Arrma heatsink mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy420

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions. I thought by cutting channels for air to flow through it'd help with the cooling by increasing the surface area air is moved across without taking too much metal from the heatsink.
20200718_142459.jpg
20200718_142447.jpg

Looking for opinions. I thought by cutting channels for air to flow through it'd help with the cooling by increasing the surface area air is moved across without taking too much metal from the heatsink.View attachment 95575View attachment 95576
Seems to me you are just decreasing the surface area that is making contact with the can. If you use thermal paste between the sync and the can it will work much more efficiently. That said, seems what you did was just make it so the fans blow directly on the motor in those spots, wouldn't change the temps enough to be noticeable without a thermometer of some sort...

I tried it out but the extra fan I had failed. I don't have a thermometer to be sure but the addition of a fan on the heatsink made a difference i could notice by touch. It was an extra heatsink I had so no loss. It's definitely likely as stated above that all I did was have some of the air now blow directly on the can which won't decrease temps by a measurable amount. Thanks for the thermal paste suggestion that's totally pertinent and I will have to pick some up.

I tried it out but the extra fan I had failed. I don't have a thermometer to be sure but the addition of a fan on the heatsink made a difference i could notice by touch. It was an extra heatsink I had so no loss. It's definitely likely as stated above that all I did was have some of the air now blow directly on the can which won't decrease temps by a measurable amount. Thanks for the thermal paste suggestion that's totally pertinent and I will have to pick some up.
You can get PC CPU thermal paste (like quick silver or something) that is not an adhesive, it'll come off fairly easily and transfer what well. I got some thermal adhesive for my Senton because the way the smaller heatsyncs are designed there is nothing but friction holding them on but on the Kraton I used some of the past I had from building a PC...not as permanent ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back