Kraton Arrma Kraton (2016 Update)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warbux

Reaction score
The arrma website recommends atleast a 35C battery. The new 2016 updated version will come out with XT 90 connections. Would you guys recommend any batteries with xt90 connectors or should i find adaptors for traxxas or deans batteries? What route should i take to get around soddering?

The arrma website recommends atleast a 35C battery. The new 2016 updated version will come out with XT 90 connections. Would you guys recommend any batteries with xt90 connectors or should i find adaptors for traxxas or deans batteries? What route should i take to get around soddering?
I wouldn't worry to much about changing the XT90 connectors as the work just fine.

Im trying to find batteries that come with xt90 connectors. I want to keep xt90 but don't want to do any soddering.

The only batteries I know of that offer the XT90 are some of the Turnigy Graphine packs. They are supposedly great packs, but are $$$.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Graphene_5000mAh_4S_65C_Lipo_Pack_w_XT90.html

Also, I am not trying to sound like an ass, but learn to solder. It is not hard, just takes some practice. Get a 40w-60w iron, a chisel tip, and a roll of solder, and start practicing. Also, get one of those 'third hand' jigs, they are a great burnt-finger saver. Watch some you-tube vids to pick up the basics, ask some question here, and practice some with old wire bits and old connectors. Very quickly, it will be no big deal to do basic jobs like swapping out connectors.

Okay i will sodder my own connection then. I think i want the convenience of just a single battery. Now im contemplating a single 5s or 6s lipo. Will the NEW Kraton 185ESC handle a 6s 5000 50C pack running through grass and dirt or should i get 5s to be safe? Im looking at the Venom Fly batteries will they fit?

venom fly 6s 50c 5000mah

Sorry for a million questions! I like the warranty Venom has. Does any other company have atleast a 1 Year full replacement warranty? What 5s or 6s pack would you recommend :)

Batteries, I would get either Hobby King (cheap) or SMC-Racing (still cheap, but great quality)

Also, in another thread, you were asking about wanting it to "run forever" on one battery... I thought about that post when I was reading a discussion between racers using 6s with low KV motors and low MAH batteries...

In a nutshell, if you want extra long run-times, get a lower KV motor, like a 1400kv and run a 6s high mah battery. Speed will be about the same as the stock motor on 4s, but run time will be 50% longer with the same mah. Plus motor/esc/battery temps should run cooler.

Cool! I hear those are great batteries. My 5000mah packs give me somewhere around 15-20 minutes; those should give you another 5 or so minutes on top of that.

Now comes the hard part... Fine tuning!

Im using 4s 6500 60C so what Diff Fluids would you recommend? I run on grass and dirt and im looking for some good punch. Running stock tires on the grass seemed like a good bit of spinning. Should i change the tires on this new Kraton 2.0?

How are the new Kratons with the update's , Mainly wondering how the 185 esc and new motor perform ? Also is the new servo holding up or should I look for a replacement ? Does the internal bec of the esc only run the servos at 6v and if so will a external bec allow it to run higher? Anybody run it right out of the box or are there a few things that need some attention before hand ? I am thinking of picking up a new red 1 when they come in stock at tower. I will def be switching all my batteries over to the new xt90 connectors. I been running Deans all my life , def time for a change.

I'm about 10 runs in on my Kraton V2, and I have been beating the truck pretty hard. Running it stock out of the box, and no issues at all with ESC, motor, or servo. I did however order a Hitec servo as I'd like a bit more torque/speed. No problems with bearings either yet, as I heard this was an issue. I did order a sealed set for later use anyway. I have only broken a shock ball link after some very bad jumps/crashes.

I'm about 10 runs in on my Kraton V2, and I have been beating the truck pretty hard. Running it stock out of the box, and no issues at all with ESC, motor, or servo. I did however order a Hitec servo as I'd like a bit more torque/speed. No problems with bearings either yet, as I heard this was an issue. I did order a sealed set for later use anyway. I have only broken a shock ball link after some very bad jumps/crashes.
Sweet Ty for the kind words. I am looking forward to picking 1 up once tower has them in stock. I also was thinking of grabbing the hitec water proof servo once the stock servo fails. I also believe the esc is only capable of 6v's to the servo and there are many servo's that get more power from the 7v range so I am thinking a external bec or possibly a new esc will solve that problem but I'd like to try the new esc in the Kraton for awhile. The hitec only run at 6v's from the stock esc would be hitting these numbers and not taking advantage of the power it has : Torque: 451 oz-in @ 4.8v, 562 oz-in @ 6.0v, 694 oz-in @ 7.4v Speed: 0.26 @ 4.8v, 0.21 @ 6.0v, 0.17 @ 7.4v
I been running Mamba Monsters for years now and love them but I have been itching to try something different these days. Did you end up getting the hitec D845WP ? If so that's the 1 I want so please lmk your results.

Yes, that is the servo I ordered. :) I will let you know the results as soon as it arrives and is installed. I am going to be installing my own radio, so I plan to do this at the same time. Unfortunately it does look like the BLX185 bec is limited to 6v, but we still get about 3x the torque with the HItec for now! Not too shabby

Yes, that is the servo I ordered. :) I will let you know the results as soon as it arrives and is installed. I am going to be installing my own radio, so I plan to do this at the same time. Unfortunately it does look like the BLX185 bec is limited to 6v, but we still get about 3x the torque with the HItec for now! Not too shabby
I think a bec may solve that problem . Sounds good man , I have been somewhat undecided between the hitec 840 and 845 , one has a ton of torque and the other speed. I am sure the Kraton prob needs more torque anyway for the big heavy wheels. I saved my futaba radio myself for the Kraton so the stock radio will be sold asap , most likely the stock tires also. Wishing you luck and cant wait to hear the results - ty

I'm going to admit I actually ordered both the 840 and 845, being indecisive lol. Still not sure which one I'm going to go with. As for the bec issue, I am pretty sure you can only step-down the voltage coming from the esc with something external. Unless you mean using a bec with a separate battery pack.. ?

Oh nice of you to test both . I am not sure myself been running a jr 9100hvs has a ton of torq and speed but after a few years of solid use I sold it with one of my trucks. Def don't want to run a bec with a external pack. I'm not a fan of extra weight so prob a different esc is the only option I know of. I thought a castle bec would step it up being soldered to the esc but I am not to savy in that department.

I think a bec may solve that problem . Sounds good man , I have been somewhat undecided between the hitec 840 and 845 , one has a ton of torque and the other speed. I am sure the Kraton prob needs more torque anyway for the big heavy wheels. I saved my futaba radio myself for the Kraton so the stock radio will be sold asap , most likely the stock tires also. Wishing you luck and cant wait to hear the results - ty

Is this the D84*WP line? Looks like the D840wp is making plenty of torque at both 6.0v and 7.2v. Speed is good. The D845wp is slow slow slow... .21s@6v makes it hard to counter steer...

Oh nice of you to test both . I am not sure myself been running a jr 9100hvs has a ton of torq and speed but after a few years of solid use I sold it with one of my trucks. Def don't want to run a bec with a external pack. I'm not a fan of extra weight so prob a different esc is the only option I know of. I thought a castle bec would step it up being soldered to the esc but I am not to savy in that department.

If you want 7.4 without a BEC, I have seen write-ups on buiding a y-harness for the ESC, to pull 7.4v from the balance leads off the main LiPo... Search for poster BillDeLong on UltimateRC.com.

guys, the new version has new ESC and motor. Is the new motor physically bigger in size than the old one?

I bought a RC Gear Shop motor from Tower to have as a backup, in comparison, it's a lot bigger than my V1 ARRMA motor. It's the same can size as my Castle 2200KV

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back