Arrma Infraction 3D printed side skirts V3 (updated with XL rock deflector)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just need the files so I can start searching for someone who can print that size and get a quote. ?

I am also building a top plate that bolts all the way across over both deflectors.. It'll triangulate the skirts with the chassis. I mainly made it to prevent sag for those that insist on using PLA. If it sags in the back, you're dragging pla.. dragging in the front might send it pole vaulting. lol It won't be long.. it's just a long process to print and then make adjustments.

topbrace.jpg

I am also building a top plate that bolts all the way across over both deflectors.. It'll triangulate the skirts with the chassis. I mainly made it to prevent sag for those that insist on using PLA. If it sags in the back, you're dragging pla.. dragging in the front might send it pole vaulting. lol It won't be long.. it's just a long process to print and then make adjustments.

View attachment 79178
Since you recommended printing those in PETG, that's what I'm going to try to get them printed in. Especially with summer right around the corner.

Since you recommended printing those in PETG, that's what I'm going to try to get them printed in. Especially with summer right around the corner.

PETG isn't impervious to heat fwiw.. if you left it in a hot car it can also warp.. just not as bad as PLA. PLA will warp on a cool day in the sun.

I ran some more tests and made some slight changes. will update as soon as I get the test print mounted and update the models if no other changes needed. I'll update all the versions eventually.

1. thickened deck to 2.5mm
2. added ribs to prevent breakage at layer lines (I bent a test print to the point of breaking. It broke right after the bracing)
3. notched out corner of deflector to avoid inner body fender flares
4. removed one brace to clear out room for body when installed.
5. opened up servo cutout by a few mm.
6. thickened existing braces by .5mm
7. adjusted screw holes a bit.. was off by .25mm on a couple of them.

NOTE: the ribs makes it not compatible with the top plate but will redesign when finalized.

TEST.png

Last edited:
I ran some more tests and made some slight changes. will update as soon as I get the test print mounted and update the models if no other changes needed. I'll update all the versions eventually.

1. thickened deck to 2.5mm
2. added ribs to prevent breakage at layer lines (I bent a test print to the point of braking. It broke right after the bracing)
3. notched out corner of deflector to avoid inner body fender flares
4. removed one brace to clear out room for body when installed.
5. opened up servo cutout by a few mm.
6. thickened existing braces by .5mm
7. adjusted screw holes a bit.. was off by .25mm on a couple of them.

NOTE: the ribs makes it not compatible with the top plate but will redesign when finalized.

View attachment 79833
Are you going to be taking orders? In need of those side bars. This thing is a gravel vacuum. Only other source I've seen is StupidRC out of Brazil.

Are you going to be taking orders? In need of those side bars. This thing is a gravel vacuum. Only other source I've seen is StupidRC out of Brazil.

I hadn't planned on it considering I didn't have any PETG (and they take about 14hrs per for XL version on high quality and heavy infill) but possibly once I'm happy with the fitment now that I have some.

Which side bars? the flat skirts? fwiw those don't keep much rocks out.. but I think does help with turbulence between wheels for speed runners. This was the reason I started to upgrade them since burnouts kicks rocks up above the skirts pretty easily.. which is usually not a problem since they shoot out the rear of the skirts. With the PPS mount everything near the diff is wide open and mainly want to prevent rocks from getting into gearing.

The only options so far to attempt to keep rocks out that I know of is the one PureDeath is working on posted a couple days ago and mine.

I also have some front skirts posted on thingiverse that could help some too with rocks if you know someone with a 3d printer.

Last edited:
Since the skirts (side flat part) aren't load bearing (from what I see) you might get away with petg at 10/15% infill. Might cut some time down. Or make the flat sides sectional. Just trying to help.

Since the skirts (side flat part) aren't load bearing (from what I see) you might get away with petg at 10/15% infill. Might cut some time down. Or make the flat sides sectional. Just trying to help.

thanks for the feedback!

I mainly use heavy infill for deflector portion to prevent breakage. I may just thicken it up by .5 but it seems pretty sturdy even without the bracing. I did notice the holes in the braces gets wacked with 20 per infill when printing my test pieces without supports.

I did plan on updating the flat skirts to be compatible with the bolt on deflectors and with PureDeaths version when I get a chance tho.

I find 4 solid layers on top and bottom, 4 perimeters (0.4 external perimeter width for 0.4 nozzle), 35% infill overlap can sustain 10/15% infill with plenty of strength even on 3mm thick section. Granted the design plays into it too.

I find 4 solid layers on top and bottom, 4 perimeters (0.4 external perimeter width for 0.4 nozzle), 35% infill overlap can sustain 10/15% infill with plenty of strength even on 3mm thick section. Granted the design plays into it too.

heh I think those are my exact settings when I print @ .2mm. I'll try the other side with those settings and compare.

I print everything @0.2 unless I want more detail or drafting. Draft prints are 0.4 (to cut time) and detail is 0.1 and slower speeds (forever).

more updates ... went ahead and started making the bolt on version compatible with PureDeaths modified version. You can choose the firewall approach or closed off wheel wells with the same skirts... and makes them replaceable. I think.. at least that's the idea. lol

xlbolton.jpg

Last edited:
I planned on uploading the updated models to thingiverse but the site thingiversed me. Can't login. I got some of the models updated outside of the XL's which I was in the middle of. Once it's up I'll update. The XL bolt on versions have also been updated to be compatible with PureDeaths version of the skirts posted here.

P1012012.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back