Kraton Arrma kraton 4s slipper clutch issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My slipper clutch keeps getting loose every run im quite tired really i tried locktite i tried sanding the spring nothing does it:/
Can you check the front side of the assembly and see if the bushing has snapped off? Mine did and couldn’t keep it tight, no matter what. I also snapped off the screw at one point trying to get it tighter and didn’t realize it. I’m waiting for a whole new assembly to arrive. I also upgraded to a steel spur and slipper pads from HR. Maybe they are to blame somewhat.

Hi,
Humm... 4s is a lot of power for this slipper clutch (IMO)...
When we put MT wheels on the Mega BLX in 3s (on the pavement), full throttle, at the end of the session, the slipper clutch comes loose.
But we never had this problem on the track.
Loctite…? Really?
PL

Hi,
Humm... 4s is a lot of power for this slipper clutch (IMO)...
When we put MT wheels on the Mega BLX in 3s (on the pavement), full throttle, at the end of the session, the slipper clutch comes loose.
But we never had this problem on the track.
Loctite…? Really?
PL
I blue loctite my slipper every single time. I e considered red loctite if I could dial it in perfectly.

Did you let the loctite set for 24 hrs before you ran the truck again?
I do every time, but it still gets loose somehow. ??‍♂️ I’m going to get the new assembly dialed in and red loctite that B.

Edit; I might even drill thru and make it a spool

I’m sick of ending runs due to this POS slipper ?
I know the feeling. The first time mine started slipping, I loctited the adjustment screw and let it set a few days. Fingers crossed it hasn't needed adjusting for the last 7 batteries.

Can you check the front side of the assembly and see if the bushing has snapped off? Mine did and couldn’t keep it tight, no matter what. I also snapped off the screw at one point trying to get it tighter and didn’t realize it. I’m waiting for a whole new assembly to arrive. I also upgraded to a steel spur and slipper pads from HR. Maybe they are to blame somewhat.
Everything seems fine3 little spacers with a spring
Did you let the loctite set for 24 hrs before you ran the truck again?
Yes
I’m sick of ending runs due to this POS slipper ?
It kills my baterry

Mine had a ton of problems and actually melted a bunch of parts, but still usable. I found a steel locknut that fit and cranked it down as much as I could until I thought it would break and I haven’t messed with it since, I hope I don’t have to. It was tricky to fabricate but it works.

Now that I told someone it’s probably gonna break again because I thought it was acting up a little today. I hope not:mad:

Okay i think the spring is stuck or doesn't do is job anymore i loose the slipper 1/2 turn and its completly loose
I need to loose it 1/10 turn to make it okay:/ should i contact horizon for this?

Okay i think the spring is stuck or doesn't do is job anymore i loose the slipper 1/2 turn and its completly loose
I need to loose it 1/10 turn to make it okay:/ should i contact horizon for this?
Check the inside of the front hub and see if the brass insert broke free. Mine did too.

WhaT brass thing??i don't understand

I opennd it up the bushing is fine everything is okay sanded the spring a bit more but i lost my screwdriver... im stuck with one alen key now

I have this problem and the only thing I can do is tighten it all the way. I tried factory setting which is 1 and 1/4 turns from tight and it kept going loose. I just stripped my input gear in the front diff. I don't know what to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back