Kraton ARRMA KRATON 6S NEW SAVOX SERVO WONDERING ISSUIES???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flufman23

Reaction score
just got myself a new savox servo. install went great but when I went out to play if I just throttle the car with no steering the car will go straight for couple yards and then randomly start turning either left or right continuously until or correct the direction. Really not sure what could be wrong. i have messed with the end points and everything. maybe the avc is messing up?

Are all links tight? I had the same issue when I changed out mine, and the issue was the new servo was better. Had to dial down turn speed, readjust endpoints, and the new servo saver was a different length than the old horn in my 3s(was no saver installed). This could be a variety of issues. Even an incorrectly set gyro

just got myself a new savox servo. install went great but when I went out to play if I just throttle the car with no steering the car will go straight for couple yards and then randomly start turning either left or right continuously until or correct the direction. Really not sure what could be wrong. i have messed with the end points and everything. maybe the avc is messing up?
I'm pretty sure that you have to recalibrate AVC if you change the servo but idk if that would cause the problem you are having.

Sounds like AVC is dialed way up. Re-calibrate and dial it down.

Alternatively, to make sure it's not the servo, just set your RC with wheels free and try the steering. If there is anything binding or gets squirrly it's not AVC.

Sounds like AVC is dialed way up. Re-calibrate and dial it down.

Alternatively, to make sure it's not the servo, just set your RC with wheels free and try the steering. If there is anything binding or gets squirrly it's not AVC.
I will try that! Once I figure out out how to. But with the car off the ground I have tried to recreate the situation and can't get the steering to move at all with throttle. It goes straight whole time.

Well, AVC detects no resistance when the wheels are up and won't move :unsure:
Honestly, I don't think it will do that but there is something wrong in your bind/calibration process. Look in your manual, it's described in detail and Youtube has videos as well.
I hope that you did check all mechanics first, could a simply that the servo horn is loose.

My new JX servo twitched in my infraction... long story short I figured out the telemetry signal for the battery indicator caused the interference. Digital servos don't like telemetry.

I covered the inside of the receiver box with an RFID credit card sleeve (aluminum foil) and that fixed it. I'm waiting for an carbon fiber receiver box cover, which blocks RF.

Ok, never heard that and honestly that can't be your problem. Glad it worked for you but tinfoil will do nothing and all servos are digital, at least for the Arrma type. If that would be your problem you would have to wrap your servo wires in tinfoil, that is just how eleco interference works.
My guess, you had a loose connection somewhere.

Ok, never heard that and honestly that can't be your problem. Glad it worked for you but tinfoil will do nothing and all servos are digital, at least for the Arrma type. If that would be your problem you would have to wrap your servo wires in tinfoil, that is just how eleco interference works.
My guess, you had a loose connection somewhere.
It's a big documented issue with flight guys....foil and ferrite rings have been their fixes.
I tried the ferrite ring and checked my connections, soldered new wire on the new servo, and swapped the RX antenna wire to make sure the shielding wasn't damaged. I almost sent it back, but the new servo worked fine in my RC with no telemetry, and I have a Savox in that one. Swapped the Savox in the Arrma same thing. Only thing that worked was the stock Arrma servo. (Also did, rebind, calibrations, AVC off...)

Someone had the same symptoms as me... when I wrap my hand around the RX antenna the servo worked, and it only jittered when I turned on the transmitter (because thats when it sends telemetry). My only EC/IC batteries are smart batteries (only because I got a deal), I wired a dumb battery to the Arrma and the servo also works correctly. Tried layers of foil and hooray... I also trimmed the servo wire as short as I could go for good measure.

Back