Kraton Arrma kraton 4s oil weight suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I have an arrma kraton 4s its my first arrma ever. Had horrible experience with traxxas. The only issue im having is steering i installed a stronger servo 20kg and i have trouble steering while using the throtle. I think its called understeer. I changed the front o 10k but feels about the same has stock. I was thinking putting 10k front 5 k rear but will i have more issues when wheelies. My rear tires may suffer and explode when the diff starts to work? Or i am worrying for nothing.

Under 4S throttle you won’t be able to steer. Since the tires are not on the ground. ;)

Welcome to the forums!

10k is the stock settings for the front and rear diffs.

What you’re experiencing is indeed understeering, although when it happens while on throttle, it sometime described as the car is “pushing”.
It’s not the front/rear, but the center diff that effect how the car behave while turning on throttle. Thicker oil will add “drive” - meaning the car will accelerate with more authority, but will “push” on corners, and thinner oil will let you pull out of corners better, but will reduce acceleration.

The 4s and 3s line don't have a center diff, meaning it behave similarly to a very heavy oil in the center diff, great acceleration but it’s hard to turn on throttle. You can change how you drive the car, first finish the turn, then accelerate like crazy! :)

I’d try 30 in the front and see where that gets you. Don’t go overkill or else you’ll have a truck that won’t drive in a straight line.

Sorry for the late reply im at 50k front 10k rear just a bit lazy to change the front again 30k in the rear was too much i was just spining and turning while braking. Going to put 30k in the front tho. I have put a bit of negative camber and i tested it today and it was better at turning. Also removed small spacer in the front

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back