Arrma kraton 6s EXB electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwood

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 6s
Guys I need help. I ordered a 6s Kraton EXB and the motor/ESC combo I purchased was the mamba monster x8s along with the 1717-1650 motor. Now I read in the forum somewhere that it would work. However I went into the local hobby store to buy a 20 tooth pinion and they told me I had the wrong set up and that there would be no room. Will this work? Do I have to modify the motor mount some way or am I cool? Thanks for your help in advance. Attached is a picture of the specs from castle.
CA899C18-F191-4C8B-803C-C7BCE81817BF.png

It will work. I never trust anyone on the hobby store. Most of them are there to sell you products. Very few educate on the hobby.

Thank you! I thought it would work I’m just trying to get back into the hobby and I’m not very knowledgeable. Relearning everything, this is my first roller. Any other pointers or upgrades I should consider

I'm running the same ESC and a 2028 motor (much bigger) with a 55t pinion. It fits. If you are concerned about motor mount, check out PPS for a bulletproof setup
+1 to this. I am running a MMX 6s and a TP motor with the PPS Mount. It's an awesome mount, and an AWESOME piece of engineering.

I'm running the same ESC and a 2028 motor (much bigger) with a 55t pinion. It fits. If you are concerned about motor mount, check out PPS for a bulletproof setup
Do I need another one. Or will what comes with the EXB work
+1 to this. I am running a MMX 6s and a TP motor with the PPS Mount. It's an awesome mount, and an AWESOME piece of engineering.
Could you forward me the link. I’m not able to find a PPS related to RCs and what do you guys think about a 19t pinion. I’m just trying to keep the motor cool. Still haven’t found a heat sink and dual fan set up that will work on that motor in stock

https://practicalproto.com/collections/things-to-buy/products/v4mount

Official Arrma statement is stock motor mount will not fit above a 43 mm diameter can, the 1717 is 47 and change. Personally, with as much power as that motor has, I would go with a PPS mount over stock just for drivetrain rigidity. As for gearing, you can run the V4 Creighton's on a 17 tooth pinion without that much concern for thermals, I'd be willing to push almost 2 to 1 gearing on a 1717 as a starting point.

Do I need another one. Or will what comes with the EXB work

Could you forward me the link. I’m not able to find a PPS related to RCs and what do you guys think about a 19t pinion. I’m just trying to keep the motor cool. Still haven’t found a heat sink and dual fan set up that will work on that motor in stock
Here ya go - V4 PPS Mount

https://practicalproto.com/collections/things-to-buy/products/v4mount

Official Arrma statement is stock motor mount will not fit above a 43 mm diameter can, the 1717 is 47 and change. Personally, with as much power as that motor has, I would go with a PPS mount over stock just for drivetrain rigidity. As for gearing, you can run the V4 Creighton's on a 17 tooth pinion without that much concern for thermals, I'd be willing to push almost 2 to 1 gearing on a 1717 as a starting point.
So I’m good with what came stock and my 19 tooth pinion? I don’t really know about the gearing stuff. I’m going to order the PPS mount now. Thanks for the heads up about that guys

So I’m good with what came stock and my 19 tooth pinion? I don’t really know about the gearing stuff. I’m going to order the PPS mount now. Thanks for the heads up about that guys
One more question says they have a 25mm mount and a 30 mm mount just to make sure. I order the 30mm mount right

One more question says they have a 25mm mount and a 30 mm mount just to make sure. I order the 30mm mount right
No, the 25mm mount is what you need. What matters is the screw pattern on the front of the motor can. The 1717 has a pattern for smaller motors like the stock motor that is in the 6s vehicles anyhow (the 2050kV Arrma motor.) So the 25mm will work.

Thanks guys you all are awesome. Wish I had some Arrma guys in Kansas City Mo. Haven’t found any yet
So I’m ordering this stuff. See picture attached. Should I add anything else Anything else from PPS before I check out
Thanks guys you all are awesome. Wish I had some Arrma guys in Kansas City Mo. Haven’t found any yet
So I’m ordering this stuff. See picture attached. Should I add anything else Anything else from PPS before I check out
0465FFED-4463-4990-8A72-9B503A5BBC64.png

Last edited:
Back