Arrma Infraction 3D printed Pro Stock drag wing (updated)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnetik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
UPDATED: Added rivets as suggested by other members here, added additional side wing designs, additional holes on deck, changed deck geometry slightly to match profile of side wings. (also updated rivets on deck to match wing rivets since pics were taken.)

Pro Stock Drag Wing V2
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4260803
P1011949.JPG
P1011947.JPG

P1011956.JPG
P1011954.JPG

P1012000.JPG

wings.jpg
decks.jpg

P1011941.JPG
P1011939.JPG

original (included in link for V2)
P1011876.JPG
P1011881.JPG
P1011882.JPG
P1011889.JPG
P1011891.JPG
P1011886.JPG

Last edited:
I sprayed mine and added scale chutes off the back. Took a cool pic, posted it on Infraction/ limitless owners site on FB. I have no idea how to post it here... sorry

I sprayed mine and added scale chutes off the back. Took a cool pic, posted it on Infraction/ limitless owners site on FB. I have no idea how to post it here... sorry

haha someone mentioned in a comment that they think I'm a member of a fb group they're on.. must have been you. I didn't know there was a limitless / infraction fb group.

I def would like to see a pic.. just hit the icon that looks like
Untitled.png
and drop it in.

sweet! Where'd you get the chute packs? Looks like the side wing logos came out better then mine. fwiw.. I have sketched up a hinged box that mounts below the wing. I put a housing inside to hold a chopped down AR15 buffer spring. All I need now is to get a rocket chute and design the guides for the servo wires.

That sounds wicked ? keep us updated!I'm happy with the way it came out. Just have to be in a wide open spot to make sure it doesn't get smacked around
Got the chutes off eBay. I searched 1/8scale parachute and found these after scrolling for a bit. Drilled the back and used a simple L bracket to mount.

That sounds wicked ? keep us updated!I'm happy with the way it came out. Just have to be in a wide open spot to make sure it doesn't get smacked around
Got the chutes off eBay. I searched 1/8scale parachute and found these after scrolling for a bit. Drilled the back and used a simple L bracket to mount.

hmmm.. makes me wonder if I should draw up some scale chutes to include with the model. Don't think it'd be too difficult.

It fell out of my hand and shattered into 3 pieces. Literally a 3ft drop into the floor.. I knew it wouldn't hold up to bashing or speed runs, but this is saddening and a waste of money.

it's strange on how it cracked for a 3d print.. Maybe they used low infill? Do you know what the print settings were? I just checked one I printed and it def wouldn't break like that. Hit me a pm w/ your address.. I'll send you one I made once I print another if you can cover shipping.
The riveting looks perfect nice work.

I actually went and replaced the rivets in the pic with the ones I attempted on the side wings.. they turned out better after printing it out.

I don't know the process the guy used, no. He's on this post I believe. He's the one I paid!!? I am not familiar with 3d printing as I've said before. This leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth to be honest. I really appreciate your input but right now I'm not spending another dime on 3d ANYTHING. I was very excited about the piece too.. I am not going to go on some tirade, it is what it is.

Unfortunate for your first exp but understandable. Fwiw members here are printing functional parts with a lot more stresses.. Like suspension parts.
The wing shouldn't see any substantial stress so I wouldnt be so quick to indict 3d printing as a whole. I'd prob give the guy a chance to make it right of it were me but its your call. Its literally a flat piece of plastic so not exactly sure how it could crack way it did. It almost seems like a not completely cured resin 3d print the way it broke but can't tell without closeups

It was sticky when I got it and it never took paint. It took several days for the paint to dry and still came off when it was touched. The pieces in the photo were just the large ones. There were a few more smaller pieces as well. I mean, it just shattered like glass..I was actually shocked.
As far as pursuing this event any longer I'm going to put it in the rear view. I have more pressing issues in life at this moment. I'll give it another shot some other time ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back