Arrma Kraton 6s build tread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scawn7

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I haven't even put a battery in it yet and the first aftermarket parts order has been placed, lol:

AKA Products Truggy Impact tires
Apache 2800 protective case
Arrma wheelie bar
Fast Eddy sealed bearing set
Hot Racing front chassis brace
Hot Racing rear chassis brace
Hot Racing aluminum front hubs
Hot Racing aluminum rear hubs
Hot Racing servo mount
JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV servo
MIP metric speed tip set
RPM front bumper
RPM rear skid plate
RPM front arms
RPM rear arms
Venom Pro Duo charger
Zeee 22.2V 100C 6000mAh 6s Lipos

I will update with more pics once parts arrive.

Attachments

• 20200126_195544.jpg
    20200126_195544.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I haven't even put a battery in it yet and the first aftermarket parts order has been placed, lol:

Fast Eddy sealed bearing set
Hot Racing front chassis brace
Hot Racing rear chassis brace
RPM front bumper / skid plate
RPM rear skid plate

I will update with more pics once parts arrive.
Nice. Good luck with the build.

Looks like your off to a geat start, the K6s is an excellent platform for upgrades. Can’t wait to see more pics and maybe even a vid. ?

Looks like your off to a geat start, the K6s is an excellent platform for upgrades. Can’t wait to see more pics and maybe even a vid. ?
I'll definitely have some vids. I've got a GoPro, but looking at getting a hero session to mount on the truck since they are so much smaller.

Just about ready to run! I'm waiting for my FlySky Noble N4 to get here, which is supposed to be Tuesday. Then I can install the receiver, charge things up, and give it a spin. While waiting I've gotten the following:

FastEddy sealed bearing set
HR front chassis brace
HR rear chassis brace
MIP metric speed tip set
RPM front bumper
RPM rear skid plate
Venom Pro Duo charger

The Apache case is truly awesome. You can customize the inside to hold just about anything of any shape by removing small square sections of the foam to leave the shape you want for things to sit in. I'm rather certain my FlySky transmitter will fit along with my Venom charger. If they won't fit together, then maybe I'll just make it work for the transmitter and create a few spots for Lipos to be held for transport.

20200205_150932.jpg

20200205_151015.jpg
20200205_151333.jpg

Just about ready to run! I'm waiting for my FlySky Noble N4 to get here, which is supposed to be Tuesday. Then I can install the receiver, charge things up, and give it a spin. While waiting I've gotten the following:

FastEddy sealed bearing set
HR front chassis brace
HR rear chassis brace
MIP metric speed tip set
RPM front bumper
RPM rear skid plate
Venom Pro Duo charger

The Apache case is truly awesome. You can customize the inside to hold just about anything of any shape by removing small square sections of the foam to leave the shape you want for things to sit in. I'm rather certain my FlySky transmitter will fit along with my Venom charger. If they won't fit together, then maybe I'll just make it work for the transmitter and create a few spots for Lipos to be held for transport.

View attachment 63990
View attachment 63991View attachment 63992
Have fun with that rig. It looks like your on you way to building a great reliable basher (y)

My FlySky Noble NB4 radio w/ FGR4S receiver made it here. While waiting I got bored and swapped the stock tires and wheels out for a set of SRC Terrain Crushers. I personally love the look of these tires although I would have preferred the DuraTrax Bandito tire and wheel set, but they didn't have them in the correct size for the 6s. These will do for now.

By Friday I should have the GoPro Session to mount on the truck for videos, and a set of washers so I can properly set the front end camber. The front right is perfect, but the front left is 1 - 2 degrees off. I do have a set of decals that I've created myself, but haven't gotten them sent off to the printer yet. I would be more excited, but we're about to get a good amount of snow tonight. Going to be waiting a little bit longer.

20200212_181416.jpg

My FlySky Noble NB4 radio w/ FGR4S receiver made it here. While waiting I got bored and swapped the stock tires and wheels out for a set of SRC Terrain Crushers. I personally love the look of these tires although I would have preferred the DuraTrax Bandito tire and wheel set, but they didn't have them in the correct size for the 6s. These will do for now.

By Friday I should have the GoPro Session to mount on the truck for videos, and a set of washers so I can properly set the front end camber. The front right is perfect, but the front left is 1 - 2 degrees off. I do have a set of decals that I've created myself, but haven't gotten them sent off to the printer yet. I would be more excited, but we're about to get a good amount of snow tonight. Going to be waiting a little bit longer.

View attachment 65120
You have the fast one ???

Go Blue

You have the fast one ???

Go Blue

I see what you did there, lol. I don't even let the rivaly bother me since ichigan has only won once in the last 16 years. On a side note, I'm about 45 minutes south of where you are and I actually got my Kraton 6s and the new tires at Hobbytown up in your area.

I see what you did there, lol. I don't even let the rivaly bother me since ichigan has only won once in the last 16 years. On a side note, I'm about 45 minutes south of where you are and I actually got my Kraton 6s and the new tires at Hobbytown up in your area.
If it’s any consolation most of my rigs are red ???

I really should buy a blue one ??〽️

Got the GoPro Session 4 for on board videos. It was a great deal that included a ton of attachments. None of them were what I was looking for however, so I took the handlebar mount and the OEM Arrma front chassis brace to make what I feel is a rather sturdy, as well as good looking camera mount. I have a plastic plate under the body that is reinforce so that I don't rip the bolts through on a bad tumble. Unfortunately I didn't realize how close the rear pins were going to be so I had to drill the holes in the opposite direction so the pins could be put back in. Also picked up a turnbuckle tool and was able to finish adjusting the front end.

Supposed to have some decent weather this weekend. Will hopefully be able to get it out for the first time, even if it's just a few break in runs to make sure everything is good.

20200219_174333.jpg

So I got the first run in at the local skateboard park, and man this thing flies. All 4 shocks needed the preload stiffened once I ran it for a bit. I noticed the servo moving more than I liked so I picked up a Hot Racing servo mount. Also, after a few stabs of the throttle I realized I'd be hitting the rear wing way more than I liked so I also grabbed the Arrma wheelie bar.

I didn't notice the GoPro moved early on and was aiming down at the roof most of the video, so nothing great to upload. My wife did enjoy using the super slow mo on her phone video to get a few dirt tossing donuts. Once the weather clears back up (it's gotta happen some time right?), I'll get a good on-board video and upload.

New hubs showed up today thanks to Sunday delivery. Unfortunately my RPM front and rear arms did not. Assembly will have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday. Got some new tires and wheels as well, but looking to get a different body and rear wing to change it from the "basher" appearance to a "racer" setup. I think I know what I want but suggestions are welcome.

Also considering getting a different set of shocks, but I haven't had any problems with the stock ones. That can wait for now.

HR hubs.png

M2c time?
I've honestly thought about it and was looking at their chassis yesterday. Once I get everything else together and see how it performs, then I'll decide on the m2c chassis. Right now, I have no issue with the stock one and the weight savings isn't big enough to justify.

On a side note, I've replaced the steering servo and it makes quite a bit of noise when I first start using the Kraton. It quiets down after awhile but just wondered if a glitch buster or BEC would fix this.

Last edited:
You should come out if you are not that far from dilly. This summer we will be having plethora of bash sessions with tons of great people.

I'd definitely be interested. Right now I'm kinda swapping some parts around so I can run the TARCAR track in Toledo and if I like how it goes, I may try some racing in Wapak at DJO RC raceway.

I'd definitely be interested. Right now I'm kinda swapping some parts around so I can run the TARCAR track in Toledo and if I like how it goes, I may try some racing in Wapak at DJO RC raceway.
Bro TARCAR is in my backyard (well 1/4 mile thru the woods)! You gotta hit me up when you’re here. I will swing thru.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back