Kraton Arrma Kraton (2016 Update)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, do not buy the d840wp or d845wp. Apparently I failed to do any research, these are giant quarter-scale servos and won't fit in the Kraton :(

Guys, do not buy the d840wp or d845wp. Apparently I failed to do any research, these are giant quarter-scale servos and won't fit in the Kraton :(
That stinks I saw something about that but when I saw a forum member reccomend them I didn't think of it. Well on the hunt for the next servo . Let me know what you choose , maybe savox ?

I have the SB-2270SG in my Kraton. It is a Beast, and quick.

Attachments

• 2016-04-23 21.31.24.jpg
    2016-04-23 21.31.24.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 65
Several runs through my new Kraton and this thing is a beast! I even jumped a ramp directly into the pole barn and dented it while the Kraton drove off unharmed. Plenty of cartwheels. My only complaints are the springs i ordered Tekin Orange for the front and back. The tires are just not made for grass in my opinion. Any suggestions for tires on a budget?

I'm getting this horn (same one I bought for my Tekno ET48.3).

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFWFC

Also getting this servo. Again - same one I have on the tekno:

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/161806541423

The speed and power have been great on it. So far I'm inky using my Hobbywing Max8's internal BEC at 6 volts for it. But it's been great!

Here's more details for it on the Savox website.

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SV1270TG_Digital_Servo_p/savsv1270tg.htm

Im trying to find batteries that come with xt90 connectors. I want to keep xt90 but don't want to do any soddering.
Duratrax has 5400mah 3s with xt90. I just don't know if they make single 6s packs though.

I created xt90 to deans adaptor as all of my rc, chargers and cables are using deans.

I use a Savox SA-1230SG Monster Torque Steel Gear Digital Servo. $69.99USD.
It's rated at 0.16/499.9 at 6v. It's taller than stock but with longer screws it fits fine.
So far its been mega.

upload_2016-8-23_22-23-57.png

I have a question about batteries. I'm new to this so please bare with me. I purchased an Arrma Kraton 6s BLX with the sole intention of putting a camera gimbal on it. DJI Ronin with a DSLR which all together will ad approx 10 - 15lbs to the truck. I'm not looking for race anything... I need smooth exceleration and most importantly long run time. I will not be needing to go over 25mph... more than likely the majority of shots will be smoothly traveling at a brisk walking pace. so when it comes to batteries I want to spend the least amount of money possible while still getting good run time. In other words: for a full day of production, more batteries that can be charging on the side for replacement when the one in the truck dies is optimal.

Really need advice on the lowest cost batteries I can purchase that will run on this truck while giving me decent run time. I know nothing about modern chargers either if you could help me with that? Also, of course, any advice on gearing or motor setup is absolutely welcome.

Thanks for any help.

I ended up going with a Factory Spec 14.8V 6500mAh 60C. Hopefully it fits and it has good run time!
Wanted to add I love convenience of running single 6s brick, I switched to EC5 connectors cause all my rigs have them, use caution when doing battery, don't cut both wires at same time, don't want to fry new brick! Secure each connection separately.

I use a Savox SA-1230SG Monster Torque Steel Gear Digital Servo. $69.99USD.
It's rated at 0.16/499.9 at 6v. It's taller than stock but with longer screws it fits fine.
So far its been mega.

View attachment 2648
So all you had to do is use longer screws? How is the savox 1230 working for you? I bought the hitec 8330 and I feel like I made a mistake. Want it for my outcast

Last edited:
Yep, longer screws and some small aluminum spacers to take up the space as its taller than stock. So far it's a monster and haven't had any issues. It's my first Savox.

Did the servo horn and link go on smoothly or did u have to make adjustments since the servo is taller than the stock one?

Went on fine. 25t spline.
Sits more on angle but functions perfect, no issues.

I installed a Glitch Buster as I had one I wasn't using.
Not sure if I needed it but it can never hurt to have one!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back