Kraton Arrma Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My e-savage was the standard of how to screw up a RC, on my end & HPI. I stop having a ton of RC carcases lying around after that thing. It taught me the finer points on how to care for (or deal with) a RC. I had the XS & XL after that. I think I loved headaches at that time. The only headache I had at that level recently was the 1st gen X-Maxx. Arrma's stuff is idiot-proof compared to that junk. But I still broke a few slippers on the 4x4 line.
Even then I kept all four wheels mostly on the ground. I only started having real troubles when I put in a brushless system (I forget the motor but the ESC was a Castle something.) Had to learn how to take two shafts and make a stronger one. I still have two and will resurrect them eventually but I'll put the brushed stuff back in mine.

The new 4s overall is the best value. Seems like now anytime i see vids of guys that are more hardcore bashers with a 6s I see the same pattern. $200 in Voltage hobbies parts and $100+ on a m2c chassis. Sooooo for a hardcore basher realistically a 6s is really more like $850 out of the box if you want it to withstand some above average bashing lol I mean heck Rich has a vid of first bash on the v4 kraton, bout 4 min later chassis is bent and rear chassis brace broke :LOL: Not to mention parts cost when things break.... 6s you now double the cost for most of the replacement parts..... Pass...... No hate though i still love 6s line just some food for thought lol

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I agree with you. The 6S models suffer with the butter soft chassis and metal isn’t always better. I think these 4S models are better for Arrmas target audience than the 1/8th scales. I do think the price is $50.00 too high, and the tower brace is gimmicky.

I also agree that as much as I appreciate Vas and his opinions (which are correct imo), his opinions are unfortunately not as valuable now considering his relationship with Arrma. I think the same can be said about any RC reviewer who is in bed with a company as deep as Vas, Rich, and Jay Tee.

Anyway, I might actually grab one of these as I prefer a plastic chassis for skatepark duty in the warmer months. Arrma is doing the right thing here, they are becoming more like Hpi/ Traxxas and trying to grow which some will hate who were fans in the beginning. Let them grow..

6s out of the box is not as durable as the 3s or new 4s. Faster.... well....yea.... ummmm 6s . more planted when driving.... yea i'll give 6s that since it's heavier.... more expensive replacement parts.... 6s takes that one by a long shot. I mean.... watching all of the vids Rich posts he does show everything that breaks during his session. Doesn't hide anything which id say most would appreciate that for sure. For the $100 extra it costs for 4s i'd say it is justified. 120 amp esc, beefier lower kv motor, 15kg servo, steel spur, longer a arms / turnbuckels, bigger wheels, tower to tower brace, big bore shocks.... i mean what's not to like? Heck my $320 Big rock set me back another $100 just to add HR adapters and proline MX28/badlands..... Just those 2 upgrades put me over $400 4s price.... I'm a big fan of nice plastic chassis RC trucks. Plastic flexes and metal bends. I have no hate on the 6s platform cuz they are awesome no doubt but durability wise straight out of the box.....3s/4s arrma takes it

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I agree with you. The 6S models suffer with the butter soft chassis and metal isn’t always better. I think these 4S models are better for Arrmas target audience than the 1/8th scales. I do think the price is $50.00 too high, and the tower brace is gimmicky.

I also agree that as much as I appreciate Vas and his opinions (which are correct imo), his opinions are unfortunately not as valuable now considering his relationship with Arrma. I think the same can be said about any RC reviewer who is in bed with a company as deep as Vas, Rich, and Jay Tee.

Anyway, I might actually grab one of these as I prefer a plastic chassis for skatepark duty in the warmer months. Arrma is doing the right thing here, they are becoming more like Hpi/ Traxxas and trying to grow which some will hate who were fans in the beginning. Let them grow..
Really surprised to see your interest here. I recall someone mentioning that the Arrma 3s line has weaknesses; https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/brcc-blown-rear-diff-after-3-hours-runtime.11497/post-132772,
so do you believe that they are addressed in the 4s models? What exactly do you feel will make the 4s better? They are still using plastic driveshafts and the same components in the drive train. Modified slipper to handle the torque of the lower kv motor, but mated to an existing drive line. I also own neither, but I buy on impulse. I might choose the V4 because I like the look and bigger stance. I figured you to be more calculated in this type of decision.

Really surprised to see your interest here. I recall someone mentioning that the Arrma 3s line has weaknesses; https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/brcc-blown-rear-diff-after-3-hours-runtime.11497/post-132772,
so do you believe that they are addressed in the 4s models? What exactly do you feel will make the 4s better? They are still using plastic driveshafts and the same components in the drive train. Modified slipper to handle the torque of the lower kv motor, but mated to an existing drive line. I also own neither, but I buy on impulse. I might choose the V4 because I like the look and bigger stance. I figured you to be more calculated in this type of decision.

I don’t think they are without fault, and my perceived quality was/ is based on other people’s ownership. I see arms breaking a lot, and I’m sure the plastic drive shafts will be as weak as Traxxas, but those things you can replace easily, a bent chassis is way more involving. I always say, keep your expectations in check so you won’t be disappointed. Is this 4s model the answer? No, it will require mods and maybe RPM and others will step up. For warm weather skate park bashing, I think these will be really fun. Winter months not so much.

Also keep in mind.... Arrmas target audience isn’t really experienced 1/8th scale guys, it just so happens that some of us were. Many who buy 6s models it is their first step up from say an Emaxx and to them it’s like HOLY SH1T, but I believe Arrma targets the lower experience as their game plan. I think the 4s fits in nice and replacements are easy and cheap.

Last edited:
I can't try to figure out which Arrma truck I'd sell to get a new one so I won't. This is why I'd buy a 4s too. Why not? I don't split hairs on this stuff and $400 isn't the end of the world. I have all required lipos and that. None of all this RC stuff I buy is an investment for return anyway. Wish it was but no way.
I just buy em, see if it's fun and try to have an enjoyable midlife crisis. ?(y)?

I can't try to figure out which Arrma truck I'd sell to get a new one so I won't. This is why I'd buy a 4s too. Why not? I don't split hairs on this stuff and $400 isn't the end of the world. I have all required lipos and that. None of all this RC stuff I buy is an investment for return anyway. Wish it was but no way.
I just buy em, see if it's fun and try to have an enjoyable midlife crisis. ?(y)?
I could never sell a Arrma to buy another Arrma, maby one of my nitros though. Every RC I buy is knowing that money is gone and will never get it back especially with hundreds in upgrades.

So I just enjoy them and don't worry about that. At least it's better than having a drug or alcohol problem or going to a stripclub. At the end of the day you still have something to show for it.

I could never sell a Arrma to buy another Arrma, maby one of my nitros though. Every RC I buy is knowing that money is gone and will never get it back especially with hundreds in upgrades.

So I just enjoy them and don't worry about that. At least it's better than having a drug or alcohol problem or going to a stripclub. At the end of the day you still have something to show for it.
I want em all including 4s because I like to know the difference and compare performance.
*I'd prolly get a 4s Senton if they came out with one though. Crazy but it's what I don't have.

If I had a beer problem I would be out of beer but never. Otherwise I can still get by and get trucks for fun and get my mind off of day to day. No bars, strip clubs, dope, I can eat cheap and make others' food to pay for it all.
I try not to overthink the spending. As long as I use it or share it all I'm good. lol.

I want em all including 4s because I like to know the difference and compare performance.
*I'd prolly get a 4s Senton if they came out with one though. Crazy but it's what I don't have.

If I had a beer problem I would be out of beer but never. Otherwise I can still get by and get trucks for fun and get my mind off of day to day. No bars, strip clubs, dope, I can eat cheap and make others' food to pay for it all.
I try not to overthink the spending. As long as I use it or share it all I'm good. lol.
Yeah I know what you mean, I'd love to have them all. I also don't over think the spending, If I like a particular model I'll buy it. I like having multiple models to run, keeps things from getting boring. They all perform so different just like real cars.

Seeing a lot of Vids on YouTube with the 4S, like them for sure but curious on durability. Wouldn't mind having them both.

The 4S trucks will have all the same problems that the 3S trucks have.....with a crappy radio and a more expensive battery. For the bashing that I do, the new trucks won't do anything that my current 3S trucks can't do. And the added weight on the same chassis? Well I just busted a chassis on my BRCC. No hammering that back! Into the garbage it went.

The new 4S trucks are the 3S trucks with bigger wheels. What do you need to run those bigger wheels? Longer arms and a bigger motor. Bingo. What you need for the bigger motor? 4s. Bingo. Wait, now there is added weight. What do you need? Bigger shocks of the same design. And there you have it.

I don't know what I would do if I didn't own a 3s truck and was in the market for a 1/1o scale Arrma. 4s would not be an automatic choice, that's for sure. And since I already own a 3s, there is really no way I would buy the 4s.I just don't see the added value.

No way 60 stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back