Arrma kraton 4s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Not a massive build for now because my kraton doesn't need much stuff for now in my opinion here is the current state of my kraton 4s
IMG_0806.JPG

I have made a front bumper myselft to prevent my motor mounts from bending until i get the billet motor mount from arrma..?
IMG_0811.JPG

My new stock motor mount was doing great but the tread lock failed and my screws backed off and i had a little nose landing at the end of my session on the first time on a bmxtrack result: stripped 2 mounting holes? I cant sleep without thinking about this so i was pushed to use the adjustabale mega motor mount that i bought by mistake red tread lock and superglue on the head of that screw now..
image.jpg

I have rebuild the slipper clutch because springs who comes with the slipperclutch uni just keeo coming loose.. 2 set of slipper clutches same issue and spring being weak killed 3 rear diff because of that??? so now with the rebuild kit one turn backed off and red tread lock its not moving anymore and thats perfect??
And 2 brand new diffs and my tip for diff grease... DO NOT USE WHITE LITHIUM GREASE i used that on my diffs and they just worn out both of my diff when i realised that i saw the theets completly dry.. and a lot of plastic powder mixed with the grease and look at my front diff who never failed the state of it
Unfortunatly i don't have any diff case left they are all gone to the garbage but i do have the sungear and the theets are like 2mm thick now?
image.jpg

Im ussing now marine grease and i oppened 4 times my diff to be sure that the grease is doing is job and he is after 4 packs now diffs are like brand new still

Last edited:
I have put fast eddy 10x15x4 bearings on my slipperclutch and sungears i have a also installed 8 12x18x4 bearings on my drivetrain but i think im going to change them they are rubber sealed one side but its not correctly sealed there is a gap between the seal and the cendpter of the bearing i thought they were both side sealed but there was a misleading picture on the amainhobbies website
image.jpg

image.jpg
onne seized completly
image.jpg

I have rear lights under my wing:3 they look really nice
Front of the body was rainforced with two layers of dry wall tape and a lot of shooe gooe i started having cracks after a lot of nose landings this bosh is so thick and durable and i can get a new one for 40$ canadian dollars so much better than my old rc who was 80$ for a weak body
image.jpg

image.jpg

While i tried to rebuild my rear shock one was so tight and i snapped the rod end off.. im trying to epoxy it back togueter with metal wires to prevent it break again the remplacement shafts/rpd ends are 18$ a costly mistake from me
image.jpg

Im waiting for my alluminum pivot balls because my steering radius is reduced because of the worn pivot balls? I hope i receive them before friday because its almost 2 weeks im waiting

Last edited:
image.jpg
my rear driveshafts are like this for quite a while now. I just hope it wont pop out i already had my dose of badluck with my car. I have put brand new rear minikawa lp horizon has send me.
Hope it doesn make them go pop i have maybe ruined them because of my stock slipper springs were so badly damaged and was giving bad compresion ratio while tunning. Now i have that fixed with one turn loosen with brand new slipper rebuild kit

I have bend another motor mount and i broke my rubber hammer in half ziptied it back togueter hope god(adjustable motor mount billet made) arrives soon
And i think my alluminum pivot balls will never arrive its near 3 weeks now

Yeas completly gone i was putting a screw back and i notised the front skidplate has moved
I was not feeling right today pretty awfull. And i went outside just to cheer myself and this happened
I have a spare, used Senton chassis. That's the same as the Kraton 4s, right? I'll send it to you for free if you want. PM me.

I have a spare LWB chassis as well, but mine is spoken for. The Typhon is cracked in the middle again and will probably snap all the way on my next jumping session. It needs a complete teardown soon anyways. I will redo the bearings and diffs when it snaps.

I have a spare LWB chassis as well, but mine is spoken for. The Typhon is cracked in the middle again and will probably snap all the way on my next jumping session. It needs a complete teardown soon anyways. I will redo the bearings and diffs when it snaps.
Im also going to buy anotehr ceramic bearing because you know how its going my motor bearing is going to explode when my car is completly rebuild
I want to reduce the chances of something bad to happen after everything is fixed

Got your PM. I'll hook you up ???
im using shoe goo to at least try to not make it move going to only run 3s and go slow until i get my new chassi and t bone bumper
IMG_0853.JPG

At least i can drive until i wait
You can also see my worn pivot balls still did not receive the alluminum ones its going to be 3 weeks tomorrow the forst time something from united states takes that long to arrive

im using shoe goo to at least try to not make it move going to only run 3s and go slow until i get my new chassi and t bone bumperView attachment 49188
At least i can drive until i wait
You can also see my worn pivot balls still did not receive the alluminum ones its going to be 3 weeks tomorrow the forst time something from united states takes that long to arrive
I dunno. I wouldn't chance it. The chassis I got you from JRC should be there pretty soon. Why risk breaking something else if that gives???

I dunno. I wouldn't chance it. The chassis I got you from JRC should be there pretty soon. Why risk breaking something else if that gives???
True ussualy when i order from jenny rc is takes 2 weeks to arrive idk what shipping you choosed
But true its not worth it running it could damage the diff for example

Today was exicted i thought i got my pivot balls nope its a slipper clutch spare who took a week to arrive only
image.jpg

Well i think the pivot balls are gone??

The 3-4 of october is going to be a big money day
Im going to get some ca glue and the bakcflip lps! And maybe the hot racing motor mount like i said i cant wait until november for the arrma version of the adjustable motor mount i cant sleep without thinking of the stupid motor mount bending over and over t already took out 3 of my mounting hole and i have 2 fonctional atm. And might as well get the alluminum pivot balls funny stuff when i called them and asked for them they had no idea what was that and they realised it was the alluminum pivot balls and they told me they sold a lot of the plastic ones and they thought an upgraded version was out there?. Because the pivot balls i prdered from ebay i think they are gone 3 weeks from saint louis to canada? Even from china i receive packages in 2 weeks. The seller was using economy shipping and i ordered from the same seller the shock shafts with same sipping:/ i quess was a stupid decision if they never show up too. So be aware.
Dboots backflips:60$
Adjustable hot racing motor mount: 25$
Adjustable pivot balls: 16$
Never spend that much on a single order before hope my issues will be soon over and be a souvenir and enjoy my car for good. I only broke 2 arms and a chassi because i was not careful enough. I hope im not doing the same mistake like i did in my rustler.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back