Infraction Arrma Infraction V1 Or V2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr9Mojave

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
HAVE CHANGED THE TITLE-
Arrma Infraction V1 Or V2?
To Hand Brake Or Not To Hand Brake?

Hola amigos, i discovered a brand new Arrma Infraction for sale on a local classifieds here and wanted to get confirmation from you all to see if it's a V1 or a V2 model.

Personally i would want the V2, and after looking at the photos i can't seem to see the handbrake feature that is in the V2, and the wires from the esc look like old Deans connectors.

V1 or V2 you think gentlemen?

eda27494-8160-45b9-844b-fda27a2612dc.jpg

16cd2e25-611d-470c-bb2f-6dc85935ffbb.jpg

2d3454b4-7246-4d43-beb4-5d02fd019529.jpg

Last edited:
V1, no hand brake and a blx system. It looks good btw.

I think that’s a TRX connector, not a deans. They never came with this setup, weird. Maybe the owner was a Traxxas guy and wanted to share batteries? You can just solder on a new pair of battery leads.

I think that’s a TRX connector, not a deans. They never came with this setup, weird. Maybe the owner was a Traxxas guy and wanted to share batteries? You can just solder on a new pair of battery leads.
Ah thanks for letting me know, it's supposed to be brand new so will get more details from the seller soon.

I wonder how many Infraction V2 drivers actually use the hand brake?
I thought to myself yeah you will want the hand brake..but then i realised i would hardly use it..or would i?:unsure:

LATE EDIT- I suppose i should ask the question, is the hand brake worth the V2?

Or is the hand brake over rated seeing as to how tail happy the Infraction is?

Last edited:
Ah thanks for letting me know, it's supposed to be brand new so will get more details from the seller soon.

I wonder how many Infraction V2 drivers actually use the hand brake?
I thought to myself yeah you will want the hand brake..but then i realised i would hardly use it..or would i?:unsure:

It seems that many here (most?) end up removing the handbrake on the V2, so I wouldn’t sweat not having it.
And not trying to say you got a raw deal, but I’d check that truck pretty carefully. If listed as “brand new” it might more accurately be a “new build” from leftover parts. I don’t have an Infraction, so my scrutiny would be mostly worthless, hopefully others can take a look at your pictures. But they certainly never had Traxxas connectors on them and (I might be wrong) the ESC doesn’t look quite right but I can’t see the markings on it.
Again, not saying the truck might not be totally fine but it warrants a good going over.

Yeah, looks the same to me! He must have just wanted to share Traxxas batteries from his other rigs. I’ll probably get me one at some point, those 1/7’s have so much chassis real estate to play with. Envious!

Yeah, looks the same to me! He must have just wanted to share Traxxas batteries from his other rigs. I’ll probably get me one at some point, those 1/7’s have so much chassis real estate to play with. Envious!
Awesome so that's confirmed thanks Dan.;).

They have lot's a real estate that's for sure.
But yeah that battery cable is horrible, wish i knew what the large cable ring is for..just weird.:unsure:

FWIW, overrated. The Infraction is a wonderful build, and if you get comfortable with it, you can power side and drift to a stop. The length of the rig makes it easy to swing it around, or just side-drift slide it.

I do not like the idea of how it works to lock up that amount of power and what it can do with the diffs/tires while engaged. My style is full-throttle drift bashing and depleting a battery in 7-9min with tires gone.

Not for all. I prefer to up the ESC to 100% brakes. I only slam full brakes when a car crosses me or I'm heading in a dangerous direction....otherwise, I coast to a stop or tap on the brakes as it comes to me. I do not goose the brakes, but I like this manner better to stop it when I need it to stop. Had the Infraction since 2020 and still doing fine on 100% brakes.

I have a v1, and if it were a v2 the handbrake would be gone. I got a Fireteam and removed the handbrake before ever running it. Overrated.

FWIW, overrated. The Infraction is a wonderful build
I have a v1, and if it were a v2 the handbrake would be gone. I got a Fireteam and removed the handbrake before ever running it. Overrated.
Perfect just the answer i was looking for thanks Parcou.;):)

I think that’s a TRX connector, not a deans.
Spot on!

I received a message from the owner..try not to laugh-
The cables are from traxxas and better for using the Traxxas battery Not having aftermarket battery by the owners experience as they explode he had that professional changed for the safety reason.

So after i read that it seems as though someone has posted the advertisement for someone else.
Made me wonder as to why someone would buy a brand new Infraction..solder on a cable mean't for a traxxas and their batteries..and then decide not to drive it but then go on to sell it?

Good excuse to get the price down a little more?

Basically..or rather technically it's no longer a brand new original v1 Infraction?

Spot on!

I received a message from the owner..try not to laugh-
The cables are from traxxas and better for using the Traxxas battery Not having aftermarket battery by the owners experience as they explode he had that professional changed for the safety reason.

So after i read that it seems as though someone has posted the advertisement for someone else.
Made me wonder as to why someone would buy a brand new Infraction..solder on a cable mean't for a traxxas and their batteries..and then decide not to drive it but then go on to sell it?

Good excuse to get the price down a little more?

Basically..or rather technically it's no longer a brand new original v1 Infraction?
Maybe he wanted the “safety net” of the auto-charging, idiot proof Traxxas battery setup. But that’s weird because he could have had the same, even better, failsafes with the Spectrum Smart system. Sounds like maybe he had the hobby shop install it when he bought it. Who knows. At any rate, enjoy that Infraction! I’ve heard they’re a real hoot. An infraction might be my next purchase, but I’m going to thin the herd a bit first.

Maybe he wanted the “safety net” of the auto-charging, idiot proof Traxxas battery setup. But that’s weird because he could have had the same, even better, failsafes with the Spectrum Smart system. Sounds like maybe he had the hobby shop install it when he bought it. Who knows. At any rate, enjoy that Infraction! I’ve heard they’re a real hoot. An infraction might be my next purchase, but I’m going to thin the herd a bit first.
I haven't seen it yet, when the owner gets back from holidays I might check it out.
Just weird as to why it was never driven after the cables were changed...anyway will see what happens.

I haven't seen it yet, when the owner gets back from holidays I might check it out.
Just weird as to why it was never driven after the cables were changed...anyway will see what happens.
Good luck!

I looked at the pics of this again before going to drive out this weekend to check it out and i noticed it's damaged on the front bumper!

The listing says it's brand new but how can it be with damage like that?
And also the esc wires being changed and not driven?
Would be a great excuse to drive the price down further despite the owner saying the price is firm.
I wonder if the tyres are worn out also...

arrma i.png

arrma2.png

Then there's also this, i never noticed how horrible this looks.:rolleyes:

Do you think this was once a clear body and was simply custom painted?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-03-31 12-00-00.png
    Screenshot from 2023-03-31 12-00-00.png
    623.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot from 2023-03-31 11-59-25.png
    Screenshot from 2023-03-31 11-59-25.png
    664.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot from 2023-03-31 11-58-53.png
    Screenshot from 2023-03-31 11-58-53.png
    675 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back