Kraton Arrma kraton 6s blx clearance issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshd420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys. Anyone have any ideas on this. Front driver side differential seems to be wearing on the a arm. Cant seem to find how i could adjust this. Also i am having issues with the ball studs loosening up within 5 mins of run time. Pics attached any idieas?

Attachments

• F9D38EF4-B7A6-4238-837C-B7D00D904877.jpeg
    F9D38EF4-B7A6-4238-837C-B7D00D904877.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 94
  • EF006471-753A-4AF8-ACBB-7AAC75836B58.jpeg
    EF006471-753A-4AF8-ACBB-7AAC75836B58.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 90
  • F518BC12-ED27-4EF3-AA69-5FA3225A382F.jpeg
    F518BC12-ED27-4EF3-AA69-5FA3225A382F.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 86
Take the pivot ball retaining nut off and use the hex that’s in the pivot ball to drive it back in the arm.

Maybe your droop screws are too far out? That’s crazy.
I have tightned both of these pivot balls 3 times now. They just keep backing out.

You have 2 problems as I think you know. The ball threads are the easy one.

Has this thing been popping out a lot? The chew job all over that A-arm and diff cup looks like more than a one time incident. Kind of looks like it the cup eating up the A-arm which doesn't normally happen unless one of the two is way to close to the other. Generally because something is bent somewhere. I'm thinking that lower pin or for some reason the diff isn't sitting right in its housing. Or the cup is so ripped up that some shard of metal on it carving away. OK that's me thinking out loud.

Short answer- something or some things are bent in that whole area surrounding the front diff and related pins for the A-arms. Long answers with detail overkill are below. :)

I'd bite the bullet and pull that front diff out to see whats going on with that. In that process you'll have a good look at all the other related components. There is a lot of stuff that works together in there and if the lower pin is bent or the backside piece of the diff housing where that pin goes is broken then you'll find your true culprit. If for some odd reason everything is Ok and it is seated right in its housing then at minimum file down any shards on the cup causing mayhem. Or replace it.

Part 2- and this is easy cuz you'll have it off from all that anyway. 2 options- 1- replace that a-arm and never have to worry about it. Or, clean up the female threads where the ball keeps coming out. Send down a M4, M5, or M6 tap (I clearly can't remember which it is) and clean out any loose bits in there. Then do what the other guys said about using some CA, tape, or even JB Weld if you are 100% you like the camber angle you have set with that spacer because the next time you remove it after that will be with a dremel. If you aren't married to that camber spacer up top then get rid of it. It will give the ball threads a few more turns of bite. I'd replace it, one last thing to worry about and they are cheap.

You have 2 problems as I think you know. The ball threads are the easy one.

Has this thing been popping out a lot? The chew job all over that A-arm and diff cup looks like more than a one time incident. Kind of looks like it the cup eating up the A-arm which doesn't normally happen unless one of the two is way to close to the other. Generally because something is bent somewhere. I'm thinking that lower pin or for some reason the diff isn't sitting right in its housing. Or the cup is so ripped up that some shard of metal on it carving away. OK that's me thinking out loud.

Short answer- something or some things are bent in that whole area surrounding the front diff and related pins for the A-arms. Long answers with detail overkill are below. :)

I'd bite the bullet and pull that front diff out to see whats going on with that. In that process you'll have a good look at all the other related components. There is a lot of stuff that works together in there and if the lower pin is bent or the backside piece of the diff housing where that pin goes is broken then you'll find your true culprit. If for some odd reason everything is Ok and it is seated right in its housing then at minimum file down any shards on the cup causing mayhem. Or replace it.

Part 2- and this is easy cuz you'll have it off from all that anyway. 2 options- 1- replace that a-arm and never have to worry about it. Or, clean up the female threads where the ball keeps coming out. Send down a M4, M5, or M6 tap (I clearly can't remember which it is) and clean out any loose bits in there. Then do what the other guys said about using some CA, tape, or even JB Weld if you are 100% you like the camber angle you have set with that spacer because the next time you remove it after that will be with a dremel. If you aren't married to that camber spacer up top then get rid of it. It will give the ball threads a few more turns of bite. I'd replace it, one last thing to worry about and they are cheap.
Thanks alot man for taking the time to write that up. Very helpful. I will go for it and pull the front diff so i can see whats going on in there. Thanks again.

Not knowing ya I’ll give you a little tip in case this is your first time tackling this.

Take lots of pics before you start then pics of each set of screws and nuts after you remove them. Will come in hand later when you are in Where TF does that go mode later.

Plus your owners manual has exploded views in the back that show it all.

Have fun. Let us know what you find.

Not knowing ya I’ll give you a little tip in case this is your first time tackling this.

Take lots of pics before you start then pics of each set of screws and nuts after you remove them. Will come in hand later when you are in Where TF does that go mode later.

Plus your owners manual has exploded views in the back that show it all.

Have fun. Let us know what you find.
Good tip. Thanks. Will post up what i find

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back