Kraton Arrma Kraton 12s Watercooled EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gabcauseican

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Said I wasn't going to get an electric car.... Nothing against it, my daughter got the wltoys124019 4s 3660 3800kv.......just nothing on the market to MAKE me want to build a 80/20 speedruns/bashing (electric vehicle) until i went with brother to my local hobby store he bought a jato 3.3 nitro I knew at that moment.....I needed one myself It's massive that's in the back of my wife Audi Q7...If you haven't seen one in person you truly missing out...... The way my brain is setup *maybe too many nitro fumes from my RC cars (1/12th 4s 1/10th 6s 1/8th 8s 1/5th 12s) i went with a FLIER CAR 3 to 16s 400amps esc Now trying to figure out a servo was a nightmare right off the back none of my 25t servos fit plus way too small once again this truck is massive....now I personally don't like HV servos, IMO race cars don't have power steering for a reason...... the faster you go the less steering input you need...... you will flip your car......People speak from experience not theory

I'm a fan of grease the front/rear differential pinion and ring gear, and silicone in all 3 differentials
Front/rear 500k and 1 silicone earplug
Center 20m weight and silicone ear plugs 50/50

Now for the heart of the project.....I went with a SSS Brushless 5694 1200KV motor..... I'm overvolting the motor 12s once again the all the nitro fumes the way my brain setup, boat motors fight against water, I'm fighting against wind....... All I want is 150 mph out the truck did some calculations 39 spur and 32 l pinion on paper 171mph but that on paper willing to gear up and go 16s if needed.....

Last edited:
Said I wasn't going to get an electric car.... Nothing against it, my daughter got the wltoys124019 4s 3660 3800kv.......just nothing on the market to MAKE me want to build a 80/20 speedruns/bashing (electric vehicle) until i went with brother to my local hobby store he bought a jato 3.3 nitro I knew at that moment.....I needed one myself It's massive that's in the back of a Audi Q7...If you haven't seen one in person you truly missing out...... The way my brain is setup *maybe too many nitro fumes from my RC cars (1/12th 4s 1/10th 6s 1/8th 8s 1/5th 12s) i went with a FLIER CAR 3 to 16s 400amps esc Now trying to figure out a servo was a nightmare right off the back none of my 25t servos fit plus way too small once again this truck is massive....now I personally don't like HV servos, IMO race cars don't have power steering for a reason...... the faster you go the less steering input you need...... you will flip your car......People speak from experience not theory

I'm a fan of grease the front/rear differential pinion and ring gear, and silicone in all 3 differentials
Front/rear 500k and 1 silicone earplug
Center 20m weight and silicone ear plugs 50/50

Now for the heart of the project.....I went with a SSS Brushless 5694 1200KV motor..... I'm overvolting the motor 12s once again the all the nitro fumes the way my brain setup, boat motors fight against water, I'm fighting against wind....... All I want is 150 mph out the truck did some calculations 39 spur and 32 l pinion on paper 171mph but that on paper willing to gear up and go 16s if needed.....

150mph….?

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Can't say I'd recommend going 10K RPM over the specs but it'll be interesting to see which pops first, the ESC or the motor.
Also I hope for your sake you find tyres that handle speed, you're basically stuck running foams.
BRPs slicks probably won't fit and they're not forgiving enough which causes them to wheel hop like hell if you have the torque to break grip, ask me how I know lol

150mph….?

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA
Yup min 150mph if not MORE POWER.....wanna talk about my 13s(54.6v) OVERVOLTED 26s(109 volts)electric scooter? 13s wasn't fast enough for me...(6'2 230lbs) 26s it's more than enough.....Can link you my build thread for it let me know....2 frames first frame friend hit a PARKED car at 40mph...blew 4 escs, blew 1 motor and the other caught fire..... not my first electric vehicle build and definitely not my first RC build.....once again like "TWITCHFAST" said it best people don't talk from theory more like experience ...... stay tuned for the rest of the build

Yup min 150mph if not MORE POWER.....wanna talk about my 13s(54.6v) OVERVOLTED 26s(109 volts)electric scooter? 13s wasn't fast enough for me...(6'2 230lbs) 26s it's more than enough.....Can link you my build thread for it let me know....2 frames first frame friend hit a PARKED car at 40mph...blew 4 escs, blew 1 motor and the other caught fire..... not my first electric vehicle build and definitely not my first RC build.....once again like "TWITCHFAST" said it best people don't talk from theory more like experience ...... stay tuned for the rest of the build
I will be waiting for the video….

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

First time touching an arrma and I must admit....atleast this one its easy to come apart..... added some oil and grease the differentials Mounting the motor and pinon gear was just as easy Servo mount was ummmm different but still managed mount it correctly I think lol........ Few zip ties later and the esc is mounted Since I'm asking for alot from my lipos I need to add some help...... Looked in the electronic junk pile i can't be the only one with one manage to salvage 8x 63v 2200uf caps low esr wired in parallel for cap pack........can go up to 14s with this cap pack Excuse the pink foam.....stole it from the wife arts n craft room.... she has been the biggest supporter so far...... Speaking of the wife she made something and named HER truck.... KRAYA......is her name and apparently it's her truck told me I can go back to NITRO.....guess it's this build end here..... Added some LED for night time FUN The rear fit perfect the front ummmmm slight modification still needed due to the massive EXB bumper

Now this is where I my limited EXPERIENCE in electric rc ends.....going through the ESC settings I ran across a setting I was unsure of some help please I see 8 vs 16 vs 32...... 8 is default but 32 sounds better once again blame the nitro fumes.......should I leave 8 or change it? Thank you....waiting on my lipos

Last edited:
First time touching an arrma and I must admit....atleast this one its easy to come apart..... added some oil and grease the differentials Mounting the motor and pinon gear was just as easy Servo mount was ummmm different but still managed mount it correctly I think lol........ Few zip ties later and the esc is mounted Since I'm asking for alot from my lipos I need to add some help...... Looked in the electronic junk pile i can't be the only one with one manage to salvage 8x 63v 2200uf caps low esr wired in parallel for cap pack........can go up to 14s with this cap pack Excuse the pink foam.....stole it from the wife arts n craft room.... she has been the biggest supporter so far...... Speaking of the wife she made something and named HER truck.... KRAYA......is her name and apparently it's her truck told me I can go back to NITRO.....guess it's this build end here..... Added some LED for night time FUN The rear fit perfect the front ummmmm slight modification still needed due to the massive EXB bumper

Now this is where I my limited EXPERIENCE in electric rc ends.....going through the ESC settings I ran across a setting I was unsure of some help please I see 8 vs 16 vs 32...... 8 is default but 32 sounds better once again blame the nitro fumes.......should I leave 8 or change it? Thank you....waiting on my lipos
To my understanding PWM in this sense refers to the commutation frequency, which is:
(Motor RPM * Motor pole#)/20
In your case that lands you at ~18KHz, the closest option you have is 16KHz.
It's effectively the duty cycle of your motor and should help efficiency.

To my understanding PWM in this sense refers to the commutation frequency, which is:
(Motor RPM * Motor pole#)/20
In your case that lands you at ~18KHz, the closest option you have is 16KHz.
It's effectively the duty cycle of your motor and should help efficiency.
Thank you I really appreciate that......
Last of the easy stuff come finally came...... Quick math 5.2x100 is my amps in theory plus my CAP pack....... maybe lol Now for the HARD part........EXPERIENCE taught me when you OVERVOLT you get more POWER plus more HEAT....... Im throwing my whole pc EXPERIENCE at KRAYA .......
bJWDhO-mlB2IEsmiIoz06WEpey_M559_vN8VBv0uNJJYqS84J-XOLle3xdhTnIblW875-B4Vm7fLh1mVWA0lo0YwxHBRChAxoNRDbtHGJ6DwIJ8UXiFfqqUB82nkl3ec9XvksVp-yiE=w584-h315-p-k

Waterpump and reservoir all in one
Waterjacket for the motor Radiator is 2x Peltier modules should be able to tame the HEAT better than any AIR setup EXPERIENCE taught me an ESC can get hot.. Really Really HOT.....Had one ESC unsolder a motor wire and it landed on the mosfets...... BIG brother words ..... MOST people take things apart because it's broken......Not YOU, you take apart WORKING things to make it better..... (cutting/griding a $2XX esc to add a water block)guess my brother was right.....lol)
People don't talk from THEORY but from EXPERIENCE atleast the people I met.... So yeah I had to add 2x watercooling blocks to the ESC......better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it....... Verifying my SPEED (plus other telemetry) Will blow it,it's 150mph or bust Test fit.....it clears the body..........I thought SHE would put up more of a RESISTANCE...... Now the most important part........the tires Belted tires will help but they not rated for what I'm trying to do..... foam tires will help but not for what I'm trying to do either....... 80% speedruns 20% park bashing So 150lb braided fishing line........ should help with ballooning and allow me to keep my off road capability....(NYC ROADS = OFF ROAD) Once again all in my head(blame the nitro fumes)

Last edited:
You spent all this money on water cooling and peltier blocks, then use Zee lipos 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤔
🤚🤚
6s2x5200 100c in parallel =
Plus.
12s10400 200c
400amp ESC
400x2 Max amps
400x4 = If I'm lucky
Who win battery or esc?
🤔
🤔
🤔

Wait on the video...... Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
How did you pick your batteries? By NAME?......
Wasn't sure if I want to run a separate 3s battery for the 12v or a step up converter? Got a few converters but no 3s batteries........guess it simple step up converter it is. Since the FLIER UBEC got 2x 5v outputs. EXPERIENCE taught me I was wrong about HV servos when it comes to 1/5th scale.........No TURN radius at all, fighting against 33lbs give or take. The Flysky receiver I'm running can handle 8.4v, so output #1 UBEC(5v) to input side on step up converter output(8.4v) to receiver. Output #2 UBEC(5v) to input step up converter output (12v) to waterpump and fans.(if it PULLS to many AMPS go 3s) I don't like the grub screw idea only,the mark the grub screw leaves on the motor shaft. Drill a hole in the motor shaft deep enough so the grub screw is partial in the shaft.....helped alot with flying pinion gears Waterjacket fit perfect on the motor, but not enough clearance when mounting..... Option 1. Raise the center differential about 5mm Option 2. Measure 2x and cut 1x Guess now I got 2 water jackets lol, look like it fit just right.......Thank you ARRMA again, the SPACE this truck got, allow my creativity to run wild...... Now back to this ESC, I think I was able to accomplish a watercooled esc
Not perfect but it will work, I think lol.......

Last edited:
🤚🤚
Plus.
12s10400 200c
400amp ESC
400x2 Max amps
400x4 = If I'm lucky
Who win battery or esc?
🤔
🤔
🤔

Wait on the video...... Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
How did you pick your batteries? By NAME?......
Wasn't sure if I want to run a separate 3s battery for the 12v or a step up converter? Got a few converters but no 3s batteries........guess it simple step up converter it is. Since the FLIER UBEC got 2x 5v outputs. EXPERIENCE taught me I was wrong about HV servos when it comes to 1/5th scale.........No TURN radius at all, fighting against 33lbs give or take. The Flysky receiver I'm running can handle 8.4v, so output #1 UBEC(5v) to input side on step up converter output(8.4v) to receiver. Output #2 UBEC(5v) to input step up converter output (12v) to waterpump and fans.(if it PULLS to many AMPS go 3s) I don't like the grub screw idea only,the mark the grub screw leaves on the motor shaft. Drill a hole in the motor shaft deep enough so the grub screw is partial in the shaft.....helped alot with flying pinion gears Waterjacket fit perfect on the motor, but not enough clearance when mounting..... Option 1. Raise the center differential about 5mm Option 2. Measure 2x and cut 1x Guess now I got 2 water jackets lol, look like it fit just right.......Thank you ARRMA again, the SPACE this truck got, allow my creativity to run wild...... Now back to this ESC, I think I was able to accomplish a watercooled esc
Not perfect but it will work, I think lol.......
I own some Zee packs that I bought to run in my grandkids 3S rigs. They were cheap to buy and feel like little bundles of air. They are very light compared to every other brand of lipo I own.

As far as what I use to determine what packs to buy, I look to the top speed run guys and people that do lipo tests. Not a single one of the most reliable sources run Zee or Zop for their speed run cars.

I have owned Turnigy Graphene Panthers, CNHLs, SMCs, and to my surprise the Yowoo Graphene packs for speed runs and drag hits. Best so far for me were the CNHL packs, but I like to keep testing. The Yowoo are pretty cheap considering their relative performance and would be my choice for either entry level speed or bad ass bashing.

I own some Zee packs that I bought to run in my grandkids 3S rigs. They were cheap to buy and feel like little bundles of air. They are very light compared to every other brand of lipo I own.

As far as what I use to determine what packs to buy, I look to the top speed run guys and people that do lipo tests. Not a single one of the most reliable sources run Zee or Zop for their speed run cars.

I have owned Turnigy Graphene Panthers, CNHLs, SMCs, and to my surprise the Yowoo Graphene packs for speed runs and drag hits. Best so far for me were the CNHL packs, but I like to keep testing. The Yowoo are pretty cheap considering their relative performance and would be my choice for either entry level speed or bad ass bashing.
Lmao NAME brand..... Numbers please, (your ESC vs YOUR battery) Men lie, woman lie, numbers don't so you answered everything else except for who win? ESC Vs Battery.........
Your 100k car about to get taken to GAPPLESBEES by a 10k TURBO civic with EBAY TURBO..... ✋you use all those NAME brands batteries but use a SURPASS ESC......looks like that from your build thread pics could be wrong?(what ESC you use again and batteries) Specs(aka numbers PLEASE)
Google my username ...one of MY many build threads (my HONDA build) is one of them too🤭🤭🤭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

Last edited:
Lmao NAME brand..... Numbers please, (your ESC vs YOUR battery) Men lie, woman lie, numbers don't so you answered everything else except for who win? ESC Vs Battery.........
Your 100k car about to get taken to GAPPLESBEES by a 10k TURBO civic with EBAY TURBO..... ✋you use all those NAME brands batteries but use a SURPASS ESC......looks like that from your build thread pics could be wrong?(what ESC you use again and batteries) Specs(aka numbers PLEASE)
Are you clueless or just a troll, I can’t tell.

All speed runners use Castle ESCs.

Are you clueless or just a troll, I can’t tell.

All speed runners use Castle ESCs.
Name dropping? Still FOLLOWING huh?? All the speedrunners? You FEEL like a speedrunner when you USE CASTLE?
You BLEND in,in a CROWD..... I STAND out, we ARE not the same
Have you went more than 8s...... if not why you still TALKING......wait I should listen to your THEORY?
Still didn't answer my original question
Plus.
12s10400 200c
400amp ESC
400x2 Max amps
400x4 = If I'm lucky
Who win battery or esc?
How many AMPS your ESC have vs YOUR batteries AMPS?
****wait didn't CASTLE ESC catch FIRE SPEEDRUNNER..... (THEY LIED somewhere TOO ) but that's who you LISTEN too.....wonder why (MATH) is your answer FOLLOWER

Last edited:
Name dropping? Still didn't answer my original question
Plus.
12s10400 200c
400amp ESC
400x2 Max amps
400x4 = If I'm lucky
Who win battery or esc?
How many AMPS your ESC have vs YOUR batteries AMPS?
Maybe because your question is unclear?

What is 6s2x5200?

Why do you think 12S is potentially going to be faster than a 6S setup? Or even an 8S setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back