Arrma has released something

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Arrma has secretly released something a week ago. New boost upgrades... a new part they have a created. Sintered spur gears. Sounds like a new version of the 3s trucks are coming and they will come with sintered spurs instead of the machined ones from the 4s. Sould be better than the plastic ones.

Found also a new part number A very wild one.
97D1CC46-CD2E-480A-B308-435DB33317FF.png

Here are the links:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/metal-slipper-power-module-boost-box/ARA210013.html
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/wide-arm-boost-box/ARA230008.html
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/metal-slipper-and-metal-input-gears-boost-box/ARA210006.html
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/3s-brushless-boost-box/ARA210005.html
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/metal-diff-boost-box/ARA210007.html
These might be a deal depending on how u see it.

I predict a new version of the 3s trucks with metal diff and sintered spur very soon. Otherwise why would they be making parts for the boost cars to convert them to 4s drivetrain(minus the spur who is sintered) The videos are under “not listed” you can only access them trough the direct links
C89457DF-F352-45BB-BE2A-AF3F99628F86.png

7B1B6A74-B24F-4FBD-9CE2-52BAD49A504C.png

Last edited:
Doesn’t seem like a sintered gear would be very reliable if you really put the spurs to it. See what I did there? 😊 Certainly not as good as steel, but maybe better than plastic? Why would they go to the trouble to manufacture that when machined steel gears are so reliable and cost effective?

Doesn’t seem like a sintered gear would be very reliable if you really put the spurs to it. See what I did there? 😊 Certainly not as good as steel, but maybe better than plastic? Why would they go to the trouble to manufacture that when machined steel gears are so reliable and cost effective?
I think you're making an assumption here that machined gears are cost effective ;)

With sintered garbage metal, you can literally use almost any combination of metals. Very few restrictions, and the molded type processing is much cheaper than rolling a solid bar or round of higher quality, specific "ingredient" steel and then time-consumingly machining it down to spec. More people and parts in the works for sure.

I'll take the upgrade for sure though. I like the "step" that sintered garbage metal offers. Not every truck needs expensive machined gears (y)

I think you're making an assumption here that machined gears are cost effective ;)

With sintered garbage metal, you can literally use almost any combination of metals. Very few restrictions, and the molded type processing is much cheaper than rolling a solid bar or round of higher quality, specific "ingredient" steel and then time-consumingly machining it down to spec. More people and parts in the works for sure.

I'll take the upgrade for sure though. I like the "step" that sintered garbage metal offers. Not every truck needs expensive machined gears (y)
That is why every Chinese rc on the market uses sintered gears if they have metal diffs because it is the cheapest way to make gears.

That is why every Chinese rc on the market uses sintered gears if they have metal diffs because it is the cheapest way to make gears.
Sintered gears might be the cheapest “metal” gears to make, but machined steel gears are not that expensive to produce in volume. I know there are obviously different levels of quality, so I don’t expect Tekno or Saga level gears in this conversation, but one can buy a dozen-gear assortment on AliExpress for just a few bucks and I’d bet my hat that even those Chinesium mystery metal gears would hold up as well, if not better, than a sintered gear. I can’t imagine throwing any kind of power at a powdered metal gear without them losing teeth.
Sintered metals can be great in friction applications like brake pads, clutch discs, etc., but they don’t have teeth and I’m skeptical of their longevity as a gear, especially one that small that deals with so much torque.
I could be totally wrong, I’m just super skeptical of sintered metal gears.

Why would they make cheaper gears and axles for the 4s trucks when they have optional parts made out of cnc? Thats what they did with the v2 4s

Why would they make cheaper gears and axles for the 4s trucks when they have optional parts made out of cnc?
That’s exactly my point. They’re marketing the sintered gears as an upgrade to plastic, which they might be, a little, but yeah…nope. Steel is a gear’s best friend.

Sintered spurs is a traxxas thing. But with time they all end up doing the same poop. Arrma might become like traxxas in terms of material used sooner than we think
That’s exactly my point. They’re marketing the sintered gears as an upgrade to plastic, which they might be, a little, but yeah…nope. Steel is a gear’s best friend.
Best arrma was old arrma not the new one who only think about high markup. Arrma was always about giving more for the money

It's the upgrade path they make the most money on, plastic -> steel leaves money on the table! plastic -> "metal" -> steel makes 33% more!

I have been impressed with the stock plastic spur after sealing the power module.

HSP sintered diffs and spur have been quite reliable.

I just wish Arrma would make their gears wider, 3S CNC spur is too narrow imo.

Last edited:
I can see why sintered on the 3s trucks because its a budget kind of line. Its going to be better than plastic hopefully. But why go trought the trouble just put the 4s spur in it. Imagine having a metal spur you have to upgrade to another metal spur. Thats traxxas mental gymnastics -_-

I can see why sintered on the 3s trucks because its a budget kind of line. Its going to be better than plastic hopefully. But why go trought the trouble just put the 4s spur in it. Imagine having a metal spur you have to upgrade to another metal spur. Thats traxxas mental gymnastics -_-
Like @CrashBoom said so they can make more money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back