Kraton Arrma kraton 4s slipper clutch issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this problem and the only thing I can do is tighten it all the way. I tried factory setting which is 1 and 1/4 turns from tight and it kept going loose. I just stripped my input gear in the front diff. I don't know what to do.

are you sure it’s not too tight?

It sounds like he went too tight and that’s when the input stripped.

I used the little brass insert nut thingy front the 3s line but since it takes up a bit more room I had to cut off a tiny bit of the diff input and put some maximum strength thread locker on there. Also make sure your threadlocker isn’t expired and for me some brands came loose right away and some have stayed since I took it apart

it won't stay set. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
First issue is cleaning any old thread lock off the bolt, spring, and hub. Reassemble it, set the tension, and then stand it upright with the front side on a table. Drop some blue thread lock into the rear side and let it dry for 24 hours. Should be good after that.

Hi guys not sure how this works on here but I had slipper hold for a few packs at a time if I take it out and crank it down with lock tite but basically making it a spool trying to get a full pack! any input is appreciated so it’s a Kraton 4 s I have been running on 3 s since my axles started popping out “I kno it’s due to slipper locked but my last upgrade is in the making ie I have most of what I need for cvd sliders hope they font just fry diffs cuz I’ve done one already

Hi guys not sure how this works on here but I had slipper hold for a few packs at a time if I take it out and crank it down with lock tite but basically making it a spool trying to get a full pack! any input is appreciated so it’s a Kraton 4 s I have been running on 3 s since my axles started popping out “I kno it’s due to slipper locked but my last upgrade is in the making ie I have most of what I need for cvd sliders hope they font just fry diffs cuz I’ve done one already
Rebuild the clutch with the kit your spring is dead maybe snaped

Thanks yea I got a couple complete slipper spur sets coming today so I will be red lock titing in place just a half turn out from fully compressed if this is wrong procedure and anyone recommends a better way I’ll do one each way and put feedback on here
Thanks yea I got a couple complete slipper spur sets coming today so I will be red lock titing in place just a half turn out from fully compressed if this is wrong procedure and anyone recommends a better way I’ll do one each way and put feedback on here
Also I had the first one hold for a about 5 packs the one I rebuilt in hand with blue lock tite held for a good ten packs next I replaced the center screw with a stainless cuz head broke off note it was clean and ran thru both sides W LT this did not work for more than ten mins

I feel your pain. My slipper came loose and melted my whole rear driveline. I am going to red loctite that son of a gun and if that doesn't fix it I will drill it and make a spool. Still waiting on all the parts to get it back up and running
20200615_162020.jpg
20200615_162208.jpg
20200611_160228.jpg
20200610_203151.jpg

I use red loctite on my slipper then drop some on the extra on threads to keep it from backing out.

The newer 2020 rebuild kits seem to work a ton better. They have this little lock nut thing you drop into the rear slipper hub. Honestly arrma needs to redesign that clutch system. Really Arrma? That little 2.5mm screw is suppose to hold up to 4s power.

The newer 2020 rebuild kits seem to work a ton better. They have this little lock nut thing you drop into the rear slipper hub. Honestly arrma needs to redesign that clutch system. Really Arrma? That little 2.5mm screw is suppose to hold up to 4s power.
Yes but you need also the new little sungear for the diff

When using Loctite you must take the screw out and put it on the threads and then screw it back in. Loctite is anaerobic and doesn't work like it should when you drop it on the screw from the back after you have assembled the slipper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back