Kraton Arrma Kraton 6S, no calibration possible spark, flashing red. Factory setting done! Steering works, gas doesn't.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matze1607

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

as a newcomer to this forum, first of all hello to everyone and a big thank you for any help I will receive here. After I have hopefully researched everything that has already been posted and unfortunately have not found a solution to my problem so far, I am turning to you with a new thread! I drove my Kraton 6S for just 15 minutes with a fully charged battery (4 cells) until it suddenly became independent, from little gas to full gas, everything was there. I was able to successfully reset to the factory settings, 3 flashes RED+GREEN When I want to calibrate, the ESC accepts the neutral position with 1x beep and flashes green. Full throttle forwards and backwards are not accepted, there is no beep or flashing. What I couldn't try is changing the battery, I'm new to the RC world and only had one with me, but I charged and connected it again with no success.

Would be great if I could get another approach from you here, what I could try, is it possibly the battery, or rather the receiver and spark?

Best regards!

Welcome! You should start by recalibrating your radio/ESC again. Make sure all radio trims (dials) are set in the middle (throttle trim, steering trim.). If that doesn’t work, unplug your servo from the receiver (channel 1) and see if the ESC takes the prompts. Did you set your steering endpoints? Bad servos are notorious for causing wonky ESC behavior and many people seem to report very early failures on new RTR’s. Try that and ask more questions if it doesn’t solve your problem. Lots of knowledge here and everyone is here to help!

Hello, I tried a few times to recalibrate, first step neutral accept second full throttle and third full brake is not accepted, no light no beep. Unplugged Servo, no result. Tomorrow I will check a new Akku, cause I read in the instructions that flashing red should be "LVC protection activated", mmh

IMG_20230117_192256.jpg

Bummer, man. I’m sure you know this, but double check that the servo is plugged into channel 1 of the receiver and the ESC is on channel two. Like the old saying goes, “one to turn, two to burn!”
What does your LiPo charger read for the cell voltages for your battery when fully charged?

Bummer, man. I’m sure you know this, but double check that the servo is plugged into channel 1 of the receiver and the ESC is on channel two. Like the old saying goes, “one to turn, two to burn!”
What does your LiPo charger read for the cell voltages for your battery when fully charged?
Seems to be ok

IMG_20230117_210124.jpg

IMG_20230117_205603.jpg

IMG_20230117_205614.jpg

I can’t tell from the photo but the black wires from ESC and servo face the outside of the receiver, not the inside. Double check and make sure the plugs in the receiver have the black wires on the outside, not the inside.
Your cell voltages look fine, should not be an LVC code.

I can’t tell from the photo but the black wires from ESC and servo face the outside of the receiver, not the inside. Double check and make sure the plugs in the receiver have the black wires on the outside, not the inside.
Your cell voltages look fine, should not be an LVC code.
Thanks, I checked it, they are outside. It's not possible to plug them otherwise

Unless, and I’m just spitballing here, the ESC programming for LiPo cell count is not set on automatic, so it thinks your 4s battery is a depleted 6s. That could cause an LVC code.

Unless, and I’m just spitballing here, the ESC programming for LiPo cell count is not set on automatic, so it thinks your 4s battery is a depleted 6s. That could cause an LVC code.
It's counting 4 times with beep and green light when I turn the esc on. Then it sumps directly on flashing red

Thanks, I checked it, they are outside. It's not possible to plug them otherwise
Glad yours are good, but yes it can and has been done. People do plug them in backwards sometimes. Harder on some receivers to do than others, but it’s possible.
Do you have a programming card? If not, you can do it the old fashioned way by counting beeps but it’s a PITA, at least for me. Make sure ESC is set to “auto cell detection.”

Glad yours are good, but yes it can and has been done. People do plug them in backwards sometimes. Harder on some receivers to do than others, but it’s possible.
Do you have a programming card? If not, you can do it the old fashioned way by counting beeps but it’s a PITA, at least for me. Make sure ESC is set to “auto cell detection.”
Yes😂 I know what you mean, but I plugged them smooth in😁 I have one, see picture. But I'm afraid to do the beep beep game, but I have done the factory reset.

IMG_20230117_175350.jpg

To me, in the picture of your receiver, it looks as tho one of your plugs is in backwards. The black wires need to be oriented in the same direction. I would double check

Hello everyone,

as a newcomer to this forum, first of all hello to everyone and a big thank you for any help I will receive here. After I have hopefully researched everything that has already been posted and unfortunately have not found a solution to my problem so far, I am turning to you with a new thread! I drove my Kraton 6S for just 15 minutes with a fully charged battery (4 cells) until it suddenly became independent, from little gas to full gas, everything was there. I was able to successfully reset to the factory settings, 3 flashes RED+GREEN When I want to calibrate, the ESC accepts the neutral position with 1x beep and flashes green. Full throttle forwards and backwards are not accepted, there is no beep or flashing. What I couldn't try is changing the battery, I'm new to the RC world and only had one with me, but I charged and connected it again with no success.

Would be great if I could get another approach from you here, what I could try, is it possibly the battery, or rather the receiver and spark?

Best regards!

Well using gas in an electric car, that's your first problem 😂

Joking aside, and it's a bit of a longshot. But you know how the throttle trim is supposed to be centered when calibrating? Well my suggestion is to EVER SO SLIGHTLY advance it forward the tiniest bit and attempt to recalibrate.

Now it should all work perfectly fine, just don't ask why 🙂

Well using gas in an electric car, that's your first problem 😂

Joking aside, and it's a bit of a longshot. But you know how the throttle trim is supposed to be centered when calibrating? Well my suggestion is to EVER SO SLIGHTLY advance it forward the tiniest bit and attempt to recalibrate.

Now it should all work perfectly fine, just don't ask why 🙂
I mean Gas could be also a solution, but I think it will be a one time show.

Thanks, I know about the centering, is it exactly centered? I don't know, but it seems to be. That SLT3 sender is a bit fragile. I hope I will get a chance to test another tomorrow

Yes😂 I know what you mean, but I plugged them smooth in😁 I have one, see picture. But I'm afraid to do the beep beep game, but I have done the factory reset.

View attachment 270822
Hmmmmm….. I just reread the OP. What do you mean by “possible spark?” Also, what’s the background on the vehicle? New, used?
Yo, @SrC , what’s your take on this? Do you think something is smoked? I think my bag of tricks is empty at this point.

Hmmmmm….. I just reread the OP. What do you mean by “possible spark?” Also, what’s the background on the vehicle? New, used?
Yo, @SrC , what’s your take on this? Do you think something is smoked? I think my bag of tricks is empty at this point.
Sry, wrong translation, I meant no calibration of the sender possible. The Vehicle was bought used but in original and nearly new condition, no scratches or anything. It worked fine the first 15 mins!

On your Transmitter change your throttle from normal to reverse or from reverse to normal.

Actually just try going through calibration in both modes to see if it will work. Once it calibrates you can change to N or R as the car needs.

Problem solved, bought a new Transmitter with receiver, and it works. Thank you all for your support!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back