Kraton Arrma Kraton 6s v5 Battery Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCKYE99

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Im getting a Arrma Kraton 6s V5 And i was wondering what batteries i should get i want 2 3s batteries thanks

Hi @mariniam and welcome to the madness! :)

Being new myself this has been an issue getting started also. The tray in the V2 Mojave has 48mm of width according to both my cars. Anything wider and you'll have to start chopping plastic and removing the slide retainer on the front of the battery tray. I have no idea how people are fitting larger batteries in otherwise.

Personally I have some of the Spektrum 3S 5000mAh "100C" packs and just got some of these 6S packs on good recommendation from a couple of experienced guys on here:

6S 4000mAh EC5 - 136mm x 42mm x 50mm

The 5000mAh are 155mm x 48mm x 45mm which I will buy after I've seen the 4000's that are guaranteed to fit.

The problem with ordering online is there is slight variations in dimensions of packs sometimes (which is why some put things like +/- 3mm, etc. in some listings) so buying a 48mm wide pack on the internet may turn-out to be a non-fitting 50mm when you get it? Make sense?

Anyway, I'd suggest you keep a conservative 46mm in mind as your maximum width for your packs unless you can look at and measure your packs before you buy. Finding appropriate batteries is an issue and requires some looking around but there are quite a few choices out there especially if you don't mind changing connectors on packs. Good luck and cheers
Thank you @IrieWheeler this is the most helpful advice I have received!
Been searching for days to find the perfect high rated >80C 5000mah for my Arrmas and just can't seem to get one that fits unless I go down to 4k like you say.

But I took a risk today and pulled the trigger on what I know from experience to be the best lipo out there from my racing drone shenanigans

Tattu R-Line 22.2V 5100mah 6S 95C FPV

Its 49mm which is +1 from the allowed 48mm, but I'm confident I will get it to fit. If not I'll return it.

I measured a whole lot of Tattus I have sitting around and they are roughly 1-2 mm less that what is stated on their website.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks guys for responding so it looks like you don't need expensive batteries because that was a worry for me that the more expensive the better i haven't really decided yet but i am looking at the ones that you guys showed me those yowoo ones also actually look pretty good as well

Thank you @IrieWheeler this is the most helpful advice I have received!
Been searching for days to find the perfect high rated >80C 5000mah for my Arrmas and just can't seem to get one that fits unless I go down to 4k like you say.

But I took a risk today and pulled the trigger on what I know from experience to be the best lipo out there from my racing drone shenanigans

Tattu R-Line 22.2V 5100mah 6S 95C FPV

Its 49mm which is +1 from the allowed 48mm, but I'm confident I will get it to fit. If not I'll return it.

I measured a whole lot of Tattus I have sitting around and they are roughly 1-2 mm less that what is stated on their website.

Fingers crossed!
I was able to fit 2 of these in the stock battery tray on my Outcast 156x49x31.7mm https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rhino-5000mah-3s-50c-lipo-battery-pack-w-xt60.html so I'm sure you can shoehorn that beast in there. You might have to remove the retainer on the front of the tray though.

I have to second both Custnam and SrC for their Yowoo Graphene and Hoovo standard lipo suggestions. Best bang for buck that I have tried so far especially the Yowoo Graphene batteries. Also I don't know if SMC Racing batteries are still popular but their graphene batteries are pretty fairly priced as long as you don't grab the ones with the protection plates.

I am a novice and don't know too much about Lipo batteries so i bought the Spektrum charger pack and use only Spektrum 5000mah Lipo batteries that basically is full proof on charging, discharging for dummies. So i have no other batteries to compare with.

Nothing wrong with them if you are new, they are more expensive compared to others of equal or similar performance. They take the maintenance worry out of the equation and that is what the are designed to do and do it well.

Sorry for the bump, im looking for best batteries for my kraton v5, i found several review that states that this one,

https://www.gens-ace-r-spam.de/gens...attery-pack-with-ec5-bashing-series-2040.html

Is very high quality, would this fit in v5 (2x) without issues? and would you recommend a single or dual batteries? im guessing when upgrading later on i cant use a single 6s in a 8s car? or i would not be able to use 2x 3s? or ill be able to use both combinations, so any reason to go for single cell?

I run a beast of a kraton and I don't find that batteries are as important as made out to be. If it's crap then it matters but otherwise it's marketing. I'm not a huge fan of Amazon but I think the Zees lipos perform and last.
I got the 6000mah but they are currently 15$ more than what I paid but here are some. I have my local hobby store put IC5 connectors on as well

Back