Infraction Arrma Infraction Fishtailing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasey

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I just got into rc cars about a month ago, and i decided to get the infraction last week. well i’ve only taken it out 5 times and it started fishtailing pretty bad. i think it might be because the tires are worn out/ i think one of my tires is warped. i’m also worried i broke something because it started fishtailing after i wrecked it into a parking curb. I couldn’t find anything broken or bent in the wheel bays though. now there is a decent chunk taken out of the side skirt, but i don’t think that would make the car fishtail. anyways just wondering if someone could help and give me some advice.

Hello!

I just got into rc cars about a month ago, and i decided to get the infraction last week. well i’ve only taken it out 5 times and it started fishtailing pretty bad. i think it might be because the tires are worn out/ i think one of my tires is warped. i’m also worried i broke something because it started fishtailing after i wrecked it into a parking curb. I couldn’t find anything broken or bent in the wheel bays though. now there is a decent chunk taken out of the side skirt, but i don’t think that would make the car fishtail. anyways just wondering if someone could help and give me some advice.
It's probably cause of the AVC gyro. A lot of stabilization systems do that. Try turning down the steering gain a little bit.

Agreed, pictures would help.
Take a a view down of your rear end and whatever else you think.
I have never not broken or bend stuff when I smacked the rear end, just a matter of finding it.

What you can do to check your rear diff, make sure all 3 wheels are immobilized and turn the one free wheel, the motor should turn over when you do that. Do it for all 4 wheels but obviously for the 2 rear. There shouldn't be any grinding and both sides should react normal and equal.

WhichSentimentalAmericancrow-max-1mb.gif

Probably the avc turned up to high.

Sorry for the lack of photos everyone. here’s some photos i took hopefully they can help in some way.

1FC7202E-BC3F-46EA-B266-8E60BF504D06.jpeg

3AB06907-75D6-48E9-8BAC-C1F6D6B32588.jpeg

19C0B5FE-AB68-4F1E-830A-B20DDE571AB5.jpeg

2EC122B3-7D5D-473F-A2E0-84D9D0BEE0CB.jpeg

0E322F0C-AD73-45F3-8F91-CB2779FEE4C0.jpeg

Agreed, pictures would help.
Take a a view down of your rear end and whatever else you think.
I have never not broken or bend stuff when I smacked the rear end, just a matter of finding it.

What you can do to check your rear diff, make sure all 3 wheels are immobilized and turn the one free wheel, the motor should turn over when you do that. Do it for all 4 wheels but obviously for the 2 rear. There shouldn't be any grinding and both sides should react normal and equal.
i just checked the rear diff and did what you said. every time i turned one of the free wheels it made a clicking sound and the motor was spinning.

Hello!

Do not have a lot to go on here....AVC I agree turn it down...test to find the sweet spot.

If you crashed, you could have something there not seen...pic would help. Sit the RC on a flat table look at the alignment toe and camber. Do they look right. Look at the tires how they sit on the table and hand roll it. Are all 4 tires flat to the surface? etc..etc you could have bent something, maybe?

i don’t think it’s my tires they’re pretty beat up but i feel like i can get a little more out of them before i purchase new ones.
Do not have a lot to go on here....AVC I agree turn it down...test to find the sweet spot.

If you crashed, you could have something there not seen...pic would help. Sit the RC on a flat table look at the alignment toe and camber. Do they look right. Look at the tires how they sit on the table and hand roll it. Are all 4 tires flat to the surface? etc..etc you could have bent something, maybe?
i just posted some photos if you would like to have a look. i’ll do what you said and post some of it on a flatter surface.

Nothing obvious in the pictures. Your tires are still good. When the belt becomes visible it's time to change, assuming you are bashing.
Are you truly fishtailing or is your steering going wonky?

Steering is 'steering AVC', dial it down.
Dial up the throttle AVC a little, you might just be heavy on the throttle.
When I used AVC both were roughly at the 20% mark but I have never seen fishtailing.

i think y’all a right about it being something with the avc. it just weirded me out because it would start fishtailing when i was getting it up to speed then i would get off the throttle and the car would bring its self back under control. but after about five minutes of it doing that it stopped then started while i decelerating. so i’m just confused i guess haha sorry if nothing i’m saying is making sense.
it’s also been raining so i haven’t been able to do really any testing yet and it all started happening when the battery was low.

AVC gets into a feedback loop when the gains are too high. It does its job nicely when dialed back until there's no feedback. When it is set up right, you won't know it's there, except your car will be point-and-shoot.

i think y’all a right about it being something with the avc. it just weirded me out because it would start fishtailing when i was getting it up to speed then i would get off the throttle and the car would bring its self back under control. but after about five minutes of it doing that it stopped then started while i decelerating. so i’m just confused i guess haha sorry if nothing i’m saying is making sense.
it’s also been raining so i haven’t been able to do really any testing yet and it all started happening when the battery was low.

While you are waiting for better weather, you can do a new recalibration just to be clean, clear, and dialed on the AVC...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back