Kraton Arrma Kraton 6s v5 Battery Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCKYE99

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Im getting a Arrma Kraton 6s V5 And i was wondering what batteries i should get i want 2 3s batteries thanks

Ive been running the Graphene Panther 3s 5000 75c for over a year and Turnigy HD 5000 3s for 2 years. The Panthers hold there punch until LVC...fully charged both are about the same...however, the panthers shines throughout the charge while the HD starts to fade at 3.85v. The batteries always balance and haven't puffed. Just bought another Panther (6s) for my Mojave. 1 6S is smaller and lighter than 2×3s

Ive been running the Graphene Panther 3s 5000 75c for over a year and Turnigy HD 5000 3s for 2 years. The Panthers hold there punch until LVC...fully charged both are about the same...however, the panthers shines throughout the charge while the HD starts to fade at 3.85v. The batteries always balance and haven't puffed. Just bought another Panther (6s) for my Mojave. 1 6S is smaller and lighter than 2×3s
I noticed this, 1 6s Rhino weighs just under 900 grams, while 2 of the 3s weigh in at 1100 grams.

why 2 -3's and not just a 6S?
Good question. I said the same.
I rather use my single 6S bricks in single lipo trays, (Kraton 6S)
I only use 2x3S's in my Infr. and Lim.( side by side)
I noticed this, 1 6s Rhino weighs just under 900 grams, while 2 of the 3s weigh in at 1100 grams.
More wire lead and packaging of (2)= more weight than a single 6S. ( all cells being identical in weight for both double and single)

I use turnigy panthers 4000mah 6s in kraton and turnigy heavy duty 4000mah 6s in talion. cars are already heavy with all m2c upgrades

Anymore batteries bought for my Mojaves will be 6S, this thread is the last of the convincing I need. Now the search for choices. Thanks all and cheers

If you are open to buying single 6s packs I run Hoovo 6000mah 60c packs. At the time they were under $70. I use to only run Zeee's and Ovonics, but wanted to try something different this time. I was able to get 3 of the Hoovo's for under $200. So far they are great. Ive been running them in my Kraton 6s and get about 17 mins on average. Plenty of power too. Currently the 6000's are $75.99, but the 5200's are only $58.49.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MQT98D7/
So basically you only shop for lipo's on Amazon lol. Not that that's a bad thing ????

Cheap ones

Banggood.com

Zop Power 60-80c both 6s and dual 3s to=
stock set ups like BLX 185 combo 6s
or
The Pro
ones when you bash in hot or extreme ways, you want atleast max 6 4985 combo WITH sanyo 3s mini lipo runned fans at motor and esc
SMC V2 100c + 10q plate covered light weight 6500 6s lipos with EX8 connectors , have them in one rig now,
Alll my 6-8s rigs will have EC8 soon, alot better than stock EC/IC 5 if you blast hard

optimal is have one soft terrain and also asphalt + Hard terrain / snow / mus / hills / woods set up
If you only want fun in both ways
Have 2 Mojave EXB.s
One soft terrain version
and one hard terrain or snow set up.

Best with 2 cars is also if one breaks
You can still drive one rc and be maybe more carefull and easy on the speed untill you have new parts arrived and installed to yours hard bashers version :)

Last edited:
I have no issues with them, but I still want a set of really good high punch brand name ones. For when I want to beat the boys lol.
I wish I had a Vorza. I keep eyeing it.
So basically you only shop for lipo's on Amazon lol. Not that that's a bad thing ????
I buy from amz and even gens-ace-r-spam direct when they have a special. Nothing wrong with "some" AMZ packs at all. 22 lipos of many brands later, trial and error dictates with me. I don't see that more $$$ or wherever you buy, always gets you the better lipo.
I find that a new lipo pack is either good or bad out the box. I test them out the box. If they suck, or have poor IR's or are not at 3.8v/ cell. I call for a replacement. I have received duds from AMZ as well as name brands before. Not often though. I believe 4 of 22 lipos in the past 5 years needed to be replaced out the box. And AMZ has the best replacement protection IMHO, if its a Prime purchase. The original ones never get returned, because defective Lipos are considered HAZMAT items and too costly and dangerous to be returned. It just gets replaced.
I even had one lipo that smelled so strong of Lithium Polymer, that it stunk out the house, like it was leaking, and one cell was low. It was a KCRTEK 6s brick. It had a very sweet pungent smell. I put it outside on the patio and called AMZ and it was replaced. Man that lipo stunk for weeks. I just discharged it, clipped the leads off and put in the trash. The replacement KCRTEK lipo I have is still a good lipo today.

Last edited:
The HRB/Yowoo 6S 5000mAh packs are available but the width is concerning for ordering sight-unseen? I don't want to chop my battery tray and 43-44mm width allowance isn't jiving with battery dimensions. Are these packs fitting into stock Mojave battery trays for you guys or is there something I'm not aware of? Sorry to go off-topic with a different model. Thanks and cheers

Searched for a thread like this but for the Mojave and nada?

Why does my EXB manual say max. 55mm width? That could literally screw people if they didn't know better!? My BLX combo-model manual has no battery dimensions listed at all. Something should be done about that. :unsure:

Just got 4 of the Yowoo 4000mAh 100C Graphene as there's not a lot available on eBay, didn't want HobbyStar or PowerHobby... Thanks for the solid Yowoo Graphene recommendation though, really helpful.

Last edited:
I wish I had a Vorza. I keep eyeing it.

I buy from amz and even gens-ace-r-spam direct when they have a special. Nothing wrong with "some" AMZ packs at all. 22 lipos of many brands later, trial and error dictates with me. I don't see that more $$$ or wherever you buy, always gets you the better lipo.
I find that a new lipo pack is either good or bad out the box. I test them out the box. If they suck, or have poor IR's or are not at 3.8v/ cell. I call for a replacement. I have received duds from AMZ as well as name brands before. Not often though. I believe 4 of 22 lipos in the past 5 years needed to be replaced out the box. And AMZ has the best replacement protection IMHO, if its a Prime purchase. The original ones never get returned, because defective Lipos are considered HAZMAT items and too costly and dangerous to be returned. It just gets replaced.
I even had one lipo that smelled so strong of Lithium Polymer, that it stunk out the house, like it was leaking, and one cell was low. It was a KCRTEK 6s brick. It had a very sweet pungent smell. I put it outside on the patio and called AMZ and it was replaced. Man that lipo stunk for weeks. I just discharged it, clipped the leads off and put in the trash. The replacement KCRTEK lipo I have is still a good lipo today.
You should get a Vorza, they are tanks. HRP just got in some it looks like https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/products/hpi101850-vorza-flux

Last edited:
I have a mojave and kraton v2 comming!

I don't understand how you guys are able to fit a Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh 6S 75C pack which measures 145x51x61mm when the Mojave and Kraton are 158 x 48 x 70mm as per Arrma website

Can lipos be squeezed by a few mm to fit into the battery case?

I just bought 4 lipos, 2 on Ebay, 2 on Amazon, same lipos, same shop. Prices can change day to day, sales going on now day to day. Shop around for good prices, you can save a few bucks here and there.

It's all about pricing, shipping cost and cash back. Either ebay bucks plus Rakuten (1% ea.) or Amazon credit card (5%). Sometimes Hobbyshops are cheaper as well. Got to shop around.

I don't understand how you guys are able to fit a Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh 6S 75C pack which measures 145x51x61mm when the Mojave and Kraton are 158 x 48 x 70mm as per Arrma website

Sometimes you can yes. Iirc the V1 tray was a few mm wider as well.

Hi @mariniam and welcome to the madness! :)

Being new myself this has been an issue getting started also. The tray in the V2 Mojave has 48mm of width according to both my cars. Anything wider and you'll have to start chopping plastic and removing the slide retainer on the front of the battery tray. I have no idea how people are fitting larger batteries in otherwise.

Personally I have some of the Spektrum 3S 5000mAh "100C" packs and just got some of these 6S packs on good recommendation from a couple of experienced guys on here:

6S 4000mAh EC5 - 136mm x 42mm x 50mm

The 5000mAh are 155mm x 48mm x 45mm which I will buy after I've seen the 4000's that are guaranteed to fit.

The problem with ordering online is there is slight variations in dimensions of packs sometimes (which is why some put things like +/- 3mm, etc. in some listings) so buying a 48mm wide pack on the internet may turn-out to be a non-fitting 50mm when you get it? Make sense?

Anyway, I'd suggest you keep a conservative 46mm in mind as your maximum width for your packs unless you can look at and measure your packs before you buy. Finding appropriate batteries is an issue and requires some looking around but there are quite a few choices out there especially if you don't mind changing connectors on packs. Good luck and cheers

Back