not to try harder. The hex plastic piece seemed firmly pressed on the axle on the other side, so I didn't want to pull on that either. I was maybe thinking due to directional tires, that the sides were different to prevent improper mounting, but perhaps too overboard for a $90 RC.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

Yes, I think you described it right. Sounds like one of the wheels has the plastic hex piece connected to it, while the other side, the hex piece stayed on the axle, exposing the metal pin.

Should the hex plastic piece stay on the wheel? Or should it stay on the vehicle? I don't want to force any piece off until I know where each piece is intended to be at.

I tried to pry off the hex piece from the wheel, but I started damaging the plastic hex piece, so I decided not to try harder. The hex plastic piece seemed firmly pressed on the axle on the other side, so I didn't want to pull on that either. I was maybe thinking due to directional tires, that the sides were different to prevent improper mounting, but perhaps too overboard for a $90 RC.

Thanks for your help!
You don’t have to take it off. Just put the other one back on and make sure the hex pin is in that small slot on the hex.

For things like that I use a pair of pliers with the jaws wrapped with electrical tape to avoid damaging plastic parts.

Update - it seems the hex mount is fused to the wheel on one side. I’ve pretty much mangled it trying to get it out. I ended up pulling the hex from the other axle and swapping them.

I’ll still need to figure out how to either remove the hex mount from that one wheel when it’s time for replacement wheel/tires or I’ll need to source a new hex.

Thanks again for the help.

Part # is ARAC 8068
This is the 4 hexes and replacement pivot balls. $9.99 I think. Make sure you keep wheel nuts tight if they loosen the hex will spin inside the hex on the rim and damage them might even melt together. Their might be metal hexes available which might be better but if you keep wheel tight shouldn’t have any problems. I always use a small drop of blue loctite on axle nuts to be safe.

This is my first post.

Surpass Hobby 6638N Tires $28 for a full set.
357F2E0F-A660-4573-A5C8-1756FAF22315.jpeg
9A386114-3082-497B-B81C-7CB61E7A6ADD.jpeg
B411C8B1-F4FD-4366-BBC5-7E4AD993A7DC.jpeg
23972C60-9548-4699-8663-E617EE0A7F70.jpeg

Wow those look great. That is cheap. Two of my grandkids have the voltage. In Nov. of 2020, horizon had a sale and I got one for $60.00. I have regretted not buying more at that time. Thanks for sharing. If your servo saver ever seizes up and won’t spring back check out the video on YouTube called “how to repair servo saver for arrma granite voltage and 3s line. So you can possibly fix rather then replace. Have fun rc’ing.

In Nov. of 2020, horizon had a sale and I got one for $60.00. I have regretted not buying more at that time.
Same here, this one’s been converted over to brushless. This setup was in another Voltage but I placed a silicone earplug in the diff to give it some positrac, it worked and held up for over six months until the transmission let go. The gears were over half the cost of the truck and I was in the market for new tires so I waited for it to go on sale and bought another but it was around $90 this time instead of $60. I own a lot of other RC vehicles but this one is in my top 5 favorite.

Thank you for the tip, I’ve been lucky and haven’t had issues but if I do now I know there’s a fix out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back