Arrma/Hobbico Vs Traxxas Settled?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep seeing mentions of the shock geomgeom possibly being the reason for the suite but frankly it's different ..

Look, I love my revo - it does a lot of things better than any thing that came before it. But the Nero - while sharing some similarities - is a very different machine in numerous ways.

The biggest problem is that traxxas claims they (arrma/nero) are trying to pretend to be or could somehow be mistaken for a traxxas revo - personally that is absurd - even a mentally challenged child wouldn't confuse the two.

Too bad the the servo guards & pivot links are so close to the revo design as well .. If they were more different traxxas would have a tougher time in court...

Super upset the Nero is no longer available - I really wanted one ..
correct how could someone mistake a high quality kit like the nero with a piece of junk traxxas revo or e-revo.

Traxxas was taken over by the accountants. They doesn't care about anything but $$. They spend more money on advertising than Product Development/Improvement.
tehy always have. the rtr craze was started by traxxas advertyising shoving rtr kits down our throats and now good luck finding anythng outside of ultra high end race machines or tamiya that isnt at least partially assembled

[speculation]

So the lawsuit is against Hobbico. What happens if Hobbico is no more? What if someone buys Arrma, but not Hobbico? I would assume, Traxxas would just start over with a new suit, But I don't really know.

BUT-

What if Horizon wins with their bid to buy Tower, Great Planes, and the RC business? Including Arrma? Remember HH was also sued by Traxxas for the Twin Hammers laydown shocks. But they came to an agreement, made a minor change, and kept selling the TH.

So IF HH wins the bid.
And IF HH can come up with a similar deal with the Nero as they did with the TH -
Maybe this time next year, we could be buying Nero's again?

Lots of "ifs" and speculation, but it could be a ray of hope...

Last edited:
I buy from great planes which is Hobbico and got a letter saying its up for auction on the 28th of this month, i really wouldn't like to see HH buy it as they would have a monopoly on the rc business in north america and having a different owner would be good for the rc business in general. Also traxxas seem to want control of the rc business, they may think they have a monopoly but they don't. I really hope some significant player buys hobbico and keeps it going and hope Arrma wins as i do believe they try to make a better mousetrap , IMHO

I really thought my pledge to not buy another new Traxxas would be tested with the revo 2.0. I just glad I waited. And imagine that, Traxxas releases a lip stick coat model that has issues. But it’s a new model, it takes a bit for the bugs to get worked out......not.

If we’re all this upset over it, we’re the only ones who can make a difference and show an RC company we don’t care for these types of attacks on companies we all have a stake in.

I really thought my pledge to not buy another new Traxxas would be tested with the revo 2.0. I just glad I waited. And imagine that, Traxxas releases a lip stick coat model that has issues. But it’s a new model, it takes a bit for the bugs to get worked out......not.

If we’re all this upset over it, we’re the only ones who can make a difference and show an RC company we don’t care for these types of attacks on companies we all have a stake in.

Have you seen that new Traxxas Desert Racer?
The thing is a beast!
Not a 1:10, more like an undersized 1:8.
It's top heavy, flips like a tortoise so easily!
Also, notorious for busting A-arms, apparently that's the weak spot.
I'm sure the good folks at RPM will re-engineer a superior replacement, it's what they're great at.
My Platinum on 2S blew the Desert Slug on 4S away!

Have you seen that new Traxxas Desert Racer?
The thing is a beast!
Not a 1:10, more like an undersized 1:8.
It's top heavy, flips like a tortoise so easily!
Also, notorious for busting A-arms, apparently that's the weak spot.
I'm sure the good folks at RPM will re-engineer a superior replacement, it's what they're great at.
My Platinum on 2S blew the Desert Slug on 4S away!
From my understanding the Losi Super Baja Rey is a much better rig.

I just sold my last nib Snap On X Maxx. I couldn’t handle having almost $4k just sitting there doing nothing. Besides I really do have a bad taste in my mouth from the lawsuit.

Even when Arrma comes out with an x Maxx killer (they are), I’m gonna stick to this eighth scale. It’s just so much easier for me to get around in my ‘chair.

Horizon buying Hobbico made a huge difference in my hobby. I hope to keep eliminating the rest of my fifth scale Traxxas stuff.

I now have a “like new” Fazon and Big Rock that I’m “collecting” instead, lol. They’re both back into their complete boxes and going in the Snap On X’s place, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back