Arrma Infraction 3D printed side skirts V3 (updated with XL rock deflector)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The model has been updated to include the deflector. Hopefully it will keep a majority of rocks from making it's way above the skirts.
Nice! I was about to update my Typhon 3S side skirts and was thinking about needing something like this in my design as well. I was also considering the rear wheel well too. Do you think any rocks get kicked forward off the top of the rear tires?

Nice! I was about to update my Typhon 3S side skirts and was thinking about needing something like this in my design as well. I was also considering the rear wheel well too. Do you think any rocks get kicked forward off the top of the rear tires?

They probably would kick up rocks in reverse. I thought about it real hard and figured that having a way for rocks to exit if they do get above the skirts would be ideal. Otherwise it'll be a pocket to collect rocks since the body lock prevents rocks from exiting the sides. I may have some room left on the bed to add them to the rear just to test out the theory tho.

They probably would kick up rocks in reverse. I thought about it real hard and figured that having a way for rocks to exit if they do get above the skirts would be ideal. Otherwise it'll be a pocket to collect rocks since the body lock prevents rocks from exiting the sides. I may have some room left on the bed to add them to the rear just to test out the theory tho.
Great input. I am going to make place holders for my GPS, cap pack, and maybe the ESC and Tx to make space for a bigger can. Haven’t decided 100% yet. It’s risky moving all that outside of the stock chassis.

Great input. I am going to make place holders for my GPS, cap pack, and maybe the ESC and Tx to make space for a bigger can. Haven’t decided 100% yet. It’s risky moving all that outside of the stock chassis.

true I thought about putting things on the skirt (since there is so much room out there now heh) but thought the shear strength on the layers would be weak when hitting something hard. I went through the same thing on the picatinny roof rails. They sheared right off. lol I ended up making the model so I could sandwich the rails with nuts and screws.

true I thought about putting things on the skirt (since there is so much room out there now heh) but thought the shear strength on the layers would be weak when hitting something hard. I went through the same thing on the picatinny roof rails. They sheared right off. lol I ended up making the model so I could sandwich the rails with nuts and screws.
Yeah bodies don’t hold much. They have to be sandwiched pretty thickly. I learned that the hard way too.

I would like to pay someone to print a couple of those fan shrouds on the first page here if anyone is interested thanks guys.

prototyping the next revision and it's going to require CR10 sized build volume. It "barely" fit on my build plate.

P1011960.JPG
P1011961.JPG
P1011962.JPG

If anyone wants to test the print out and let me know. Also, I'd print it in something heat resistant.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4307910
View attachment 76975
View attachment 76781

w/out deflector
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4209523

View attachment 70427
prototyping the next revision and it's going to require CR10 sized build volume. It "barely" fit on my build plate.

View attachment 78639
I want to try out your side skirts. Anyway you could make files with each side skirt into 2 locking pieces so they could be printed on a smaller sized 3D Printer. Everybody I know doesn't have a 3D Printer that can Handle that size. Or if you could print them and ship them I could pay you.

Can i get a link to those attachments on your fans. Ive got the fans on the way now and i want those attachments. If
These were printed on my CR10 (300mm x 300mm) and used PETG to prevent warping at high temps. Layer height was .2mm on a .6mm nozzle.

Yah.. give me a bit.. will post the link to them on thingiverse.

edit: LOL I already have them designed up.

Did you end up posting the link to those intakes? I have the fans on the way and want those intakes 100%.

Can i get a link to those attachments on your fans. Ive got the fans on the way now and i want those attachments. If

Did you end up posting the link to those intakes? I have the fans on the way and want those intakes 100%.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2180550
I want to try out your side skirts. Anyway you could make files with each side skirt into 2 locking pieces so they could be printed on a smaller sized 3D Printer. Everybody I know doesn't have a 3D Printer that can Handle that size. Or if you could print them and ship them I could pay you.

let me see what I can do once I finish this one. Still learning this stuff myself. I did post the step files for anyone wanting to modify them.

I printed in PLA and it'll prob end up warping in really hot weather. I will eventually print them in PETG once I decide which ones I want to use... and also need to get some more PETG

Last edited:
yeah I thought they first ones looked pretty wimpy so had to beef them up a little. hehe
Mine aren’t anywhere as cool. Got a lot of respect for the process. Yours look awesome. ✌?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back