Kraton Arrma kraton 6s with Spektrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Voltage
Hi ArrmaFam,

Is it true with the Spektrum, there is no reverse on the 50/75 limiter? Only on 100, the reverse works. I thought i was going bonkers thinking the esc has fried.

Hi ArrmaFam,

Is it true with the Spektrum, there is no reverse on the 50/75 limiter? Only on 100, the reverse works. I thought i was going bonkers thinking the esc has fried.

I noticed the same thing, but found that sometimes it would reverse at 50 or 75 thr limit. It was inconsistent at 100 as well, but I found it depends on the throttle trim position. I haven't read up on it, but I did perform a throttle calibration per the manual, hoping that it makes the reverse more predictable.
I noticed the same thing, but found that sometimes it would reverse at 50 or 75 thr limit. It was inconsistent at 100 as well, but I found it depends on the throttle trim position. I haven't read up on it, but I did perform a throttle calibration per the manual, hoping that it makes the reverse more predictable.

Just found this thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/new-kraton-has-no-reverese-on-50-and-75-power-option.11498/

Screenshot_20191203-064427.png

Last edited:
Hi ArrmaFam,

I'm not sure, but I didn't even try to run my V4 Kraton 6s with that radio. I immediately swapped mine out with a ttx300 and receiver. I would recommend you do the same for better driving experience and safety TBH.

I'm not sure, but I didn't even try to run my V4 Kraton 6s with that radio. I immediately swapped mine out with a ttx300 and receiver. I would recommend you do the same for better driving experience and safety TBH.

Everyone is avoiding it like the plague. So far I had no issue with the stx2 with my granite 3s and senton 3s. Just weird that this happens with the kraton 6s. Totally no reverse on 50/75

No reverse or brakes on 50%, very little on 75%. I have heard it u reprogram the esc with the setting u want on the remote it would be better. But why would they put the switch on the remote then? Fyi I gave mine to my son at 50% the first day. The no brakes made him wreck right into a tree.

No reverse or brakes on 50%, very little on 75%. I have heard it u reprogram the esc with the setting u want on the remote it would be better. But why would they put the switch on the remote then? Fyi I gave mine to my son at 50% the first day. The no brakes made him wreck right into a tree.

So its true then. I reprogrammed the throttle esc on 100% setting and it is the same results. I will try to reprogram it on the 50% and see if the reverse works on the 75/100

If nothing else works, radiolink it is then.

So its true then. I reprogrammed the throttle esc on 100% setting and it is the same results. I will try to reprogram it on the 50% and see if the reverse works on the 75/100

If nothing else works, radiolink it is then.

Upgrade the transmitter if you like, but don't expect it to fix the issue. If you read the thread I linked above, people are saying that this behaviour doesn't change with a new radio. They're saying the ESC LED is acknowledging the brake/reverse signal even with the thr lim at 50, but the ESC doesn't seem to go into reverse.

If you calibrate the ESC on 50% switch, then 50% becomes 100%. Then 75% becomes 125% and 100% becomes 150%.

When I tried this calibration on 50% switch and then switched back to 100%, it literally made my Kraton 4s standing backflip instantly with even the slightest input on the throttle. It was insane.

If you calibrate the ESC on 50% switch, then 50% becomes 100%. Then 75% becomes 125% and 100% becomes 150%.

When I tried this calibration on 50% switch and then switched back to 100%, it literally made my Kraton 4s standing backflip instantly with even the slightest input on the throttle. It was insane.

Yowzah thats nuts!
Upgrade the transmitter if you like, but don't expect it to fix the issue. If you read the thread I linked above, people are saying that this behaviour doesn't change with a new radio. They're saying the ESC LED is acknowledging the brake/reverse signal even with the thr lim at 50, but the ESC doesn't seem to go into reverse.

So the issue is the stock esc? Is this only on the v4 version?

You won’t find hardly anyone here that has a good thing to say about it. If you haven’t watched Vas’ channel, you aren’t YouTubing correctly. @Aussie RC Playground

You won’t find hardly anyone here that has a good thing to say about it. If you haven’t watched Vas’ channel, you aren’t YouTubing correctly. @Aussie RC Playground
True. I have mentioned this so many times that I generally skip talking about it in my most recent videos as I feel most people would be sick of hearing me complain about it. LOL. Plus, aside from the TTX300 radios and maybe a couple of others, I generally swap out the stock radios if I'm not enjoying the experience. But the STX2 is by far the worst offender when it comes to bad stock RTR radios, and even though it comes well equipped, it just feels awful and has range and glitching issues.

True. I have mentioned this so many times that I generally skip talking about it in my most recent videos as I feel most people would be sick of hearing me complain about it. LOL. Plus, aside from the TTX300 radios and maybe a couple of others, I generally swap out the stock radios if I'm not enjoying the experience. But the STX2 is by far the worst offender when it comes to bad stock RTR radios, and even though it comes well equipped, it just feels awful and has range and glitching issues.

Your videos about it is what originally got me shopping for a different radio before I even had my first Arrma. I have a Flysky FS-GT5 and use it on my Notorious and Kraton 6s and love it.

Hi Guys!

Should i bring it back to my LHS or just ditch the stx2 radio? I just got the kraton last Sunday.

Sad fact, but just ditch it and move on.......

Spektrum DX5c, Futaba 3PV, Tactic TTX300 (if you can find one ?) all very good replacements for varying amounts of money..??
IMO ....All good for entry level budget..... I gave my futaba 3pv to my son for his rigs and I bought a used Futaba 4px in mint conditions.... AN OTHER WORLD..... I recommend it to everybody... easy , intuitive, full of easy settings and not criptical setting than all entry level trasmitter. Futaba 3pv is not so intuitive as the higher level 4 px but onces the set up is correct, the performances are almost acceptable... Anyway it would be a huge improvement from the stock one. More easy to do tricks, jumps, handling... all things that are limited with the stock ones...

Hi Guys!

Should i bring it back to my LHS or just ditch the stx2 radio? I just got the kraton last Sunday.
Even on my friend's Granite, that radio has a sense of "disconnect and lag" when I drove it. Maybe because I'm used to the ttx300.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back