Kraton Arrma/Horizon's Ikea Instructions- WTF?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrma tough baby! :p My 6s doesn't have much Arrma left on it to be honest.

That link doesn't work.

Yes it would be nice to know what the lengths of the tie rods and camber links are supposed to be, because when I bought mine none of them were even close to being right, pretty sure I had 10* of toe out on one side and 15-20* on the other in the front and my rear camber was all jacked up, hell even one of the camber links was installed backwards.
The lengths are easy. Go to Arrrma's site and bring up the exploded view of your model. Find the tie rods(turnbuckles) and click the part. A detailed cookie pops up with lengths and part number.
Screenshot_20210419-194512_Samsung Internet.jpg

The lengths are easy. Go to Arrrma's site and bring up the exploded view of your model. Find the tie rods(turnbuckles) and click the part. A detailed cookie pops up with lengths and part number.View attachment 140687
That is not what I meant by the lengths.

I meant this.
356ter88ed.jpg

I find the 6s manual to be adequate, way better than the 3s manual.

What i'm missing is indeed setup sheet. we should have a way to bring the car back to stock setting after playing with setups, it's wrong that the only way to do this is to eyeball the product photos from the site.

What i'm missing is indeed setup sheet. we should have a way to bring the car back to stock setting after playing with setups, it's wrong that the only way to do this is to eyeball the product photos from the site.
I just gave up trying to get it back to stock

This actually makes sense. Bringing it back to stock if your adjustments etc wind up FUBAR. I would guess there are too many factors coming into play that one (same model) truck wouldn't be the same as another. One would be assembly and another would be tires.

This actually makes sense. Bringing it back to stock if your adjustments etc wind up FUBAR. I would guess there are too many factors coming into play that one (same model) truck wouldn't be the same as another. One would be assembly and another would be tires.
Also once your frame or shock towers are bent a little bit with some aftermarket parts mixed in here and there I'm not sure any of it matters anyways. I just eyeball it with a bunch of extra toe out for drifting and it always works great.

You won't find a length for that other than turnbuckle length. The reason is quite obvious; that length changes with setups, tires, and hubs.
Tires won't have any effect on the suspension setup, hence the reason setup stations require you to remove them. The only thing tires will effect is the ride height.
002.jpg

s-l300.jpg

images (1).jpeg

Last edited:
The question is rather do you need a manual for everything? Does everything need to be explained to the last detail? Or should we use our brain and common sence. I like the manuals as they are and rest I come up myself or do inform myself. Measuring things and get a gripp of physics how things supposed to be and working. And yes Arrma cars are not made out of junk and they are a ton off fun.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm pretty dumb. I pick my nose and wipe it on my shirt. I live with my mom and dropped out of the 5th grade. The goats run to the opposite side of the barnyard when they spot me. All because I want to know Arrma's intentions for setup straight from the source.

Yeah, I'm pretty dumb. I pick my nose and wipe it on my shirt. I live with my mom and dropped out of the 5th grade. The goats run to the opposite side of the barnyard when they spot me. All because I want to know Arrma's intentions for setup straight from the source.
Chill out man. If you would have read correctly I do not exlude myself. But juddigng by yor reaction it seams I did hit a spot.

I honestly don't even think Arrma knows what the factory settings are supposed to be. My Outcast looked like it was put together by crazy eyes.
Crazy Eyes Meme GIF by MOODMAN

WTF is up with Arrma's instruction books? I come from buggies, where manufacturers want you to tune the vehicle to your terrain and driving style. Those instruction books are loaded with details about things like ride height, toe angles, camber settings, even balancing/weighting specs. They describe the changes and effects of using different spacers, holes, and fluids on the model. Arrma's Horizon-era instructions are written like Ikea instructions, with minimal use of language (and minimal useful information). I went digging for "stock" tie rod lengths, and found that the old Arrma Durango manuals had all this information there, like I would expect to find with an expensive, customizable car. Where did it go? Does Arrma think bashers are too stupid to make sense of additional information? Do bashers just want to cake earplugs into their diffs and call it good, making a good manual completely unnecessary? Am I expecting too much here? Someone has to know what is up with this.

c5fb2d75f80575eff114067e1d8f7afe.jpg
WTF is up with Arrma's instruction books? I come from buggies, where manufacturers want you to tune the vehicle to your terrain and driving style. Those instruction books are loaded with details about things like ride height, toe angles, camber settings, even balancing/weighting specs. They describe the changes and effects of using different spacers, holes, and fluids on the model. Arrma's Horizon-era instructions are written like Ikea instructions, with minimal use of language (and minimal useful information). I went digging for "stock" tie rod lengths, and found that the old Arrma Durango manuals had all this information there, like I would expect to find with an expensive, customizable car. Where did it go? Does Arrma think bashers are too stupid to make sense of additional information? Do bashers just want to cake earplugs into their diffs and call it good, making a good manual completely unnecessary? Am I expecting too much here? Someone has to know what is up with this.

c5fb2d75f80575eff114067e1d8f7afe.jpg
I completely agree with the Arrma instruction manual. Yes shows all parts and numbers, but does not have the list of #s and what they are in the manual meaning you have to search for them on the web as tok where they go. If I was to put a Arrma together from ground up, it's a lot of searching and videos. The Traxxas Manuals come for that specific vehicle and has dotted lines where the screws and parts go. If Horizon Hobby and Arrma would get it together and not try to save a few bucks, since they make a killing off us with the prices anyway, they could put a manual for that specific model we buy and make it easier on builds and repairs. IMO. I like to look at the model I have, find the part on the page i need and go to the pages tha TV have all the parts listed by name and #. First time Arrma owners will be confused like I was at first being use to shown what #, part name and dotted lines showing where it goes on all sides. One good thing I guess that Arrma has different rc,s in the manual, is I am building a typhon 6s v4 from scratch and of course buying it as a slider can look at the manual that came with my Kraton 6s. In the future I hope Arrma makes the manuals more user friendly and for the one rc or 2 that have the same setup just different body. Like the Outcast and the Notorious.

I completely agree with the Arrma instruction manual. Yes shows all parts and numbers, but does not have the list of #s and what they are in the manual meaning you have to search for them on the web as tok where they go. If I was to put a Arrma together from ground up, it's a lot of searching and videos. The Traxxas Manuals come for that specific vehicle and has dotted lines where the screws and parts go. If Horizon Hobby and Arrma would get it together and not try to save a few bucks, since they make a killing off us with the prices anyway, they could put a manual for that specific model we buy and make it easier on builds and repairs. IMO. I like to look at the model I have, find the part on the page i need and go to the pages tha TV have all the parts listed by name and #. First time Arrma owners will be confused like I was at first being use to shown what #, part name and dotted lines showing where it goes on all sides. One good thing I guess that Arrma has different rc,s in the manual, is I am building a typhon 6s v4 from scratch and of course buying it as a slider can look at the manual that came with my Kraton 6s. In the future I hope Arrma makes the manuals more user friendly and for the one rc or 2 that have the same setup just different body. Like the Outcast and the Notorious.
HPI has some of the best rtr manuals in my opinion, rather strange that Jason didn't go that route with the Arrma manuals considering he worked at HPI before founding Arrma.

Had the same thoughts about the Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0. Not even exploded views in the manual. And when you find pictures of the exploded view you have to size up to 300% in order to see part numbers and then go back to 100% to see where the part fits. Then you flip back and forth between normal size and magnifying. The exploded view is so bad for some parts you can barely see how the parts fit together.

Had the same thoughts about the Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0. Not even exploded views in the manual. And when you find pictures of the exploded view you have to size up to 300% in order to see part numbers and then go back to 100% to see where the part fits. Then you flip back and forth between normal size and magnifying. The exploded view is so bad for some parts you can barely see how the parts fit together.
A lot of the Horizon manuals are also full of errors, showing the wrong parts or even missing parts completely.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back