Arrma Infraction printed side skirts and wheel wells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PureDeath

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Talion
Built off Magnetik's V2 sideskirt and rock deflectors. The arches are separate from the side skirts and enclose the wheels more, keeping about 95% of the gravel out of the chassis.
Update 5/13:
Split sideskirt is up, also templates to convert existing metal/carbon fiber skirts.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4353388

Infraction side skirts.jpg
Arrma Infraction Side skirts and rock deflector v3.PNG

Last edited:
what's your hole dimensions on the sketch for the attachments? I ended up making the bolt on versions last night. I wonder if we should match them up. It could allow people to flip them out between models. great idea on the removable skirts btw.

oh.. and welcome to Arrma Forum!

what's your hole dimensions on the sketch for the attachments? I ended up making the bolt on versions last night. I wonder if we should match them up. It could allow people to flip them out between models. great idea on the removable skirts btw.
Ill send you the step file for the side skirt so you can pull the location and spacing

I have been thinking on a design where the inner fender vents out to the side so that it improves aerodynamics also...
Should be doable with a little body trimming.

View attachment 79672
Interesting idea, I don't personally care for that look and would probably look really weird on an infraction with the sort of over sized wheels it has. It would probably end up needing to be completely made from lexan and attached to the body with just a brace on the chassis, as there is still a small gap between the printed arches and the body. I don't really intend to cut a body up any time soon to try it my self.

That split sideskirt would be very helpful for those with smaller beds.
I did a test print for it and it seems to be rigid enough, I have a little lip so that if front half of the skirt flexes up it brings the rear section with it. That should help keep the rocks out, turns out I can just get my large printer to print the side skirts out of abs so I'm not sure how in depth ill test the split skirts. Sort of sucks that each major revision takes most of a set of tires to really test, makes it difficult to investigate designs that I don't personally need.

Isn't this done for brake venting?
You are correct, one of the main benefits is brake venting. It also helps pull air out from under the car improving aerodynamics and downforce. At one point I wanted to build a highly competitive time attack car, but then people started showing up with multi-million dollar builds :cry:

If you have never seen a time attack car they are absolutely insane 1000+ hp, no limits track builds, and focused on extreme downforce:

1589376516436.png

A split side skirt is up so you can print on a smaller printer, also templates so you can add them to existing skirts. Continuing to refine the rear well, in a day or 3 I'll start overhauling the front arch. At some point I'd like to get a hold of a clear corvette body and design skirts and wheel wells but at this point I can't find/afford one.

Seems like there isnt any left side skirts and wheel wells, I'm I missing something when I look at the 3D mockups? Seems like the one that's split in half is only for the right side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back