Kraton Arrma kraton 6s with Spektrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after much thought, I bought a radiolink to replace the stx2. With this much power I don't want anyone to get hurt. Just felt cheated that this thing comes with the 50/75 limiter is no much use to the kraton 6s.

Well after much thought, I bought a radiolink to replace the stx2. With this much power I don't want anyone to get hurt. Just felt cheated that this thing comes with the 50/75 limiter is no much use to the kraton 6s.

Nice! Just curious...which Radiolink model did you buy? Does it have the 50/75 throttle limiter, and does it fix the reverse issue?

Nice! Just curious...which Radiolink model did you buy? Does it have the 50/75 throttle limiter, and does it fix the reverse issue?

Radiolink RC6GS. It does not have a throttle limiter. I doubt it has a reverse issue. I had no reverse issue if i use the 100 mode on stx2.

The Radiolink has throttle dual rate and limiting. It’s not a switch, it is menu driven. Another thing you could do is since the Radiolink holds up to 10 models, you could create a model for you with no restrictions and another model with all the limiters you want. Then you could simply switch between the models in the menu. That would be really quick.

Hi ArrmaFam,

Is it true with the Spektrum, there is no reverse on the 50/75 limiter? Only on 100, the reverse works. I thought i was going bonkers thinking the esc has fried.

General guys I would ditch the STX2 controller because there's such a bad delay from handset to receiver.
I use a cheaper radiolink RC4GS and R6FG v2 receive and last week, I broke the rang but accidentally crimped the antenna, had no spares so chucked the stx2 in my Senton 4s. The difference was day and night. I couldn't get the car going in a straight line at speed because of over correction of steering that's the fault of the delay.

Many crashes could be avoided with a decent handset gents. I'll be happy once my new receivers arrive so I can ditch the STX2 which is fit for the bin and should not be sold with any rc vehicle especially ones that cost £470. It's an insult for horizon hobbies to think it's ok to put such a cheap crappy controller with expensive cars 6s cars, 3s, 8s.

I know the Kraton 8s comes with the STX2. Massive insult to the arrma community

General guys I would ditch the STX2 controller because there's such a bad delay from handset to receiver.
I use a cheaper radiolink RC4GS and R6FG v2 receive and last week, I broke the rang but accidentally crimped the antenna, had no spares so chucked the stx2 in my Senton 4s. The difference was day and night. I couldn't get the car going in a straight line at speed because of over correction of steering that's the fault of the delay.

Many crashes could be avoided with a decent handset gents. I'll be happy once my new receivers arrive so I can ditch the STX2 which is fit for the bin and should not be sold with any rc vehicle especially ones that cost £470. It's an insult for horizon hobbies to think it's ok to put such a cheap crappy controller with expensive cars 6s cars, 3s, 8s.

Kraton 8S comes with a Spektrum DX2e and an AVC enabled receiver, just like the Losi Super Rock Rey and Super Baja Rey.

Kraton 8S comes with a Spektrum DX2e and an AVC enabled receiver, just like the Losi Super Rock Rey and Super Baja Rey.
I stand corrected ? but the STX2 came with my Kraton 6s and Senton 3/4s. After using a decent controller then going back to the STX2 is very shocking. How is it so bad?

Maybe i keep the stx2 for crawlers kit. don't think anyone would buy it.
No one in their right mind would buy the STX2. I have two handset and receivers where which I'm never going to use. Can't sell them because no one wants them so I'm stuck with them until they make their way to the bin... but I suppose they may be alright for use of a boat? I'm making a river jet boat from scratch for the summer

I think it s fine that arrma puts a poop transmitter !! Yes it could have more adjustments or a better a communication with car with less weaky gap but if arrma putted a better radio, the price of one kraton would grow up to other 150$... so, for me it’s ok that comes out with poop radio!! If you want to go forward with this hobby, just buy a better radio for your kraton or other cars that you will buy!!...and believe me ... you will buy other rigs.. I started with a rig 8 months ago and now I only have 3 rigs!!(sorry for my English)
7841F968-AF74-455E-90E1-B351746F2EDC.jpeg

Maybe i keep the stx2 for crawlers kit. don't think anyone would buy it.
I through mine out of the window! Bought a futaba 3pv and finally happy with my futaba4px(awesome)

Last edited:
No one in their right mind would buy the STX2. I have two handset and receivers where which I'm never going to use. Can't sell them because no one wants them so I'm stuck with them until they make their way to the bin... but I suppose they may be alright for use of a boat? I'm making a river jet boat from scratch for the summer
Arrma
I think it s fine that arrma puts a poop transmitter !! Yes it could have more adjustments or a better a communication with car with less weaky gap but if arrma putted a better radio, the price of one kraton would grow up to other 150$... so, for me it’s ok that comes out with poop radio!! If you want to go forward with this hobby, just buy a better radio for your kraton or other cars that you will buy!!...and believe me ... you will buy other rigs.. I started with a rig 8 months ago and now I only have 3 rigs!!(sorry for my English)View attachment 56499

I through mine out of the window! Bought a futaba 3pv and finally happy with my futaba4px(awesome)
Here in the UK my Senton 3s cost £270 and the Kraton 6s was £460, none of them are cheap so why put a cheap controller? he controller I run is the radiolink RC4GS which compared to the STX2 is a massive improvement, any delay is so small it's hard to notice any delay at all.

The Kraton I wish I'd never bought. Problem after problem with it. I've spent so much money on it to make it tought that that to sell it wouldn't get nowhere near what I've spent... it's the input pinion and main differential sprocket that is letting the truck down. Even though the parts I'm using are made from #45 hardened steel the pinions teeth are stripping but only on the rear is the teeth stripping. The front has the same #45 hardened steel parts, they have been in there for 3 months and show no signs at all of being used at all they look new so how am I having trouble with the rear? I checked everything was right before taking it out and everything was smooth as silk. the first 5 minute it ran sweet but afterwards it all went down hill. Clicking of grinding gears and loss of power from the rear once more ☹

My Senton has no such problems, it's all sweet as a nut, good to go bashing at anytime. These 1/10 scale Arrma's are made better and are better designed than their 1/8 scale.

The 1/10 arrma is what a basher wants because they take an absolute kick in, so tough. All they really need is a sealed bearing kit and a better controller

Arrma

Here in the UK my Senton 3s cost £270 and the Kraton 6s was £460, none of them are cheap so why put a cheap controller? he controller I run is the radiolink RC4GS which compared to the STX2 is a massive improvement, any delay is so small it's hard to notice any delay at all.

The Kraton I wish I'd never bought. Problem after problem with it. I've spent so much money on it to make it tought that that to sell it wouldn't get nowhere near what I've spent... it's the input pinion and main differential sprocket that is letting the truck down. Even though the parts I'm using are made from #45 hardened steel the pinions teeth are stripping but only on the rear is the teeth stripping. The front has the same #45 hardened steel parts, they have been in there for 3 months and show no signs at all of being used at all they look new so how am I having trouble with the rear? I checked everything was right before taking it out and everything was smooth as silk. the first 5 minute it ran sweet but afterwards it all went down hill. Clicking of grinding gears and loss of power from the rear once more ☹

My Senton has no such problems, it's all sweet as a nut, good to go bashing at anytime. These 1/10 scale Arrma's are made better and are better designed than their 1/8 scale.

The 1/10 arrma is what a basher wants because they take an absolute kick in, so tough. All they really need is a sealed bearing kit and a better controller

Uh, ok ? If you are chewing up the rear diff you either have a mesh issue due to a broken gear box, lose cover, etc. or you are landing under throttle, self righting, doing standing backflips. The diffs in my Kraton are over a year old.

As far as the 3s trucks being better designed, I will respectfully disagree. They steer like crap out of the box and the lack of a center diff really limits the handling. They don't jump as far or as high as the 6s rigs either. If you owned a 6s Senton your 3s Senton would have cobwebs all over it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back