Infraction Arrma Infraction cutting motor power?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakrman44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Outcast 6s
Hey everyone! First post here!

So Ive had the infraction for a month, topped it out at 64 on stock 6s, love the car. The last few runs ive had, i can bash for around 10 minutes, and then the motor just cuts power, steering servo still works, i noticed the fan on the esc wasnt engaging so i realized the wires werent making good connection, so i got another one, put it in and the car does the same thing.

The batteries voltage still are around 4.0 volts in the cells so im far from the lipo safe cut off.

haven't reached out to Horizon yet, but im afraid im going to have to. Just wanted to see what other ideas you guys might have?

Thanks a lot and happy bashing :)

Sounds like thermal. What's the temperature of the ESC when it cuts out?

Last edited:
Are you getting any flashing lights on the ESC?
Even if you aren't seeing lights, what does it do if you turn it off then back on after a couple seconds? Can you then drive it again for a few minutes before it cuts out again?

The BLX185 in my outcast doesn't blink or anything when it thermals. It just stops the motor and I can still steer. I usually shut it off then turn it back on again and wait a few minutes with the fan running to cool it. Doesn't happen much now as I found gearing that works for me.

Thermal. I get maybe 6 mins on 15 tooth with 2 8.4v fans going like hornets. 14 tooth I go to lvc. I'm also in Az? Anything lower than 14t I may just go back to hot wheels....

Agree, my Kraton just started doing this. I was getting five rapid red lights which was capacitor temp exceeded. Let it cool down and it drives fine. I know I’m slightly over-geared though. The esc lights typically point you in the right direction as to what’s going on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back