Infraction Arrma infraction 6s v2 won't drive straight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayrc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just took my infraction out for its first run, was on nice flat ground and i noticed when i come off throttle the car starts to dive side to side on its own accord then spins out of control .i have no idea why it would be doing this. Any help gratefully appreciated 🙏

A short video would help but a quick answer is start tearing it down and looking for a bad wheel bearing or something else binding in the driveline.

A short video would help but a quick answer is start tearing it down and looking for a bad wheel bearing or something else binding in the driveline.
Can't do a video at this moment unfortunately, i noticed i had my avc turned all the way up to max. Would this of caused this problem? I've had a quick look at the drive train it all seems to be ok

The "side to side" thing reminds me of my xmaxx and its gyro, it'll definitely do that. I've never had the issue with the infraction tho.
I'm reading the avc setup , it seems mine isn't set up at all correctly.
The "side to side" thing reminds me of my xmaxx and its gyro, it'll definitely do that. I've never had the issue with the infraction tho.
I'm going to have to go through this avc set up and see what's up. The oscillating problem i described is in this section, i can cure it by going through this section. Was kinda hoping it would be ok to just ripp it out the box

I'm reading the avc setup , it seems mine isn't set up at all correctly.

I'm going to have to go through this avc set up and see what's up. The oscillating problem i described is in this section, i can cure it by going through this section. Was kinda hoping it would be ok to just ripp it out the box
You could always just turn the avc off.

had my avc turned all the way up to max. Would this of caused this problem?
Bingo!! You need to fine tune that or turn it off. I personally don’t care for it but some really like it. 👍

As mentioned above, turn down the AVC and see if that solves it. Also make sure your handbrake servo is moving properly and not inadvertently engaging the handbrake
I have just checked that, seems to be ok and not hindering normal movement 👍
Bingo!! You need to fine tune that or turn it off. I personally don’t care for it but some really like it. 👍
I cant test it till tomorrow now. Not thinking its anything mechanical its brand new, I'll try again tomorrow fingers crossed it was just that
I will post results either way. May help someone else in the future...

I love AVC but only with the DX5C radio. Yes if set wrong it will wobble side to side so tune it or turn off.

If you can ever get it tuned right, it's wonderful tech if not tuned then you will hate it I think it better with a radio that can modify all 3 AVC settings. Some like it and many don't.

Good luck

Last edited:
Ok guys, been out just now, turned the avc thing off and it's driving nice and straight. If anyone else has this happen to them, turn down avc and you'll be fine. Going to try and fine tune it at some point but for now I'm just glad it's going straight 😂👍 thank you to you all for your help and advice , your a great bunch thank you

Glad to hear it's working. One other point regarding AVC - were you letting the car sit flat, level and motionless for the time needed (5 seconds) to allow AVC to calibrate when you started up?

1659269989067.png

Glad to hear it's working. One other point regarding AVC - were you letting the car sit flat, level and motionless for the time needed (5 seconds) to allow AVC to calibrate when you started

Glad to hear it's working. One other point regarding AVC - were you letting the car sit flat, level and motionless for the time needed (5 seconds) to allow AVC to calibrate when you started up?

View attachment 233100
Yes i did do that , maybe didn't wait a full 5 seconds i may of not waited long enough as well 😅

How come everyone skips the avc calibration, which is required before dialing it in, then they decide they don't like it or it doesn't work properly.. too bad because lots of you guys are missing out huh @parcou 🤯

How come everyone skips the avc calibration, which is required before dialing it in, then they decide they don't like it or it doesn't work properly.. too bad because lots of you guys are missing out huh @parcou 🤯

Its actually rather good.
Like when this came out on real cars years ago and everyone hated it but most supercars today cant be driven well without it. ABS too.

When im tuning camber and toe ride I do so without AVC on. Get it as straignt as I can at all different speeds, then turn AVC on and adjust. It Improves Straight line tracking, especially over long distances.

Th FlySky does it well. The Dumbo not as much but they give you an easy to grab big dial you can turn up or down on the fly.

(y) ....

Is the receiver secure in the box and mounted in the correct orientation? If it's loose it will cause problems if the gyro isn't pointed in the right direction or plane.

Turning it all the way up is what I call "drift mode", get it up to 45mph and send it sideways across a parking lot. AVC is brilliant in that aspect.

Ok guys, been out just now, turned the avc thing off and it's driving nice and straight. If anyone else has this happen to them, turn down avc and you'll be fine. Going to try and fine tune it at some point but for now I'm just glad it's going straight 😂👍 thank you to you all for your help and advice , your a great bunch thank you
Sorry but what is AVC 😅 what is that mean ?
I love AVC but only with the DX5C radio. Yes if set wrong it will wobble side to side so tune it or turn off.

If you can ever get it tuned right, it's wonderful tech if not tuned then you will hate it I think it better with a radio that can modify all 3 AVC settings. Some like it and many don't.

Good luck
Sorry but what is AVC 😅 what is that mean ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back