Arrma kraton 4s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice job ??
Thank you
IMG_0936.JPG

Nope waiting for the treadlock to cure
How long does that take? Should be almost instant
Edit: you meant thread lock, not tire glue. I get it now.
These things are bigger than I imagined they would be. Gonna have to gear down for sure. Prob step back down to at least the 15T on mah Kraton.

70AB64E9-B2C8-45E3-9BFC-F3596292D848.jpeg

48F489BC-C0D9-4D56-B0D4-32BAAE49E13B.jpeg

Belted Trenchers 2.8
Badlands MX28
Backflip LP

Last edited:
Took me almost an hour to glue them on my minikawa wheels i used the dynamite ca glue and this stuff flows like oil so dam fast i needed to use gravity or it would spill everywhere

How long does that take? Should be almost instant
Edit: you meant thread lock, not tire glue. I get it now.
These things are bigger than I imagined they would be. Gonna have to gear down for sure. Prob step back down to at least the 15T on mah Kraton.

View attachment 50573
View attachment 50574
Belted Trenchers 2.8
Badlands MX28
Backflip LP
I felt like the backflips were about to kill my diff it was doing wheelie too easy vs the minikawa i received my ceramic bearings so i have put that on and loosened the slipper by 0.20 approximatly.
Completly a differant truck with those wheels it hardly pulls a wheelie on the road so these tires are specially made for offroad purposes
Had a bit trouble controling it on concrete i took more time to jump at the skate park sometimes it pullet to the left for no reason maybe because of the shock oil on the bearings when i cleaned them( i just leaked how badly i lube them lol) so when i will take the truck apart again i will put some real bearing oil i got

I felt like the backflips were about to kill my diff it was doing wheelie too easy vs the minikawa i received my ceramic bearings so i have put that on and loosened the slipper by 0.20 approximatly.
Completly a differant truck with those wheels it hardly pulls a wheelie on the road so these tires are specially made for offroad purposes
Had a bit trouble controling it on concrete i took more time to jump at the skate park sometimes it pullet to the left for no reason maybe because of the shock oil on the bearings when i cleaned them( i just leaked how badly i lube them lol) so when i will take the truck apart again i will put some real bearing oil i got
When you say it was pulling left, did you check your A-arms? It’s a dead giveaway for me. I can always tell when I broke one. Still waiting on my A-main shipment with my RPM arms.

Was about to change oil...
image.jpg

Sigh again diff issue
Apparently it ran out of lube but how
There is a lot of play in the front bearing of the sun gear

A diff cant run dry right?
I put some silicone grease on mine when I assemble them, but haven’t even checked them since. I don’t oil my bearings either. I think you may be doing too much. That’s just an opinion. I’m not the expert here. I just know that I don’t do some of the things you do. I know you think you’re doing the right thing, but maybe it’s the cause? ??‍♂️

I put some silicone grease on mine when I assemble them, but haven’t even checked them since. I don’t oil my bearings either. I think you may be doing too much. That’s just an opinion. I’m not the expert here. I just know that I don’t do some of the things you do. I know you think you’re doing the right thing, but maybe it’s the cause? ??‍♂️
I just opened my rear diff to chance the oil because it was too thick and i saw a lot of residu of plastic arround

My hobbyshop had these! But unfortunatky they had the black one but the really small version and decided to give this one a shot and its jjst a tiny bit stronger than stock:/
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1104.JPG

Kimbourgh servo saver my servo is a bit faster now on the ground but still a bit dissapointed
But there is no more slop at least

Last edited:
First run of the new servo saver with my minikawa lps and there is a big differance in handling. A lot more nimble into the turns when i was in the street it was a bit wet and i for the first time lost control of the car and went sideways and almost hit the curb like when a race car lose control?. Pretty impressive. So yeah this cheap servo saver was worth is 10$ price tag

I have the blx motor mount in the way and im going to put a bit of foam between the side of the chassi and the motor just to give it more regidity. Remplaced a few rod ends too. My rear right shock loses a bit of oil when compressed a few times thats maybe why i had a bit more dirt in the bottom of the shock than the others. So i might try to get new orings arrma says the 4s shocks uses 4x2mm while the arrma 6s shocks uses 3.8x1.9? Orings should be a little bit smaller than the shock shaft if im fight for a tight seal might be the reason why the 3-4s shocks leak in few cases
I wonder if they are the same size or a bit bigger when in place in the shafts if someone can do that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back