Kraton Arrma kraton 6s 1717 1650kv castle Mmx8s new motor wont run

Sir Marz

Reaction score
Hey guys ...
I've just installed a new Mmx8s and 1717 1650kv castle creations

I made sure the radio was on normal
I did the calibration
And motor rotation.

It was late last night so I put it away ...

This morning I take it out and set it up ... it moved about 2m and instantly stopped ... if I try move it would just cogg .

What could be the issue...

I hooked up my felony to the same esc thinking it was that but it ran the felony motor no problem ...

Then the kraton motor to the felony esc and it would just cogg ....

Please advise what could be the problem .

Killacam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Voltage
Are the motor wires plugged in the correct order? Are you using the sensor wire?

Sir Marz

Reaction score
Are the motor wires plugged in the correct order? Are you using the sensor wire?
Yes they are in the correct order
Yes they are in the correct order
And yes sensor wire was in .. altho it doesn't do anything when the sensor wire is plugged in ... if you remove it it coggs
Are all the wires lined up? I would check the motor for damage.
Yes lined up correctly , Motor came in the box.... purchased it off Amazon. Altho it didn't have a clear plastic over it like the esc did. There were 2 in the pacakge and both motors didn't have the clear plastic over .

No visible damage .

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Infraction 4x4
This is just something to try before you contact Castle: it might narrow down the problem.

Try removing the sensor harness, then swap the motor wires around. If the motor works with the wires swapped, which puts it in sensorless mode like the Felony motor, then you might have a problem with the sensor system in the motor.

Sir Marz

Reaction score
I'll give that a shot when I'm able to ... having a family thing at the moment... but ill be wrenching later ... ill let you know the results...

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
I would say to check the Soldering on the motor wires. Pull on the wires and make sure nothing pops out.

Last edited:

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I’d reflash the esc firmware and start all over again. I has a similar problem and sent it back to castle and they reflashed the esc and it resolved the issue….

Sir Marz

Reaction score
I’d reflash the esc firmware and start all over again. I has a similar problem and sent it back to castle and they reflashed the esc and it resolved the issue….
But another 1717 1650kv works fine on the same esc

Sir Marz

Reaction score
I would say to check the Soldering on the motor wires. Pull on the wires and make sure nothing pops out.
That was my first thing to check as it is behaving as if one wire isn't making connection...
This is just something to try before you contact Castle: it might narrow down the problem.

Try removing the sensor harness, then swap the motor wires around. If the motor works with the wires swapped, which puts it in sensorless mode like the Felony motor, then you might have a problem with the sensor system in the motor.
Does the same cogging thing ...

I've swapped out the felony motor and gave it a good run around for about 10 minutes.. and it all seemed perfect .... the sensor ability and the crazy full throttle... so I've done everything right on the soldering up side... and I've now used one motor in both car with separate escs ... so the escs are fine .... definitely a faulty motor .

Sir Marz

Reaction score
Do you think it's possible that some lock tight got into the motor from the lock tite I used for the motor mount and when I ran it that 2meters forward it got all over inside ...

Just a random thought I had when I stripped the motor mount and seen some still wet locktite under it

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon TLR
Do you think it's possible that some lock tight got into the motor from the lock tite I used for the motor mount and when I ran it that 2meters forward it got all over inside ...

Just a random thought I had when I stripped the motor mount and seen some still wet locktite under it
Could the motor mount screws be too long? Are they extending too far into the motor?

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Man if it's not the soldering I think your luck ran out and sadly you got a bum motor.