Arrma Infraction 3D printed side skirts V3 (updated with XL rock deflector)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnetik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Print in something heat resistant
No supports are needed except at bottom edge of deflector

THIS IS A WIP. so any feedback is appreciated.

V1 = Flat skirts
V2 = Skirts w/ deflector
V3 = Skirts w/ XL deflector

UPDATE: added bolt on XL rock deflectors
UPDATE: modified all skirts to fit better. Added more deck designs.

NOTE: All models have been updated on thinkinaboutworkingverse.

Skirt w/ XL rock deflector
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4345054
P1012013.JPG
P1012016.JPG
P1012014.JPG

P1012015.JPG

note: top deflector is no longer compatible so I'll have to redesign.

Added by request. These allow you to add XL deflectors to aluminum skirts or PureDeaths modified v2 skirts.
xlbolton.jpg

Skirt w/ rock deflector (UPDATE: this model has been updated to heavier bracing and modifications (like the XL version) then whats in the pics)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4307910

P1011920.JPG
P1011918.JPG
P1011919.JPG

Original w/out deflector
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4209523 This model has also been updated since pics were taken. See thingiverse notes.

20200317_115202.jpg
20200317_201246.jpg
20200309_135010.jpg

Last edited:
What size print bed is required? What filament did you choose? Infill?

These were printed on my CR10 (300mm x 300mm) and used PETG to prevent warping at high temps. Layer height was .2mm on a .6mm nozzle.
Those red fan intakes look sick..!!! you got any more pictures of them..??

Your next project... https://customrcupgrades.com/product/arrma-limitless-infraction-front-under-steering-tray-set/ ....??

Yah.. give me a bit.. will post the link to them on thingiverse.

edit: LOL I already have them designed up.

Next on the shopping list?

I want one too but none on my list because I have no idea how to make a choice. No idea what budget to consider. I would want it for RC stuff mostly and not sure if there's a better choice or if there are printers that are best for certain types of work.

edit: those fan ducts would be something I would love to own a printer for. lol

Those look great as well as the fan shrouds. Will you be making them to sell?

Wasn't planning on it which is why I threw them up on thingiverse. The fan shrouds I found on thingiverse so def a no on that one.. but I don't mind if someone wanted to print the side skirts off for a small fee for those that don't have a printer.

Last edited:
@r4nd0m
These fan intakes..?? see pic above, the red fan intakes..
How much would they cost me..??

Not a fortune mate let me check tomorrow I’d guess a fiver and postage or so

just had a look - could do it for a fiver but only got black, white or blue filament at the moment so red wouldn't be possible - if it has to be red and you supply the filament I'll print it for shipping only and keep the remaining filament :ROFLMAO:

I want one too but none on my list because I have no idea how to make a choice. No idea what budget to consider. I would want it for RC stuff mostly and not sure if there's a better choice or if there are printers that are best for certain types of work.

edit: those fan ducts would be something I would love to own a printer for. lol

I wouldn't think too much into it. The primary thing is how big a printer you need. This guy does all his stuff on a CR10 and has some good tutorials. It's not RC related but does some pretty elaborate stuff on the run of the mill CR10. The red filament I used is his design. Zyltech Hot Rod Red Silk Composite fwiw.

The CR10 is pretty big and can do most parts size wise, easily upgradeable, and has a ton of support. If your doing larger prints the S4 and S5 are available. (400x400 and 500x500) However the included heating elements are usually too small for the bed. If you go with those.. I'd replace the heating element to a better one. I'd also add autobed leveler if they don't have them. The ABL's create a mesh of the bed before every print and micro autoadjusts based on this mesh during printing. It will compensate for minor bed issues. I ended up ditching my adjustment knobs also. So it's basically.. heat up, then print once I got everything dialed in. As far as material for RC... I would think anything temp and impact rated would be best. I use PETG since it's easy and not much different then printing PLA. You still have options of ABS and Nylon etc.. but there are other things to deal with if you plan on those. (need enclosure, new hotend, etc)

Here is a print I did recently to show size.. full sized Mando helmet
20191229_092612[1].jpg

20200102_191259[1].jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't think too much into it. The primary thing is how big a printer you need. This guy does all his stuff on a CR10 and has some good tutorials. It's not RC related but does some pretty elaborate stuff on the run of the mill CR10. The red filament I used is his design. Zyltech Hot Rod Red Silk Composite fwiw.

The CR10 is pretty big and can do most parts size wise, easily upgradeable, and has a ton of support. If your doing larger prints the S4 and S5 are available. (400x400 and 500x500) However the included heating elements are usually too small for the bed. If you go with those.. I'd replace the heating element to a better one. I'd also add autobed leveler if they don't have them. The ABL's create a mesh of the bed before every print and micro autoadjusts based on this mesh during printing. It will compensate for minor bed issues. I ended up ditching my adjustment knobs also. So it's basically.. heat up, then print once I got everything dialed in. As far as material for RC... I would think anything temp and impact rated would be best. I use PETG since it's easy and not much different then printing PLA. You still have options of ABS and Nylon etc.. but there are other things to deal with if you plan on those. (need enclosure, new hotend, etc)

Here is a print I did recently to show size.. full sized Mando helmet
View attachment 69173

View attachment 69174

I did some research yesterday when this came up and put first the Ender 5 and then the CR 10 into a wishlist for future research. If I can stay around $500 including necessary mods I'll be good to go. Still haven't done enough reading to understand the material differences or software learning curve, etc. I'm motivated though and plan to watch some more tutorials and study more soon.

I did some research yesterday when this came up and put first the Ender 5 and then the CR 10 into a wishlist for future research. If I can stay around $500 including necessary mods I'll be good to go. Still haven't done enough reading to understand the material differences or software learning curve, etc. I'm motivated though and plan to watch some more tutorials and study more soon.

ender 3 for the win! fraction of the cost of your rc rigs... ($170-$240)

great print quality with proper slicer settings (as with any printer, the slicer settings are what gives you quality)

decent build volume

small footprint (smaller than most laptops)

mesh leveling is a luxury, its not needed.. i find it's more important to do things manually to learn what the machine wants and how to manipulate it into functioning properly.. (i feel you learn more in the end).. ive had several 3d printers for years, ive done pretty much everything from rapid prototyping for a couple us patents, to simple flat butterflies for my daughter on sub $200 dollar printers all the way up to $800 printers.. the end results can be the same..

start with pla, its the easiest printing material, and things like fan shrouds will hold up fine in that material..

the only thing a ender 3 needs to be a great printer is capricorn ptfe liner.. its the perfect machine to get your feet wet in 3d printing for very little money... you can spend 800 on a mk3 prusa or 170 on an ender 3 and get the same print qualities.. the extra money gets you bells and whistles, nothing more... (my opinion of course)

geain of salt...??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back