Kraton Arrma Kraton 6s motor cooling fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motoarrow51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I just recently got the Kraton 6s. I live in good ole hot Florida. I’m pretty sure I’ll need a cooling fan for the motor any suggestions? Also I’m new to electric vehicles. Where would I get power for the fan? Old nitro guy here. Also any other suggestions to keep it cool and running smooth would be great

not 100% sure but i think a few of them are just plug-n-play.
what part of florida?
i think you will love the kraton. fairly easy to work on, great balance of speed and durability. oh and it flies like achamp

For powering your fan, just plug it into any open port in the receiver. You may need extensions or splitters, so plan accordingly.

As far as what fans, I would highly recommend aluminum frame fans, as they tend to hold up to bashing better. The WTF fans are good.

I just recently got the Kraton 6s. I live in good ole hot Florida. I’m pretty sure I’ll need a cooling fan for the motor any suggestions? Also I’m new to electric vehicles. Where would I get power for the fan? Old nitro guy here. Also any other suggestions to keep it cool and running smooth would be great
So far I've been using my Kraton on 6s and no overheating after 2 packs here in Miami. I'm planning to get a fan after going up with the pinion.

Where do you live?

Do the Amazon thing or any of the usual online stores like Amain or Horizon.

I'm using the Hobbywing but had to manually bend it and cut out some fins to make it fit. No big deal but cooling was questionable. Added thermal heat conductive compound between motor and cooler and it works ok, without it's fairly useless imho. It's a mess to work the thermal silicon though. Fan is powered off the ESC which has it's own fan plugged in. Buy or make a Y-split cable to share power. You can plug into the receiver but most likely the cable is not long enough. Here in FL it does get warm and today at 82F I reached 155F with a 13T pinion on 6S, on grass. Without thermal compound it previously reached 175F and that is too close for comfort. I'm planning on switching over to the Yeah Racing 1/8 Twin Fan Aluminum Heat Sink w/2 Fans.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...YWTfAs0pSnEliRoW-rzneXUcf1LhVG6UaAmcSEALw_wcB

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yeah-r...s-black-40.8mm-diameter-yea-ya-0261bk/p491090

The yeah racing aluminum fans are great.. they move some serious air.. but you must get it up off the can.. when it's close to the can it cavitates the air like hell, reducing the cooling drastically... try to stay away from the yeah racing pinching fan mounts, they put the fan way to close to the can, and they also slip like crazy when jumping alot, I've had fans mounted top side that were down against the chassis a few big jumps later... I never really liked heat sinks, so came up with this mount..

Attachments

• 20191007_130932.jpg
    20191007_130932.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Yes, good point. Forgot to mention that even the Hobbywing fan needs to be mounted with standoffs. Comes almost natural when you have to bend it into shape. Added some nuts under one side. Also mounted some screen over the intake to avoid fan damage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back