Kraton Arrma kraton 6s 1717 1650kv castle Mmx8s new motor wont run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Marz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ...
I've just installed a new Mmx8s and 1717 1650kv castle creations

I made sure the radio was on normal
I did the calibration
And motor rotation.

It was late last night so I put it away ...

This morning I take it out and set it up ... it moved about 2m and instantly stopped ... if I try move it would just cogg .

What could be the issue...

I hooked up my felony to the same esc thinking it was that but it ran the felony motor no problem ...

Then the kraton motor to the felony esc and it would just cogg ....

Please advise what could be the problem .

Are the motor wires plugged in the correct order? Are you using the sensor wire?
Yes they are in the correct order
Yes they are in the correct order
And yes sensor wire was in .. altho it doesn't do anything when the sensor wire is plugged in ... if you remove it it coggs
Are all the wires lined up? I would check the motor for damage.
Yes lined up correctly , Motor came in the box.... purchased it off Amazon. Altho it didn't have a clear plastic over it like the esc did. There were 2 in the pacakge and both motors didn't have the clear plastic over .

No visible damage .

This is just something to try before you contact Castle: it might narrow down the problem.

Try removing the sensor harness, then swap the motor wires around. If the motor works with the wires swapped, which puts it in sensorless mode like the Felony motor, then you might have a problem with the sensor system in the motor.

I'll give that a shot when I'm able to ... having a family thing at the moment... but ill be wrenching later ... ill let you know the results...

I would say to check the Soldering on the motor wires. Pull on the wires and make sure nothing pops out.

Last edited:
I’d reflash the esc firmware and start all over again. I has a similar problem and sent it back to castle and they reflashed the esc and it resolved the issue….

I’d reflash the esc firmware and start all over again. I has a similar problem and sent it back to castle and they reflashed the esc and it resolved the issue….
But another 1717 1650kv works fine on the same esc

I would say to check the Soldering on the motor wires. Pull on the wires and make sure nothing pops out.
That was my first thing to check as it is behaving as if one wire isn't making connection...
This is just something to try before you contact Castle: it might narrow down the problem.

Try removing the sensor harness, then swap the motor wires around. If the motor works with the wires swapped, which puts it in sensorless mode like the Felony motor, then you might have a problem with the sensor system in the motor.
Does the same cogging thing ...

I've swapped out the felony motor and gave it a good run around for about 10 minutes.. and it all seemed perfect .... the sensor ability and the crazy full throttle... so I've done everything right on the soldering up side... and I've now used one motor in both car with separate escs ... so the escs are fine .... definitely a faulty motor .

Are the motor wires plugged in the correct order? Are you using the sensor wire?
Do you think it's possible that some lock tight got into the motor from the lock tite I used for the motor mount and when I ran it that 2meters forward it got all over inside ...

Just a random thought I had when I stripped the motor mount and seen some still wet locktite under it

Do you think it's possible that some lock tight got into the motor from the lock tite I used for the motor mount and when I ran it that 2meters forward it got all over inside ...

Just a random thought I had when I stripped the motor mount and seen some still wet locktite under it
Could the motor mount screws be too long? Are they extending too far into the motor?

Man if it's not the soldering I think your luck ran out and sadly you got a bum motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back