Kraton Arrma kraton 4s diff failure AGAIN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Im starting to be really pissed off at my kraton 4s today my diff gave out again while doing speed runs...i thought my sun gear gave out but it turns out that the whole diff is gone. Whats going why is is only happening to me? Its my 4th diff failure..

Im starting to be really pissed off at my kraton 4s today my diff gave out again while doing speed runs...i thought my sun gear gave out but it turns out that the whole diff is gone. Whats going why is is only happening to me? Its my 4th diff failure..
You’re special. Play the lotto. I’ve still never had a single diff issue. I beat the piss out of my trucks on 4S and it’s about the only part I’ve yet to break. Some have all the luck. ??‍♂️

You’re special. Play the lotto. I’ve still never had a single diff issue. I beat the piss out of my trucks on 4S and it’s about the only part I’ve yet to break. Some have all the luck. ??‍♂️
:c im going to get fast eddy bearings for the slipper and input gears the front is worn and a chip missing on the main gear and he is still going strong.. original diff from the car. I will put the shim back where it was stock maybe moving the shim to the other side like razor suggested is making auto destruction i don't have a lot of money i sold my rustler because it was an endless money pit..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 67
Mine are all bone stock. One thing I don't do is land under power. That is the one thing I’ve always done right. Ok, maybe the ONLY thing.

I don't land with power on never and i have the dam slipper always losening so..
Sounds like you’ve just had bad luck or I have the strangest luck. I definitely don’t have good luck with all the sh!t I’ve broken, but I’ve been good on diffs.

And makes me more depress that someone on discord laughs at me when i share whats going on because he thinks im doing everything wrong and thats why it breaks...

:c im going to get fast eddy bearings for the slipper and input gears the front is worn and a chip missing on the main gear and he is still going strong.. original diff from the car. I will put the shim back where it was stock maybe moving the shim to the other side like razor suggested is making auto destruction i don't have a lot of money i sold my rustler because it was an endless money pit..

If one of your plastic gears is worn in the diff, then definitely DO NOT move the shim to the other side like I suggested. That's the case for my perfectly like new diffs, but if yours are worn I would not move it as it could make it too loose. You have to shim it to the amount of teeth engagement for your truck.

If one of your plastic gears is worn in the diff, then definitely DO NOT move the shim to the other side like I suggested. That's the case for my perfectly like new diffs, but if yours are worn I would not move it as it could make it too loose. You have to shim it to the amount of teeth engagement for your truck.
They were both brand new sungear and main diff gear

And makes me more depress that someone on discord laughs at me when i share whats going on because he thinks im doing everything wrong and thats why it breaks...
That Dilly fellow has a heart made of coal.

This is aimed at me? Wtf did I do other than try to help?

Not you someone on discord
The guy who says traxxas lipos are the best lipos
Ahhh I didn’t know what discord was. Thought it was some typo. I didn’t think I was that much of a jerk here. Well, some people* here deserve it, just not you.

*ed

Tried to find where in the arrma adjustable motor mount the mention of billet i was maybe thinking getting one because i think its the reason why my diffs are failing when the motor mount bends it my sun gear and maybe kills the bearings?

Tried to find where in the arrma adjustable motor mount the mention of billet i was maybe thinking getting one because i think its the reason why my diffs are failing when the motor mount bends it my sun gear and maybe kills the bearings?
I don't see that detail anywhere else either. My guess is they have seen one and know what billet looks like. ?‍♂️

It is machined aluminum where as the stock is cast.

QqlAIiW.jpg

I haven’t had any issues with mesh with mine. I also have one of the Hot Racing ones too. Neither has given me any problems. Use blue thread lock on the motor screws.

Would it be bend proof?
I haven’t had any issues with mesh with mine. I also have one of the Hot Racing ones too. Neither has given me any problems. Use blue thread lock on the motor screws.
I use blue locktite and when i remove them its quite easy to remove them it doesn't like make a snap sound so thats makes me worried

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back