Kraton Arrma kraton 4s or 6s for begin ? Turnigy graphene ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUGO .R

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi everybody, my last RC was able to run at 35+ mph and i want to know what is the best to begin enter 4s and 6s ? Do you think the turnigy graphene are good for their price ?

So 6s is a ton of fun, but run 4s first unless you don't care about breaking stuff.

I saw a few times the turnigy graphene burn on Youtube

The Graphines are among the best Lipos out there. The newer Panther line is even better, apparently. But all lipos can burn if mistreated.

4s vs 6s - I like 4s. With the 14t pinion, the truck runs mid-40's, and has tons of power, and is still very durable.. 6s takes the power to insane levels, and you will break a lot.

What do you take enter the 4s with 5000mah and the 4s with 6000 mah of turnigy graphene ?

I have the 6000mah 90c Trunigy Graphines. Great packs. The 65c and 75c (panther) are supposed to be great too. The 45c are decent, but not anything special.

If you want to do backflips and speed runs then 6s. 4s is great but a little harder to correct in the air. Not nearly the same wear and maintenance with 4s. 6s is a lot harder on the truck and you will soon be looking for upgrades. I like to run a 4s get warmed up then switch to 6s.

Yep. The 4s is great, with plenty power and good runtimes. I bought a 5s too. With stock pinion it's wheelie wednesday every day once you hit full throtle.
Conclusion, start with 4s. Upgrade later.

There is a Kraton at the Hobbytown near my mom's in NC. I asked if they had an Outcast in stock but they don't. So I'm thinking seriously about the Kraton.

Congrats ;)

Having both daughters outcast and my Kraton I like the Kraton more.

Run 6s graphene 6000mah 65c in my tomahawk Kraton, and 2x 4s 6000mah 65c in my x-bug x-maxx.

I just bought a Kraton yesterday. Coming from a converted brushless Granite 4x4 (3s), I wanted to start out 4s. I ended up with a Dynamite Reaction 6500mAh 50C 4s battery.

Drop the 14t in the truck if you plan on running 4s. With the 12t, the truck just runs out of legs way too quick. And don't forget to use heat to break the thread lock on ALL metal to metal connections.

Drop the 14t in the truck if you plan on running 4s. With the 12t, the truck just runs out of legs way too quick. And don't forget to use heat to break the thread lock on ALL metal to metal connections.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't have thought of either. Do I need to adjust any of the transitter/ESC settings? Is there a break in procedure the motor?

No break in for brushless. You do want to read thru the manual and run the calibration procedure on the ESC - this tells the ESC where proper 0 and 100% is. Often without this, you can full squeeze the throttle and only get 75% or so...

Back to the original the post, I'd say 4s if you have no prior experience but coming from my 3s brushless Granite, 4s is super easy to drive. Same speed as my Granite with waaaaay better handling and stability. I'll be going for a 6s setup soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back