Kraton Arrma Kraton 12s Watercooled EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I love this!! I do like that someone is trying unusual stuff that most likely will spontaneously combust!

Last edited:
This guy…

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

Has this car managed any runs yet?
Idk when or if we ever find out. I know he was given a time out for an unknown period of time.
this is the most entertained I've been all day.......and its only 8am
Just click his name then click the Find button and view all content there is even more enjoyment to be had outside of this thread.

Last edited:
That was the dynimite drop in for it. 45 spur. I used an associated spur motified to fit and a 35 tooth pinion. 2s 850 man battery. Castle makes a great drop in but that was on back order when I did mine. It can run 3s on it if you are looking for speed. The body is the biggest set back. Anything after 50mph it wants to back flip

Hey im just a noob here , but the start of this thread was really good , with dude explaining , Rightly or wrongly , what he was trying to do ?? Now its turned into a mines bigger than yours without the guy who started the thread ? Is this the norm for the Arrma forum ?? If so then , yea

Hey im just a noob here , but the start of this thread was really good , with dude explaining , Rightly or wrongly , what he was trying to do ?? Now its turned into a mines bigger than yours without the guy who started the thread ? Is this the norm for the Arrma forum ?? If so then , yea
Nope.

Would have been awsome to see final results
There's another thread around here somewhere where a guy did a watercooled rig but I don't remember where it is.

First, I commend your effort to this project, second, it’s great to see more and more people jumping in the large scale electric speed game.

To hit the numbers you want, it will take more than voltage and rpm. You need to calculate how many watts your set up will need to overcome to move the truck. Over gearing like that with a 10kW motor will not cut it. The ESC will spark up then go quiet. You’ll also need an ESR to really see what the LiPos can discharge then calculate what sort of cappack you’ll need to avoid killing the ESC or desoldering the lipo tabs. Finally, aero and suspension is the other 50% of the equation. Without the right suspension, all that power will never transfer to the ground. You’ll spin out everytime. Take the time to really think about how everything works together and you’ll be able to bust 120mph. Not much more without changing the chassis and body shape.

OMG i totally missed out on this awesome battle of numbers

I think t's great to see someone trying to build something unconventional. On the other hand, being completely ignorant and assumptious during this "peer review" makes it a hard and almost funny read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back